HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Roy Williams
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Roy Williams
Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:05AM

Im just curious about what people think, but if Roy Williams ends up getting cut as it seems may happen. If we could get him cheap enough who would and wouldn't want to sign him?

I think if he's cheap enough and we could get him to put real effort into his work, he has the talent to be a good reciever, so we should snatch him up for a try at least

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roy Williams
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 28, 2010 07:25AM

I would take that chance, assuming a cheap contract. The Dallas thing clearly didn't work the way he/they thought it would. However, even last year, he had 15.7 YPC and converted almost 20% of his catches into TD. For his career, he averages nearly 15 YPC. I'm high on Hartline, but Williams is bigger and has done it for more years.

Realistically, if Henne throws 480 times and completes 65%, then there are 312 completions to divide among the receivers. If Marshall gets 100, then we're down to 212. 50 to TEs and 80 to RBs (loosely based upon last year's stats) leaves 82 receptions for the rest of the WR corps to divide. Honestly, this has sort of sparked my curiosity since we signed Marshall - how do Bess, Hartline, Camarillo and potential additions like Williams share? My thought is that balls hopefully get thrown more often to WR with the increase in talent at the position. So, perhaps we're looking at more like 45 TE and 45 RB to shift an additional 40 completions to the WRs. Bess and/or Cam probably get 50-60 in the slot, and the #2 probably gets 50-60 with very few going to other WR.

PS - I get to 480 attempts by hoping that we don't see too many games in which Henne has to throw 45+ times like he did against TEN & HOU last year. I guess I'm more hoping that we'll see the passing game be more efficient and effective while not really throwing that much more than last year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:32AM

The question is will Williams want to play for Miami, or will he look for a team more desperate for WRs?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:07PM

he isn't getting cut. They gave up too much for him in trade to cut him. It would be Jerry Jones admitting a HUGE mistake. He won't do it.

Patrick Crayton....he is a guy that can help Miami on punt returns and as a #4 WR

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:57PM

Definitely, I don't see Roy Williams getting cut. I don't think Jerry Jones is ready for that yet LOL But hey, I would take him but I don't see that happening.
Patrick Crayton though yeah, that's more of a possibility. We could use this guy

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:23PM

agreed, Williams isn't getting cut. probably not even traded b/c they wouldn't get value for him.

I do think our main PR / KR isn't on the roster yet. Crayton could be the guy---but is he any good at it?

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 06:29AM

Obviously you guys havnt seen Sheets, and Grice Mullen run yet. LOL don't think that the KR is on the roster yet. hehe, Oh yeah Julius Pruitt is REALLY fast, and big for his size as well!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.