HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets vs Pats... who are you rooting for
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets vs Pats... who are you rooting for
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:50AM

to lose ofcourse. No way I can root for either of them to win, my only wish is that they play eachother and both come out with a loss. Since that is not possible i think i want the pats to lose for three reason.

1) Pats offense is explosive and worries me
2) they are 1-0 and a lose plus a dolphin win would put us 1 games ahead of everyone
3) jets wants to slug it out and so do we so I think that these will be close games that we could win

What do you guys think

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets vs Pats... who are you rooting for
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:58AM

None of the above.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:59AM

Pats to win. Let's make a 3 team race into a 2 team race as early as possible. Jets schedule is killer early on, if they dig a hole they won't get out of it.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:17PM

Pats hands down.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:21PM

Its a win win situation either way. I would benefit us more for the Jets to win as we would be in first place alone if we win this week. With a Jets win and a NE loss and a Miami loss at least we are in a 3 way tie for the lead.

We need to keep things close as NE will not lose many consecutive games and we don't need them pulling away this early.

I hope Moss rips Revis up after the cocky comments he made recently.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: September 18, 2010 03:30PM

I'm rooting for NE to win over NY. Mike is right. With the way NY is structured, confidence is everything. Rattle that confidence in their coaching staff and their young QB and you have the ingredients for a disaster.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: September 18, 2010 03:40PM

I think I would rather see a Jet win in a very, very close game. The emotion thing is big for them, so actually a lucky win, like winning on a bad refs call at the very end would be best.

The pats are looking very good on offense and that does not bode well for the Dolphins (or the rest of the AFC).

We can handle the Jets the following week and then the NFL will begin looking at the Dolphins a lot closer.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: September 18, 2010 04:15PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 18, 2010 04:37PM

Very good point!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 04:56PM

Posted by: opus ()
Date: September 18, 2010 05:17PM

Logic can not play into this equation, as a fan it is almost pure emotion to begin with. You either hate the Pats more or the Jets more.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 05:23PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 18, 2010 05:56PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 05:59PM

pats---if jets lose they are done and i will laugh and laugh....

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 18, 2010 06:25PM

Ok tough one, I hate the Pats more then the Jets as I originally came from New England and had to listen to there unknowledgeable fans. I also hate the Jets, but with Rex shooting his mouth off and me having to hear about the friggin Jets all off-season Hard Knocks and all that, I don't want to see the Jets ever win... I say I want the Pats to win but Brady to get hurt for the season being tackled by Revis who separates a shoulder while tackling him. And Moss tear a knee tripping over his ego...

Posted by: xynz ()
Date: September 18, 2010 06:36PM

I want the Jets to lose, so they're 0-2 when we play them in week 3. Then in front of a national audience, we humiliate them in a blowout.

Given the Jets's unstable psyche, this could push them into the kind of multi-season franchise devolution that they suffered after "The Clock Play". Then the Jests would spend several seasons in disarray and out of the playoff hunt. Eliminating the Jests as contenders for several years, increases the 'Phins playoff chances for those years.

This kind of long term strategic outcome, is worth the short term tactical advantage that it would cede to New England this year.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:03PM

I'm rooting for pats this weekend. Forget tactical advantage (even though it's smart play) I just hate the jets

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:07PM

You guys make some good points about worrying about the Pats more, but like Mike said, I worry about the Jets getting on a roll with a big win over the Pats. The Pats will always have Brady but their D isn't that good and they're an aging team, the Jets could be scary with a little mo on their side. I guess the outcome tomorrow is truly a win-win for us.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 18, 2010 09:14PM

The Jets have become the team I hate the most.

The Pats are my former most hated team. My hatred for them was based upon jealousy. I have grown to respect them now. The Jets? I hate them the most because of the cockiness.

I'll ride with Mike O's philosophy and reasoning for this one.

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: September 18, 2010 11:59PM

I hope it ends in a tie. With multiple injury's on both sides.

Posted by: PhinParis ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:43AM

I'm rooting for the pats

The jets are too arrogant, i want them to be 0 and 2 and then 0 and 3.

But i would like Sanchez to not have a too bad game because i want him to remain their starting QB. I think he is the biggest weakness of the jets and i want him to keep playing.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 19, 2010 03:48AM

Jets gotta lose, because we will win alot, and beat both teams, but Mikeo is right a 0-2 start for the Jets will be crushing, especially when they come to town and we spank em, then season is done forget about it! lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.