HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Report: Parcells claims he never wanted Pat White
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Report: Parcells claims he never wanted Pat White
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 27, 2010 03:40AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Report: Parcells claims he never wanted Pat White
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 04:07AM

Well... I didnt either. I felt at the time he was selected to keep him out of the hands of the Pats (for some reason).

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 27, 2010 05:09AM

Well if the lack of playing time wasn't the final nail in his Dolphins coffin, this report surely is! Bye, Bye Pat

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 05:21AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 27, 2010 05:39AM

This goes beyond damage control. They're crushing White's NFL career. No one is going to want to touch him after this. There must be more going on that PW just being a bad player. My guess is they had a serious talk with him about changing position, and PW held firm saying he's a QB and nothing else. He must have seriously ticked off the front office.

Date: August 27, 2010 05:42AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 27, 2010 05:45AM

I've never seen a front office treat a player this way simply because they felt he wasn't good enough. PW must be in someone's doghouse. If it's just his ability, then he must be completely retarded. But, then, scrambling against air is a retarded decision...so...

Still, if they just want to save face, cut him. Don't call him out like that. White's NFL career is OVER, and Parcells did that to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 05:46AM by montequi.

Date: August 27, 2010 05:45AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not buying it.
>
> If he thought White had BUST written all over him
> he'd have told Ireland not to waste a 2nd rounder
> on him and try to get him later.
>
> Sounds like damage control to me.

Yeah Phinsfan, i'm not saying I totally buy this report, but the fact this came out means they're getting ready to dump him

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 05:56AM

Whatever the case Pat White as a player has conducted himself professionaly. The guy got a nice check for two years and an opp to play for the phins. If I were Pat I would the cash and go to Canada. Toronto Vancouver and Montreal are nice cities plus the Canadians are not as petty as most Americans are these days.

Date: August 27, 2010 05:56AM

I'm still wondering what that missing the 1st day of camp was about. My theory is that they tried to get him to change positions or fake an injury to go on IR so they could hold onto him and see if he developes after another off-season, could be wrong but something seemed awful wierd with that whole deal. Maybe he told them to pound sand and they are making him pay.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: August 27, 2010 06:11AM

Actually, he got a paycheck for one year.

But I agree, he's going to the land of comedians and socialized medicine.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 27, 2010 08:50AM

I think Montequi made the best point. We all seem agreed that he is not what we want but why devalue him by downtalking him?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 09:10AM

I agree, there is something beyond just White sucking. Parcells never says anything and now this comes out? Whoever made the point about him refusing to switch positions may be on to something.....

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 27, 2010 09:36AM

I aint saying s.it because the source of this info hasnt been confirmed by the accussed.

You guys should hold your right to speak as well.

Date: August 27, 2010 09:39AM

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: August 28, 2010 05:29AM

That's just Parcells, blow-hard can't admit he made a mistake by blowing the second round in the draft. Just like they almost ruined Chad Henne by trotting him off for the wildcat in ridiculous scoring situations last year now they've decided to destroy Pat Whites' career. Hopefully blow-hard's days are numbered down here if the Camarillo trade comes back to bite everyone in the arse.

Releasing Jason Taylor the way they did, is another one that didn't sit well with me. Keep it up, and the fan base will say enough is enough.

P.S. more great work by Bill Parcells in buiding some chemistry in the locker room. Great work Bill, really brilliant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2010 05:34AM by chrisnnavarre.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 05:46AM

Ok Chris now is not the time to destroy Parcells. You dont have to agree with some of the moves, and yes I didnt like some of the moves either, and yes we basically got nothing for Camarillo.

You never know, but I would have wanted a draft pick, instead of a guy who will barely see the field, and prob wont contribute on defense.

But Bashing the man who has helped build this team into what it is well come on man.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 06:28AM

Not sure I buy this,but you never know. So far the Parcells/Treland regime hasn't shown much draft or FA wise.How much more time to they get?

Date: August 28, 2010 06:33AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Not sure I buy this,but you never know. So far the
> Parcells/Treland regime hasn't shown much draft or
> FA wise.How much more time to they get?

Wasted HIGH draft picks like Turner, White, and Merling. Terrible free agent signings like Eric Green, Earnest Wilford, Gabril Wilson, giving Jake Grove big money, the whole mini-drama of Jason Taylor. Trade him to Washington, take him back, then run him out of town again.

They have had their hits of Bess, Henne, Dansby, Marshall,..etc. But many more misses than hits.

If they WIN, they get more time. If they have a 7 win season or less....they are all gone.

Date: August 28, 2010 08:07AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> Not sure I buy this,but you never know. So far the
> Parcells/Treland regime hasn't shown much draft or
> FA wise.How much more time to they get?

Are you serious? Other then a few picks (Turner & White, show me any FO that hits on every pick) this regime has been stellar with the draft, free agency has been about 50/50 IMO, but I think when you start out 1-15 you have to take some chances on free agents to fill holes right away. Do you guys have short memories from previous regimes?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 08:08AM

Not sure I agree about Merling..he hasn't been great, but as a three-year man he showed some potential. He's his own worst enemy.

