HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ted Ginn....the last word on him
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ted Ginn....the last word on him
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 30, 2010 05:37AM

Big O just reported that in his time in Miami, Ginn was always sleeping in meetings, never stayed late for one practice or showed up early to get extra work in. And the players on the Dolphins didn't like him (as a player), not because he was a bad guy, because he was a good guy in general, but because of the things mentioned above. He was lazy and didn't work hard. And because he was such a good guy (as a person) that is why this stuff never leaked out and the media didn't report it and sat it on.

I wasn't a huge Ginn basher, but I wasn't sad to see him go, but this changes everything in my mind. And for those who wanted to keep him around now because we have Marshall and that would make him better........uh, no! lol! I hope this changes your mind too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ted Ginn....the last word on him
Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:23AM

Wow, thanks for the report. they did a good job keeping that under wraps until now. I wonder what the motive was for the leak; is he talking crap about the Phins organization lately?

I wanted him gone, not for his work ethic but because of his butterfingers.

Coming out of training camp during his last year here, wasn't there public praise for him from the FO saying how hard he worked during the offseason, and how much improved he was? I could be wrong....or....they were hyping him up as trade bait.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:36AM

It makes sense that his work ethic was an issue. He actually appeared to regress last year from the year before. WRs are supposed to get BETTER in their first few years...not WORSE!

Date: July 30, 2010 07:40AM

No, Ginn isn't talking crap. Like everyone in the know is saying he is a good person, just not a professional when it comes to his work.

Big O let it out only beacuse he was responding to a Barry Jackson column today that said he was too negative and the Fins don't want their new radio shows on their new station to be like his show. They want everything sugar coated. Big O wanted to "prove" that he like the rest of the media protected the Dolphins and Ginn for years and sat on this story and never leaked it and protected the Fins by not letting it out. But now the gloves are off. lol

BIG O had an ax to grind this morning so he let it out and blew the roof off it

Posted by: xynz ()
Date: July 30, 2010 10:29AM

Now we know why Ginn played with the consistency of an amateur: he prepared like one.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: July 30, 2010 10:43AM

Never was a Ginn fan and never will be a Ginn fan, you could see the lack of effort.....

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 30, 2010 10:59AM

I was one of the ones that wanted to see what would happen with Ginn and Marshall on the field at the same time. It's very disappointing to hear this, but probably not too surprising.

To be honest, I would still like to have seen what it was like for him to have a long bomb shot downfield every game or every other game. I know you don't keep a player for 8-16 plays a year, but if several of them converted to TDs due to top CBs playing Marshall and he had 1-2 more returns for TDs, then you're talking about points we might not have otherwise had. C'est la vie...I'm not heartbroken that he's gone at all.

It's truly a shame that he let his talent go to waste for the most part while w/Miami. Puzzles me even further when I think about Cam's draft day comments. He made it sound like the on-field talent was only part of the draft decision...I'd have liked to have thought that he meant more than "he's a nice guy".

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 11:18AM

Cam's draft day comments are the most memorable thing about the Ginn era (error). First, he says we drafted his whole family. Then, he says we are going to be excited to see him returning punts (huh, we just spent a top 10 pick on a WR and that's what you mention about him?). Later, he compares him to Desmond Howard--a huge draft bust.

Cam was a moron, and Ginn didn't even meet the limited expectations he set for him.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: July 30, 2010 06:32PM

The only thing that Ginn did at Ohio State was run as fast as he could and see if the ball ended up in his hands. I screamed when we spent a first round pick on him because he was at best the second best receiver on his college team (Anthony Gonzalez being the other)

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:19PM

I was mad, because I wanted Quinn. Makes you waunder....

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 31, 2010 04:55AM

I don't entirely buy this...I'm not saying that he didn't have bad work habits because a lot of pro athletes do. But this report sounds quite a bit like the team trying to further justify thier decision in getting rid of him by saying he was lazy. Or it's just a reporter trying to grab headlines by 'revealing a story" in a very slow time of year. It could also be an attempt to increase the hype of our current players going into training camp.

One way or the other who really cares at this point? Ginn's gone.

