HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT will go in HONOR ROLL
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
JT will go in HONOR ROLL
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 11, 2010 04:32AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JT will go in HONOR ROLL
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 11, 2010 06:28AM

LOL GO ZACH!! A man with class, unlike Tayler the a..

I mean I can understand if they offered him BIG BUCKS, but the contract is pitiful, and yet there he went AGAIN, this time on his own accord, to the team he came out and said he hated.

Ring of Honor, I just isnt it for the fans? I'm pretty sure most of us fans, would vote no?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 11, 2010 09:13AM

I vote a big hell yes!

I will still be watching JT as I'm sure it will still be entertaining.

I will still be cheering for him as long as it doesn't effect the Dolphins wins.

I'm not gonna suddenly hate the guy that was here for 12 years and stick my nose up Parcels butt when he has only been here for 2 1/2 years and will be walking soon anyway.

JT on the honor role is a no brainer. Vote no all you want...it does not matter...he will be there along side Zach Thomas. Anything less would be a travisty.

I would like to see him reach the HOF and also jump into the top 5 all time sack leaders. 14 1/2 sacks will put him in 5th ahead of Michael Strahan who is just ahead of...Richard Dent, Lawrence Taylor, Leslie O'Neil and Ricky Jackson.

It's a business. You can't expect the players to ignore that fact while the owners dwell on it.

Believe whatever gets you thru the night but if you don't think he would have rather ended his career in Miami and not have to be away from his family or move them to the north pole...you are crazy.

The Dolphins did not want him and he went to a team that recruited him and treated him like the superstar he is. He knows it was his best chance to make an impact and not get caught up with a stupid team like Washington that had no clue how to use him. He knows he will have the best opportunity to be the impact player he has always been and be able to collect the most sacks and make a final push for the HOF.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 11, 2010 12:29PM

Again he had nothing left to prove he is 36, had a great career, and is risking a injury playing with the enemy.

Could have saved face with alot of fans, and just retire, go out on top.

Now like so many before he will end his career not doing much, with another team, then ask to be signed for a day like Thomas.

Dan Marino went out on top, yeah he could have stayed, played for another team, but he went out like a man.

Marino was, and is a man, unlike your Tayler.

Yeah he is a great family guy, and does alot for the community, so Ill give him respect that way, but career wise BAH.

Football player wise, was great watching him play for us, and thanks for the years, but since you signed with the enemy, kick rocks! Don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more, hit the road jack, an don't ya come back no more.... Sing it again!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2010 12:32PM by Mia1.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 11, 2010 01:02PM

Of course, but it is just a question of when. I'd expect that there will be a bit of a wait, considering the fact he went to play for the Jets. That tarnished his rep with a lot of fans.

Date: July 11, 2010 01:29PM

Marino went out on top? He had one of the worst years of his career throwing for only 2,448 yards, 12 TD's and 17 int's.

His last game was a 62-7 loss after throwing 2 int's and a 34.6 QB rating.

He wanted to go to Minnesota but his body said otherwise. His legs were gone and he had no choice but to retire. He admitted as much publically...and he was two years older than Jason Taylor who has been relatively healthy his entire career and had no major surgeries like Marino.

Don't think for a minute that Marino wouldn't have played another season or two if he was able. It's called competitive fire. That's what separates players like Marino and Taylor from players like Vernon Gholston and Demarcus Russell.

Jason Taylor was the 8th ranked OLB in the entire league last year all while playing out of position. He does not have the worries about health that some players do.

Sure you can be a punk and play it safe....go out on top and not have the guts to fight til you can't fight anymore. I respect the guys that don't want to quit because they love the game...Zach, JT, Marino...

Just my opinion and I understand those that are ticked that he went to the enemy but it is no reason to wish major injury on them.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 11, 2010 01:44PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marino went out on top? He had one of the worst
> years of his career throwing for only 2,448 yards,
> 12 TD's and 17 int's.
>
> His last game was a 62-7 loss after throwing 2
> int's and a 34.6 QB rating.
>

yep! Marino went out the way Willy Mays did. Mays stumbling around in centerfield dropping fly balls. Marino going out 62-7 and throwing INT returnd for TD after INT returned for TD his final year was the same in a football sense

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:50PM

eesti,
If you root for JT, you are rooting for the JETS.. ANd since the JETS are in our division, the JETS wins affect the Dolphins..... Even Zach said so,......" I'm not cheering for him versus the Dolphins or any team.".....so I am not sure what you are saying... I hope JT does not make the honor roll. Just because Nat Moore, one of five says so, doesnt make it a lock by any means IMO...