Rick

Date: August 28, 2010 08:37AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Not sure I agree about Merling..he hasn't been
> great, but as a three-year man he showed some
> potential. He's his own worst enemy.

He is never in shape, is lazy in practice and has his off the field issues. Safe to say this kid has his priorities elsewhere

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 28, 2010 08:41AM

So no comments about White's 4/4 performance this week and the fact that he played and not Thigpen?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 28, 2010 08:51AM

My take on this is its simply Parcells mouthing off. Pat White was NEVER going to get a shot at being the starter...That job was always the provence of Henne and Pennington. The day they picked up Thigpen was the day the Pat White experiment was over barring an injury.

I also don't buy the theory that White refused to accept a change of position...if that had happened he'd have been cut...you don't tell Parcells what you are not going to do and still have a job, unless your name is Lawence Taylor.

Date: August 28, 2010 09:06AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 09:44AM

i would really like to see pat white with the first string OL....When they aint getting beat anyways......I wanna see what he can do with some time in the pocket....he is mobile and it looks like he has some zip to his throws..

The ol overall didnt play that well yesterday against the falcons.

Another thing.........we have vontae and then there is the rest of them...sean smith is not at vontae davis level yet...lots of potential though.

But i dont blame the dbs..........we need to get some pressure on the qb which we did not do yesterday...Other than cameron wake getting to ryan once wasnt a sack though.........just a knockdown

I think if we can put pressure on the qb our dbs will do better.

Again......vontae davis is a stud.

went from pat white thread to vontae davis. LOL....Excuse me.

Go phins.

Date: August 28, 2010 10:00AM

Mia1 Wrote:

> But Bashing the man who has helped build this team
> into what it is well come on man.

so what is this team anyways....Because we did not make the playoffs last year and probably wont make it this year either.....And i hope im wrong about us not making the playoffs this year.....

We have a lot of holes....Young talented team....But we are not close to been a playoff caliber team yet....

1.Henne needs to show he is the real deal.......hasnt yet

2.marchall needs to play like the marshall of of denver. Can henne get in sync with him come regular season?

3.Ronnie needs to stay healthy an entire year for a change

4.The OL needs to dominate....everytime we play the falcons whats his name DE beats the pants off jake long

5. We need some sacks to help the dbs.....Whos is going to become the next JT or zach thomas

just some of the questions and there are many more......

and i aint bashing parcells anyways. Just saying we arent there yet.

Just take off the aqua colored glasses mia1.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 10:01AM

I couldnt agree more Phinsfan2. It is unrealistic to have expected parcells to turn around a 1-15 team without taking some risks. Some didnt pan out and they were cut almost immediately. this shows accountability and not being afraid to admit mistakes which is important to me as a fan.

Also you cant expect late round draft picks to be anything other than back ups. Draft picks cannot be evaluated until a few seasons after the draft. while things certainly look bad for White, I think that the jury is still out on Turner for at least one more season. White, Turner, and Merling are certainly disappointing up to this point but you will not find teams that dont miss on some second and third round draft picks. first round i think the picks have been great and that is pretty important considering the fat contracts those players receive.

And look at the list of good free agents that have been signed to this team since parcells took over. LOOK AT IT. That is a huge influx of talent with stars and potential stars and quality starters and quality depth. I will take the Green, Wilford, Wilson, and Smiley any day if that many quality players are also signed. The FO is not afraid to go after a player and I think that is reassuring to the fan base.

To me, Grove is not a terrible signing. He is injury prone but he is very good when healthy. He may stay healthy this season and be pro bowl caliber. If not, then he will surely be cut or traded. This FO knows when to cut its losses.

I am sour on the loss of Taylor. They butchered that situation this off season (I liked the trade to Washington two years ago). He would be nice to have as a situational pass rusher since Misi still needs to develop his pass rushing skills.

Dont forget Micah Johnson. He looked good last night. He may be a hit. Or maybe not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2010 10:07AM by dolphin1423.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: August 28, 2010 10:15AM

I'm with Parcells and the way things are going roster wise. I'm not surprised that BP didn't want White, he just doesn't have the physical make-up that has been the hall mark of Parcell's choices over the years. Knowing what I know about Bill, He was probably fed up by being questioned about Pat white all the time and finally said what he really felt to end all the pointless questions, had nothing to do with "destroying" anyone.

Don't be surprised if we have a so-so season this year. This team is still in the last parts of it's construction and needs about one more year for a legit SB run. However, we will be the dominant team in the AFC for years to come if we stay on the course we are on. Go trifecta, listen to BILL!

Date: August 28, 2010 10:25AM

toko every year they tell us one more year until we are ready to be a playoff contender.

I will settle for someone to just say we are a playoff contender at least on paper.

then there is buffalo and their 4 superbowl losses which tells me there is someone always worst than us.

I will take our perfect season and rub it on any jet fans faces...

Dont mind me folks im just a little fustrated at work with all my so called jet fan friends....And they have a pretty good team this year.
Hate to admit that.

GO PHINS.

PS. Christmas Present........Would be that HAMBONE jet coach to fall flat on his face yet again this year....

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.