HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Puzzling Moves by the Front Office
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Puzzling Moves by the Front Office
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:23PM

I was at the game Saturday and here are my thoughts:

1) No pass rush what so ever! Why the Dolphins didn't bother to sign JT, is an absolute mystery.....Cameron wake looked like a kid playin in MUD all day... He was absolutely winded...I don't think he can play every down..
I am very worried about our pass rush...
The players who did well pressure wise were:
Mica Johnson, Lionel Dotson,Q Moses and Alama Francis
The rest were invisible...

2) Brandon Marshall is a BIG worry.... He just didn't look right... Maybe he has been smoking weed... I am not liking what I see so far

3) Running game is fine. But why the heck is Ronnie Brown running late in the first half into 1/2 a foot of mud. Is that a little risky?
I blame the Dolphins coaches on that....

4) No return game... Why in gods name did the Dolphins trade Ginn for a 5th round pick....Are YOU KIDDING me!!!!!
He won 2 games last year single handedly....and we get rid of him for NOTHING!!!
That is just pure stupidity!
While I agree Ginn can't catch very well (although seems to be a little better than Marshall so far), he could run like the wind....and opposing special teams respected that!

5) Safety tackling is crap! I personally think Clemons is a "BUST"!!! Safety is a position that must produce sure tackling and play making!
Not making mistakes is not going to cut it in the NFL...
So far I like either culver or ness as safety with Bell...
Clemons is NOT the answer...He seriously "wiffed" while trying to tackle Freeman on a 18 yard scramble...
That is "unacceptable" ....!!!

6) RGM--> This kid needs to be given a chance... HE is our best hope to get a decent punt and kick return....

Those are my thoughts!

As you can see, I am NOT very happy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Puzzling Moves by the Front Office
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 16, 2010 02:26PM

man you are negative! it was just one crappy week 1 preseason game in the mud. they will turn it around. marshall is a stud, just wait

Date: August 16, 2010 02:29PM

Were you at the game? On tv it was not as bad as in person!

The team is really not performing... and I sadly believe the front office made 3 moves that will probably cost us a successful season.

Date: August 16, 2010 02:50PM

what are the 3 moves? if you are including the marshall trade you really need to compare what he's done his entire career vs the 1st preseason game in the rain, and ask yourself which is more likely the most representative sample

Date: August 16, 2010 02:53PM

1) Not resigning JT
2) Not signing or drafting high a compliment of a safety with Bell.
3) Trading away Ginn. Our Special teams and field position will hurt us very much.

The Marshall trade is a plus, if he can start catching some balls...

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:15PM

worried about the pass rush???.....you realize we don't "gameplan" for preseason games. We played a base vanilla defense the entire game.

No coach will show their blitz packages in the preseason.

Date: August 16, 2010 03:16PM

steviec13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The team is really not performing...

Jesus Chris they played 4 quarters in the rain in their first preseason game, and they aren't preforming??? ha ha ha

Date: August 16, 2010 03:18PM

ON Ginn......Sunday vs Indy on a kickoff return he ran it about 15 yards and fell to the ground to avoid getting hit.

Looks like now its totally in his head and he is totally affraid of contact. Even WORSE than before

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:19PM

I was at the game, and it was one crappy week in the mud... And I for one am glad Ginn is gone all that cash for a return guy that is only good when he wants to give effort.... I will take a guy that gives great effort every touch over Ginn.... Relax Marshall is a stud, the phins need to practice out of that dome in some bad weather on occasion...

Date: August 16, 2010 03:22PM

going back in history, I think it will be a legit comparison to see whether we'd rather have had earl thomas vs Odrick and Misi. I think the 2 guys we got will be solid, but if thomas is a pro bowler FS, then I think I'd rather have my FS problem solved for the next decade.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 16, 2010 03:36PM

Hey we got the wind, and everyone is upset with how they performed except a couple.

This game is needed. Id rather have a horrible first pre-season game which we won!! A horrible first team effort, and is a great motivational tool.

Now Brown has played alot in the mud, so he should be alot better mentaly, same with crowder!!

I love the game, it was a lack luster boring, BS performance game, which open's the eye's of our starters, which will bring in the fire!!

It let's us know where we stand, and give's tape to help the coach.

I think you will see a night/day differance against Jax this week.

Date: August 16, 2010 03:53PM

I actually agree with you mia, better to have a crap showing out of the way now and use it to fix the problems going forward

Date: August 16, 2010 03:56PM

YEAHHHHH BEREKELEY WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE BABY!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:00PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I actually agree with you mia, better to have a
> crap showing out of the way now and use it to fix
> the problems going forward

That is right on the money. Look at the first five plays from scrimmage - total domination. Then we shot ourselves in the foot. The preseason is a great learning tool.

On another note, we gotta get rid of those darn screen plays. We have a serious power football team. If we do one or two screens per game, as just change up plays, that will be enough. Our strong arm QB doesn't throw the screen well, our WRs are big tall down the field types, our power O-Line would rather knock people on their arse than pull on a screen, and our power backs would rather run between the tackles. I'd be happy if we ditched the screen altogether.

Its time for this offense to attack! Run between the tackles and pass it down field.

Date: August 16, 2010 04:01PM

on the "Glad Ginn is Gone" deal.... Let's see who steps up on the return game this year.

Who is gonna give you the respect of pooch kicks to avoid a kickoff return for a TD....

Talk all you want about Ginn....but he could FLY.....

In my opinion to keep him for 1.5 mill.....I think is quite worth it...

Let me make myself clear on one thing...Ginn was a solid disappointment as a WR....But the truth is he could fly....and speed commands solid respect.

Date: August 16, 2010 04:47PM

I'm not a fan of getting rid of Ginn, and having him on as our 5th wr, to do kick, and punt returns was necessary, but we got Carrol, and hopefully he will pan out.

I don't know I hope this doesnt bite us in the booty!! Cause I might get moody!! hehetongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 16, 2010 08:43PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> going back in history, I think it will be a legit
> comparison to see whether we'd rather have had
> earl thomas vs Odrick and Misi. I think the 2 guys
> we got will be solid, but if thomas is a pro
> bowler FS, then I think I'd rather have my FS
> problem solved for the next decade.

Gotta throw Rashed Jones into the mix. Because he "may" be our FS or SS of the future. So if we passed on Earl Thomas and got 3 decent to quality starters in Odrick/Misi/Jones.....I would take 3 quality guys like that over one lets say pro bowl saftey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.