Date: July 11, 2010 07:51PM

MikeO Wrote:
> yep! Marino went out the way Willy Mays did. Mays
> stumbling around in centerfield dropping fly
> balls.

And I wonder why we never hear about this??? Oh yea.... because Willy Mays was a baseball god, and the rest of the sporting world has enough class not to mention the one bad year he had after so many great years.

Date: July 11, 2010 11:29PM

Yeah We all watched Marinos last game, but he retired, he made the concious effort to say enough, was enough.

Taylor had 7 sacks last year, with a injured shoulder. This year I will go on and say he won't get more than 5 sacks.

Then what? A positional player, prob will recieve 14 to 25 snaps a game, averaging a sack every other game. lol

I hope it was worth it JT, I hope that chump change you accepted, was worth a unintential slap in the face to us fans.

Come on Essti, your a cool guy, and post some solid info, but no way will I root for him.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 06:48AM

Ring of Honor Heck yeah.

Boo him like hell when he arrives in S Fl in green & white heck yeah.

Taylor's a hell of a player and I wish him well he is also a man who does what he has to do. Stop the lil he slapped us in the face beotching. I am not rooting for him but I will remember what he did for this team.

Date: July 12, 2010 07:01AM

We all understand it, but I feel he just jumped the gun, and expects us as fans to be ok with it. I'm a die hard fan, I also believe that when you play for a team for more than a decade, you DO NOT play with the arch rivals. PERIOD

Thats how I feel, he slapped me in the face, by making a decision to go to the Jets, who's fan's he dissrespected, for what 2 million? You actualy think that team is going to the superbowl? Why? Why join them, your at the tail end of your career. Just retire, or waited, and taken a low contract that the phins would have offered. I still think the Phins would have offered him a deal, and he didn't want to wait so, he can accept my middle finger, and kick rocks. His brother in law said the right thing, and I know they will allow him to be in the ring, I just think its classless to do it. ESPECIALY if he plays for 2 years or so and wins a superbowl with the Jets, then lets see your tune, especialy if he sacks, and injuries Henne, or any player for that matter on our team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 07:37AM

Taylor did more for the phins than Zach so he did not need Zachs blessing. Years ago Zonk, Kiick and Warfield left the Phins for MONEY, cost us at least 1 or as many 3 Super Bowls. It happens, these players are me first and have to do what is best for them an their families. We fans as men first and fans second should kinda understand this.

If he wins a ring w/ the Jets so be it, he will not be the first ex phin to do it (see the Zonk, Kiick, Warfield thing).

Date: July 12, 2010 08:33AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
>
> If he wins a ring w/ the Jets so be it, he will
> not be the first ex phin to do it (see the Zonk,
> Kiick, Warfield thing).

Last I checked, those three did not win a ring with the Jets. They may have left to play with a different team, but that was a money thing. On thing they didn't do was the Jets win a championship. That would have been a completely different situation.

Date: July 12, 2010 08:51AM

Thank you Mikey2 lol..

I dont mind if he went to another city, because he was 33 not producing like he should, or just realy unhappy, then ok not as bad, but 36 clearly a shell of his former self, to the JETS for a mear 2 mill or not even, im not sure how much, upstaging his family from there home in MIAMI!! to NYC.

Come on retire, or take a low offer from your team, for one more shot.

Date: July 12, 2010 09:14AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Thank you Mikey2 lol..
>

I think you mean Mikey One.

Go Phins smileys with beer

Date: July 12, 2010 09:24AM

Date: July 12, 2010 09:27AM

Look Im mad, and will eventualy let it go. Both at the Tri, and for Taylor for not disscussing options.

Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 10:39AM

Screw Taylor and his new colors. You gotta have short term memory in this game. I'm sick of Taylor playing the victim, this is a business. He made a business decision and so did we. I'm a Dolphin fan, there is no way I would ever cheer for a JETS player in my lifetime. I don't care who he is.

