HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jimmy Johnson is to blame
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jimmy Johnson is to blame
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:13PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jimmy Johnson is to blame
Posted by: opus ()
Date: May 15, 2010 06:33PM

McDuffie was a big boy, and could have said he wanted a second opinion or he could have gone through the union if he felt he was being threatened. Then he had his agent... who is supposed to be looking out for him. All in all, I think for the most part OJ is to blame, followed by the doc, and then in last place, Jimmy, though I am not his biggest fan either.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 15, 2010 06:49PM

It's not Jimmy Johnson's fault.

He did what EVERY head coach did and still does.

Date: May 16, 2010 04:38AM

Oh really Mike O would you want Sparano to force Brandon Marshall to play knowing his could be jeprodizing his career because we have a chance to make the playoffs. Allow me to answer for you NO. Johnson was a coach who did not care about his players. His ego was bigger than the Dolphins org. as a whole. He is squarely to blame for this fiasco.

Date: May 16, 2010 04:49AM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: May 16, 2010 06:49AM

JJ is also a hired agent for the drug "Xtenz" or something like that. Maybe you could get a piece of that paycheck too...

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: May 16, 2010 05:37PM

kinda late but, you have to think all 3 had their part. I however let the bottom line fall on the doctor. that is his job! Deciding when people should play ...

JJ pushed too hard be cause he is all about JJ. But every coach pushes players to get out there.

The doctor takes the prize

OJ should have objected but my guess is he spoke up but had no ground to stand on if the doctor didn't back him

Date: May 16, 2010 06:11PM

OJ has a union protecting him. He was the only one who had control over the situation.

OJ screwed OJ

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 21, 2010 06:09PM

Simple. This is a matter of professional integrity.

The coach (JJ) was putting pressure on a player to play. That is what all coaches do, and to expect otherwise is fool hardy. While some of us may not like it, Jimmy was maintaining his professional integrity - doing what we would expect of a coach.

The doctor, on the other hand, was lying to a patient. Now he may have felt pressured by JJ, but he's probably more interested in being a team doctor for the Dolphins and making all the money and being famous and shit rather than taking a real interest in his patient.

The doctor has no professional integrity. The fact that he want to push it off on a coach who was just doing what coaches do.

Date: May 22, 2010 04:55PM

Yes I hear your point , but you have to beleive the Dr. told Johnson the consequences of McDuffie playing with the bad toe. Did you not watch On any given sunday shit like that does happen all of the time. Ther coach knows every damn thing that is going on, and has the final say in every decision to say he dosen't is stupid.

Date: May 22, 2010 05:48PM

now we are using the movie "any given sunday" as a reference source?

Please.

If OJ didn't want to go on the field he wouldn't have. Period. His body. His career. His decision

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 23, 2010 03:10AM

I agree, OJ could have kept himself off the field. If team doctors and coach told him the whole time, he was fine and had no problem, that would be deceitful and wrong and they would hold some blame. However if a guy is hurt, he knows it, and OJ knew it. Turf toe is an odd injury, just becasue you shoot it up and cant feel it, only makes it worse.

Date: May 23, 2010 12:54PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 23, 2010 03:18PM

The interesting thing is Oronde Gadsden played with turf toe his entire first season with Miami. Luckily for us, he recovered in the off season and came back even stronger. Could that have affected his decision at all?

Date: May 23, 2010 03:34PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree, OJ could have kept himself off the field.
> If team doctors and coach told him the whole time,
> he was fine and had no problem, that would be
> deceitful and wrong and they would hold some
> blame. However if a guy is hurt, he knows it, and
> OJ knew it. Turf toe is an odd injury, just
> becasue you shoot it up and cant feel it, only
> makes it worse.

OJ needed to be the master of his domain!

Date: May 23, 2010 08:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.