HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sean Smith running his mouth
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sean Smith running his mouth
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 01, 2010 02:24AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sean Smith running his mouth
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 01, 2010 03:02AM

I agree this is not the press coverage you want. But I do believe the NY Daily is a bit hypocritical, All of NY talks about Revis Island,and how no one can visit it. Yet Tedd Ginn made Revis look foolish and so did VIncent Jackson mulitple times. But I guess just like Sean Smith most Ny fans. reporters, coaches and Revis, all have pretty selective memory as well, and should hardly be picking on Sean Smith for his lack of memory skills.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: June 01, 2010 03:02AM

Eh, when it comes to the Jests, this stuff gets a pass from me. My hate for them extends to me not caring what people say about them in the slightest, true or not. Especially considering how they conduct themselves.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 01, 2010 05:54AM

Whatever, Sean gets to back his talk up against the Jets twice this year. I really don't have a problem with his comments.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:05AM

I like the bravado Edwards is really inconsistent, and I look for him to become butter fingers again. Smith will become a very good corner.

Date: June 01, 2010 07:40AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever, Sean gets to back his talk up against
> the Jets twice this year. I really don't have a
> problem with his comments.

But he didn't back it up last year. Sean was abused by Edwards in 2 games. So to talk smack about the guy after you were burnt by him all last year makes you look like a damn fool.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 01, 2010 10:58AM

wtf - for those fans who think these guys 'run their mouths so much' why don't you take a drive to training camp and step up man to man to there faces and tell'em. Stop the pu**y footing postings and man up and tell'em face to face.

go tell Sean & Randy

Date: June 01, 2010 12:02PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> wtf - for those fans who think these guys 'run
> their mouths so much' why don't you take a drive
> to training camp and step up man to man to there
> faces and tell'em. Stop the pu**y footing postings
> and man up and tell'em face to face.
>
>
> go tell Sean & Randy

Every fan has a right to there opinion. I disagreed with what the OP said, but I agree with his right to say what he did without being subject to a 'man up' clause. This is a board for discussing the phins, not just defending them.

Date: June 01, 2010 12:25PM

Silly....some people are silly. "Man up"....give me a break.

Look, when Rex Ryan runs his mouth. When Bart Scot runs his mouth. When Calvin Pace runs his mouth, some here run and jump on them and say they need to shut up and they are talking stupid. (and they are)

Well, it works both ways!! In this instance Sean Smith is talking stupid. He looked like a fool covering Edwards this past year and now Smith is making a bigger fool out of himself by talking like this. Edwards caught 9 balls for 138 yards (15 yard avg) and scored 2 TD's!!! And Smith is saying he won both battles?? ON WHAT PLANET!!!!! Smith comes off looking like a jacka$$ saying this nonsense! Just shut up Sean and stop Edwards then do your talking.

Date: June 01, 2010 05:59PM

Eh, I actually think I understand whats going on here. It's not just talk. It's done in an effort to get into Edwards head. Get him thinking about anything but the football coming too him. In essence, its a psych out. I know Smith didn't shut him down last year. Sean does too, he's not a fool. All of this banter is either to stir up feelings to distract someone from the game itself, or just plain trash talk for trash talks sake. I think it's more likely to be the former.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:16PM

Posted by: Teri ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:22PM

I hate it when a player belittle someone, especially when he has to face him twice a year. If he thinks he is better, then prove it on the field. Actions are always more effective then a big mouth!

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 01, 2010 07:32PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 02, 2010 10:06AM

Any thing goes with the Jets ... but wtf would you make a comment about that when you got toasted last year.

Has a credibility gap ... show it when you play if you're gonna run the mouth

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 02, 2010 10:32AM

Just my opinion but, I think Sean is a little immature to be in the press giving interviews, you cant have the same cockyness on the field or with players as you do with the press especially in an interview about another player serious, but like I said he is just young and not so savy with the press...... and what is the old saying the best trait of a CB is a short memory, I guess its not a bad thing in that perspective, but up on the corkboard in NY not such a great idea,

Date: June 03, 2010 03:35PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Just my opinion but, I think Sean is a little
> immature to be in the press giving interviews, you
> cant have the same cockyness on the field or with
> players as you do with the press especially in an
> interview about another player serious, but like I
> said he is just young and not so savy with the
> press...... and what is the old saying the best
> trait of a CB is a short memory, I guess its not a
> bad thing in that perspective, but up on the
> corkboard in NY not such a great idea,

That's exactly what it is. Immature. Or maybe he knows deep down inside he was abused by Edwards and he is trying to pump himself up by doing this yapping. Who knows. But if he backs it up this year on the field its a non-issue. If he doesnt......he will have to answer for these comments all year long.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.