He wanted to leave three seasons ago and he did, he chose to leave again and he did. BYE BYE!!

HELLO 2010 SEASON!!!!!!! I piss on Taylor and his fatass coach!!!!!
GO FINS BABY!!!!

Date: July 12, 2010 10:50AM

AMEN wanny!! Screw him.

Date: July 12, 2010 12:13PM

Date: July 12, 2010 12:29PM

We're talking about Taylor here, don't get slick!

Did you buy your JT #95 Jets jersey already buddy??

Date: July 12, 2010 12:37PM

eesti Wrote:
> He clearly doesn't need the money.

Then why is he playing for the Jets?

> It was a mistake to let him walk and we will pay
> for it one way or another. 10 Td's in 13 years is
> not a fluke...he will have more this year.
>

While I agree JT is a good player that will contribute to our Mortal Enemy, I don't think he'll be matching the stats of 5 years ago. And I don't think we "let him walk". A contract was offered, and JT didn't accept it. It is that simple.

JT may have thought the contract we offered was not for what he was worth, but our FO knows JT very well, wants good players, and makes great business decisions. I don't think the contract was offered out of malice or some emotional reason - it was purely a logic business choice by our front office based on what they know about JT and what value he would bring to the team. I trust the Trifecta, they have made very good moves up to this point.

> Does anyone really believe all the bs that is
> reporting about JT not wanting to be here?

JT is not here by his own choice. Regardless of weather or not he wanted to be here, for whatever reason (Money, PT, Rex Ryan, Jet Fans, whatever) he wanted to be with the Jets more this season. This is hard for some Dolphin fans to accept.

We must face facts - JT, on his own volition, is playing for the NY Jets. I think many of the fans that realize this have turned on the guy, but in 5-10 years it will likely be forgotten and he will be in the RoH. And then there are the Dolphins fans that are in complete denial of the situation, hoping that JT actually has a good year for our most hated division rivals. Those fans need to get their heads out of the sand and start supporting their Miami Dolphins.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: July 12, 2010 12:55PM

Isn't it time to put this JT thing behind us?

When we beat the Jets, hope it's like a drum, JT will be on the wrong sideline saying, "I Wish...."eye rolling smiley

Date: July 12, 2010 01:10PM

We are about two weeks away from the start of Training Camp, about to see THE BEAST! take the field in aqua and orange. Ricky and Ronny, a new defensive coordinator with new young blood on defense.
No more disappointing Ted Ginn drops, no more Girbil W being used as a backpack, we have so many things to look forward too and we're talking about Taylor as a JET???

A real Dolphins Fan doesn't give a flying crap about Taylor at this moment!!! Yeah I just might cheer for Taylor, maybe when he pulls a hamstring I'll cheer for him! He's the enemy, he's wearing those disgusting colors, Fireman Ed will be cheering for him!! I can't stand him and his stupid firehat.

I personally don't hate JT, but I do hate the JETS and everything and everyone that has to do with those pigs. JT is a jet so stick an apple in that pigs mouth and roast his ass!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:41PM

Date: July 12, 2010 03:22PM

Date: July 12, 2010 04:35PM

eesti Wrote:
>
> It was said that a contract was offered last
> November and he never took the offer. Probably a
> low ball offer.

I think "low ball offer" as you call it is both speculative and subjective. JT certainly thinks he's worth more than the FO offered. But I trust the FO on this one. Aging players always consider themselves over-valued.

The vet minimum for JT would have been $860K. He signed with the Jets for a guaranteed 2.5M over two years. Assuming we made the vet minimum offer - he took a $390K per year to play for the Jets. Considering that he has now to pay state income tax, it is not a lot of money for what amounts to selling your soul in the eyes of many Dolphins fans.

> He wanted to negotiate but the FO
> withdrew the offer and then played games like he
> was some street free agent. They showed no respect
> for JT or the Miami Dolphin fans.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "It's not personal, it's business"?

Seriously, its a negotiation. If JT and his agent don't have the patience or mettle for negotiating with the Dolphins, then its them who are dissing us.

> Because he got NO respect from the FO...just like
> everyone else that deals with them from the
> safeties that came to town to the rookies that
> they interviewed.

