Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          is anyone else paying much more attention to the Heat right now?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: is anyone else paying much more attention to the Heat right now?
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 24, 2010 11:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 25, 2010 03:27AM

Date: July 25, 2010 05:32AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You show me one team, one GM, one person, one
> organization that wouldn't jump at the opportunity
> to take a Chris Bosh, a LeBron James, a Dwyane
> Wade together, and I'll show you a liar." --
> Dwyane Wade
>
> Amen

Nobody is arguing that point though. OF COURSE ANY TEAM WOULD TAKE THOSE 3 PLAYERS! Duh!! It's just how those players have acted before, during, and after the process.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 25, 2010 01:11PM

Ok Mikey what NBA team is your favorite, because I feel that your attitude would be differant if they all played for it, but then again you just admitted in another post, that the Jaguars are a better team then ours.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 25, 2010 01:13PM

Another thing, alot of spoiled rich atheltes don't have alot of class, because they don't have too.

Especially one's who are always in the spotlight, doesn't mean there bad people, just not thinking clearly, so lay off of Wade, he prob didn't take into account the severity of what he said, just like our owner saying that Henne will trump Marino.

You'll sleep better at night!

Date: July 26, 2010 01:08PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Ok Mikey what NBA team is your favorite, because I
> feel that your attitude would be differant if they
> all played for it, but then again you just
> admitted in another post, that the Jaguars are a
> better team then ours.

don't have a fav NBA team.

I said Jax has been better than us and in the playoffs more in recent years. Which part of that statement isn't true?? seriously, look at the numbers. look at the stats.

Date: July 26, 2010 01:08PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Another thing, alot of spoiled rich atheltes don't
> have alot of class, because they don't have too.
>
> Especially one's who are always in the spotlight,
> doesn't mean there bad people, just not thinking
> clearly, so lay off of Wade, he prob didn't take
> into account the severity of what he said, just
> like our owner saying that Henne will trump
> Marino.
>
> You'll sleep better at night!

comparing a marino-henne debate to the death of 3,000 americans....you cant be serious!

Posted by: Teri ()
Date: July 26, 2010 03:31PM

OMG! WADE DID NOT COMPARE THE DEATH OF 3,000 AMERICANS TO ANYTHING!
WHAT HE REALLY MEANT WAS: WHEN THE HEAT LOOSE A GAME IT IS NOT GOING TO BE A CATASTROPHIC EVENT. YES, HE DID USE THE WRONG CHOICE OF WORDS AND HE DID APOLOGIZE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 06:38PM by Teri.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 27, 2010 02:50AM

Can we just close this thread already? It's going nowhere.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 27, 2010 09:48AM

MikeO Wrote:
>
> And comparing that Lakers team to the Heat is
> dumb. The Lakers have 1 hall of fame player on the
> court Kobe. The Heat have 2 hall of famers in
> Lebron and Wade.Throw in another high priced free
> agent in Bosh and you have a super team. You
> can't compare what the Lakers have to what the
> Heat have. The Lakers drafted and traded for their
> team. They didn't go out and buy that team.
> Comparing old players on the downside of their
> career like Fisher and Artest to young studs like
> Bosh and even Miller...please! Give me a break!

RESPONSE: Might I interest you in a little wager..........

Date: July 27, 2010 01:24PM

no because i would want to root if LA if they end up playing..lol

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 27, 2010 06:16PM

LOL.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 10:13AM

Date: July 31, 2010 12:05PM

toko34 Wrote:
> The Heat are BUYING a championship just like the
> Yankees do!
>
> Hey, the Yankees are one of the most popular teams
> in all sports, and the most profitable. Good for
> the Heat smiling smiley

EXACTLY!! You are 100% correct. The HEAT did nothing wrong either they played within the rules and got these 3 guys. Kudos to them. BUT.. the Heat fans can't be all sensative about it. Just be honest about what happened. They are buying a championship. Don't be all super-sensative about fans not liking the Heat or badmouthing them now. It won't be a "feel-good" overcoming the odds story when they do win a ring. And anything less than winning a ring will be one of the biggest choke jobs of NBA history. The Heat fans have to live with that year in and year out! They are in the same boat the Yankees are in every year. Winning it all and that its a sigh of relief more than than it is about joy of winning and some feel-good story. BECAUSE YOU ARE EXPECTED TO WIN IT ALL EVERY YEAR NOW! And the Heat fans can't be all sensative about the fact Lebron will never go down in NBA history as an all time great. He took a short-cut to winning and became a guy who wanted to play 2nd fiddle. That's a fact!! God bless the Heat, go win 7 or 8 rings, but don't try and portray it for something it isn't.