Date: July 31, 2010 05:00AM

this is a "slow time of year".....this is probably the most hectic and busiest time of year

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 01, 2010 03:17AM

I just didnt like, that he didnt like to get hit, or sacrifice his body for a catch. and a few critical drops. Also didnt like that the coaches didnt give him more returns on punts, and cut back his ST duties... I like Ginn, just not what we paid for him. That pretty much destroyed his chance at success here. Had he been a 5th rd pick, he could have been a great number 2 or 3, with amazing return abilities.... Had Chambers still been here for at least a year, Could have helped him alot. TO much pressure on Teddy, and he wasnt up for it, other then on ST and it seemed, with cost invested in him being a returner was not enough... Sometimes it is not all the kids fault and I think Ginn has had some bad circumstances, that stacked the cards against him in Miami... One, he never had much of OB for him to succeed, and with the how many OB's flew through Miami, no chance of establishing a chemistry. Two, he was reached for by Mueller and Cam, alienating the fans and putting unrealistic expectations on the kid. Three, we traded away CHambers, a friend of Ginn and expected mentor to him, giving him no veteran leadership at the position and placing him in the numnber 1 spot from day 1. Four, the people that believed in him, were all fired, and the new FO, saw him as a bit of a redheaded step child, while his last FO saw his as the favorite son.. The new FO and coaches removed him from much of his ST responsibilties and wanted him to be the number 1, so desperately needed in MIA. We sign Marshall thus placing Ginn, in a less pressure role, and giving him better chance to succeed and the FO trade him away... Personally I feel sorry for the kid... His chance at finally playing well, would have been with this team this year in this great situation for a number 2 or 3 and he was traded away.... Had Ginn been placed in this situation from Day one, his story could be much different... I think Ginn needs to take some blame but the way he was handled and mismanaged from the draft day until now, has alot of blame as well IMO.

Date: August 01, 2010 04:43AM

Well put Crowder, I feel 100 percent with that.

Date: August 02, 2010 04:43AM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> .... I think Ginn has had some bad circumstances,
> that stacked the cards against him in Miami...
> One, he never had much of OB for him to succeed,
> and with the how many OB's flew through Miami, no
> chance of establishing a chemistry.

I agree there were circumstances of changing regimes and all. But I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who makes millions of dollars per year. I wish it would have worked out, I rooted for him to succeed, but it didn't work out.

And, I feel extremely stupid asking this: what is "OB" in your post? I can only think of Orange Bowl, Out of Bounds, and Obstetrician? what's it stand for?

Date: August 02, 2010 06:25AM

Obstologist??

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: August 02, 2010 06:29AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----.....
>
> > .... I think Ginn has had some bad
> circumstances,
> > that stacked the cards against him in Miami...
> > One, he never had much of OB for him to
> succeed,
> > and with the how many OB's flew through Miami,
> no
> > chance of establishing a chemistry.
>
>
> I agree there were circumstances of changing
> regimes and all. But I have a hard time feeling
> sorry for someone who makes millions of dollars
> per year. I wish it would have worked out, I
> rooted for him to succeed, but it didn't work
> out.
>
> And, I feel extremely stupid asking this: what is
> "OB" in your post? I can only think of Orange
> Bowl, Out of Bounds, and Obstetrician? what's it
> stand for?

OB stands for QB. I think it was just a typo. I agree with Crowder52 also. Had Ginn been drafted later and Chambers stayed on the team, AND we didn't have BUTT HEAD Cam Cameron as our coach, and washed up Trent Green as our QB, it may have worked out different for Teddy. However, from where I'm sitting he showed a very STRONG work ethic, and was very focused on being a #1 WR. I attended many practices and saw this for myself. So, I don't know where y'all get that he was lazy. Above all, Parcells wouldn't have put up with that crap. Ginn began the 2009 season as the #1 WR....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 06:31AM by gnrbaby.

Date: August 02, 2010 06:41AM

Thanks, I *thought* it was a type for QB, until I saw it a second time!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: August 02, 2010 07:46AM

All in all he was nothing but a pu$$y IMO. He and Pat White belong in the CFL

Date: August 02, 2010 07:50AM

chatafkup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All in all he was nothing but a pu$$y IMO. He and
> Pat White belong in the CFL

LOL yeah your right about that. Yeah I'm still on the fence about White if he doesnt cut it here, then I say baseball should call him!!

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: August 02, 2010 11:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.