I think your concept of respect is over rated in this case. These are tough business negotiations. The front office understands that in the world of the salar cap, getting top value for a player is how you win championships.

The FO signs rookies early and spends money wisely. It makes solid FA acquisitions. I'm certainly not going to beat them up for being tough negotiators or interviewers. With the money NFL players make, I hardly feel sorry if they get asked a tough question.

> It's not denial. It's supporting a guy that was
> the main reason I could even bare to watch the
> Phins some years.

I'd feel the same way if he signed with any other team.

> JT can have success but it is
> not going to matter to the success of the
> Dolphins.

Disagree completely. We are in a tough competition in a tough division. Anything that makes the Jets better makes our road more difficult. Do I think we can overcome it? Sure. But why help the enemy?

> He will always be a Dolphin to me and I hate the
> Jets as well.

Face it, JT is a Jet now.

> He is making a push for the HOF and
> will go in as a Dolphin someday and all the haters
> will be back on the bandwagon.

It will take a while after he retires before he gets the love that Zach get today.

The fact is, if JT breaks major records in a Jets uni we will have to hear it from Jets fans. They won't shut up about it. That thought alone makes me sick. I hope JT sucks for the Jets, because I don't want jets fans to be bandwagoning on one of my favorite Dolphins players from the '00s.

> Players change teams...It's called free agency.
> Don't hate the player hate the game.

Gimme a break. I wouldn't hate him if he went to any other team. Even the Patriots.

JT is a Jet now. That is the worst possible thing a pro football player can be. He joined the Dark Side and Rex Ryan is his father. End of story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 05:21PM by DolfanMike.

Date: July 12, 2010 06:16PM

eesti Wrote:
> > Anyone that wishes injury or cheers for any player
> to get hurt doesn't know the first thing about
> sportsmanship and probably isn't a true FOOTBALL
> fan to begin with. They just want the team to win
> that they chose to align themselves with so they
> can shoot their mouth off to other fans and
> pretend that they know something that nobody else
> does.

Ok we all have opinions, and are free to share them, and discuss in a civilized manner.

I'm not even going to downplay that last remark you just went.

That is a personal attack at a man, and his values.

Deffinatly a cheap shot, and since I wrote that I would hope he didnt play with the Jets, and he would hurt himslef to save face, is harsh, but I don't wish any real harm, on a person.

I know about sportsmanship, I know the game of football, and I don't shoot my mouth off to other peoples teams, unless its in defense, even then I keep things civil.

Just like now, I'm keeping things civil Essti, by letting you know I feel your last comment is extremely low, and disgraceful.

Again If you got a problem, with somthing I say, or do, you can just Pm me, and I will gladly disscuss in detail with you about the situation at hand, and come to a agreement.

I don't appreciate that comment, and that topples pretty much anything Mikeo has said.

If you would have re-worded how you felt about that, in a more mature manner that would be with me, but you didn't you went out of anger, and frustration, and attacked another poster, yes no name's where mentioned, but you mentioned post that I made general.

I hope you can appologize for that rude comment, and again I just speak a opinion, and state it, and I always appologize if I affend's someone, because that's not my intention.

Im here because I enjoy reading other fans post, and you have for the most part solid info, and good taste, so again I hope you can reword that, and we can move on to greener pastures and enjoy this site, made by Chris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 06:23PM by Mia1.

Date: July 13, 2010 01:17AM

eesti Wrote:

>
> Anyone that wishes injury or cheers for any player
> to get hurt doesn't know the first thing about
> sportsmanship and probably isn't a true FOOTBALL
> fan to begin with. They just want the team to win
> that they chose to align themselves with so they
> can shoot their mouth off to other fans and
> pretend that they know something that nobody else
> does.

100% agree. It's just a silly game.....to root for an injury on a human being because of the uniform color he wears shows a lack of class. Plus as a fan don't you want your team to beat the best your opponent has to offer so your opponent has no excuses?!! Philly fans are considered a joke as they applauded while Michael Irvin laid on the ground motionless, its just a lack of class. And any Dolphins fan who roots for JT to get injured simply because he went to the Jets isn't a real Dolphins fan.

Sure I wish he didn't go there. Sure I wish he ended his career in Miami. But my god, I'm not gonna root for the guy to get injured over it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 01:18AM by MikeO.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.