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: August 01, 2010 07:21PM

Wade comparing anything that happens on a sports field to the death of 3,000+ Americans is STUPID! Wade has no class!

Comparing sports to battlefields and war is one thing. Comparing his team losing a game to a specific event that happened on a specific day in which 3,000+ innocent Americans died from a terrorist attack is another!

Wade is a jerk

And comparing that Lakers team to the Heat is dumb. The Lakers have 1 hall of fame player on the court Kobe. The Heat have 2 hall of famers in Lebron and Wade.Throw in another high priced free agent in Bosh and you have a super team. You can't compare what the Lakers have to what the Heat have. The Lakers drafted and traded for their team. They didn't go out and buy that team. Comparing old players on the downside of their career like Fisher and Artest to young studs like Bosh and even Miller...please! Give me a break! The Heat are the Yankees of the NBA. Don't run from it, embrace your new role. The Heat are BUYING a championship just like the Yankees do! Playing within the rules, but don't try and spin it as its some feel good story. It's not! The Heat are buying a ring! Don't try to spin it any other way.

Mike O,

Do you actually read what people say before you start attacking? To me what Wade said was okay. He said ' It wouldn't be like 9-11, as in, losing is nothing compared to a real LOSS, like the Loss of life, So why are reporters acting like if they lose it will be as bad?' because to him, people were acting like it would be the end of the world if something like that happened. No one over here cares about what Wade said.
When did I ever say that the Heat were not buying a championship?? OMG!, please tell me! When did I ever say that. They made a deal. They're happy about it. I'm happy about it. Never said that they weren't going all out to field a team. Would you rather them be like the bottom 1/3 of baseball teams whose entire team salaries are less than that of A-rod? Forget that. I applaud them. Also, comparing them to the Lakers weren't dumb. You may not agree with my statements, but it wasn't a dumb statement. The Lakers got Pau Gasol in a crazy ass trade because the Grizzlies wanted to dump salary. Good job for the Lakers because they got what they needed and the Grizzlies got what they needed (or so they thought), but my statement wasn't dumb.
You didn't comment at all on my Boston comment. Why? Boston did the same thing and they have dominated the East ever since. They one the NBA title the first year beating Kobe's lakers (minus their star perimeter defender Ron Artest b/c he wasn't on the team at that time). They were injured the year before last, so they didn't get anywhere. Then they dominated the east again this year and took the Lakers to 7 games. The only diff. between what the Celtics did and what the Heat did is that the Celtics players were older. No one is mad about them. The reason the Cleveland owner and fans are so mad and Timberwolves and Seattle Owners and Fans aren't is because everyone knows that Lebron is a cash cow (the owner) and he was the only chance at success that organization had (fans).
Lebron owed them nothing. My comparisons were not dumb. And you telling me that I'm trying to spin something as a 'Feel good story' is crazy! I never said anything of the kind. What was feel good? I only stated my opinions and how I felt they were stats. Feel good?.. What the F&^% was feel good about it. You are so off.

Date: August 02, 2010 12:04AM

if what Wade said was OK why did he go in front of the cameras and appologize?

please

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: August 02, 2010 01:14AM

Because folks took it the wrong way. Stars, politicians, entertainers, anyone in the limelight has to say the statment "... If my statement was misunderstood or taken in a way that I did not mean for it to be interpreted, then I apologize..." Anyone that depends upon media attention for money says blanket statements like that.

Even regular non-famous people like you and I give the "I didn't mean it like that, but if you took it like that, I'm sorry" speech from time to time in our lives.

Well,... actually I should speak for you. IMO, and I could be wrong, but I don't you as a guy that is ever sorry for anything that you say/do.

GO HEAT!

my prediction is 3 titles in five years...

year 1 - Conference Champs
year 2 - NBA Finals Champs
year 3 - NBA Finals Champs
year 4 - Conference Champs
Year 5 - NBA Finals - champs

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 02, 2010 02:57AM

MikeO Wrote:
> if what Wade said was OK why did he go in front of
> the cameras and appologize?
>
> please

What? You don't understand this? Plenty of people in the limelight say things they think are fine but are forced to apologize because those comments are interpreted wrong and the media runs with it. It's not different for Wade.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.