Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JaMarcus Russell (and does Tom Brady suck?)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
JaMarcus Russell (and does Tom Brady suck?)
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: May 07, 2010 11:10AM

If his career ended today, which I think is a safe bet he won't see any considerable play again, would have made in the past 3 years an average of 95k dollars per passing yard. I think that it isn't a bold statement to say that Al Davis has the distinguished honor of picking the worst selection ever at the overall #1 position in the modern draft era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 10:06AM by Odenn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JaMarcus Russell
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 07, 2010 12:01PM

oh thank the lord--I thought this was going to be a post asking should we sign him---HELL NO~!

Jamrcus sucked but does anyone remember Aundray Bruce? didn't think so...

Date: May 07, 2010 12:20PM

Signing Jamarcus never even crossed my mind. It would be one of those things that if it happened we'd have a 21 page debate on the IQ of our FO.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2010 12:39PM

Now, now, now, now. We DO run the WILDCAT! In my mind, that is the only thing Jamarcus would be good for.

We don't need him and that's a fact so please no posts saying that Chy wants Jamarcus ....................

but look at it this way.

If you could go back in time and WERE FORCED TO DRAFT ONLY EITHER PAT WHITE OR JAMARCUS RUSSELL to run the Wildcat, who would you pick???

(neither is not an option).

Posted by: opus ()
Date: May 07, 2010 01:41PM

If you could go back in time and WERE FORCED TO DRAFT ONLY EITHER PAT WHITE OR JAMARCUS RUSSELL to run the Wildcat, who would you pick???

I would take JaMarcus on a Bill Parcells, Sparano team where he would not have been allowed to get away with the crap he pulled in Oakland.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 07, 2010 01:50PM

Date: May 07, 2010 01:56PM

The point was there was a comment made about it being unthinkable that he would come to our team and at the same time about him being the worst no.1 pick of all time.

My point was that Jamarcus was a better fit to run the Wild Cat than Pat White. In fact, had he come here instead of Oakland, both his and our pasts would have been better.

I would not pick Jamarcus as a throwing quarterback over EVEN THE WORST QB the Dolphins have ever had on our roster. Let's make that clear. He is not a passer.

But he is enough of a running threat mixed in with a little bit of a passer to have made him, with Ricky and Ronnie, a real threat on the wildcat.

When Ronnie went down last year, he would have been considerably better than using Pat White.

Finally, the point was "Who are we to get uppity about them drafting Jamarcus Russell when we drafted Pat White?"

Date: May 07, 2010 02:00PM

We didn't pay Pat White 39 million dollars.

Date: May 07, 2010 02:04PM

Not talking about money. Just talking about football ability. Pat White is really not even an NFL player. Every time he gets hit, I pray for his health.

Date: May 07, 2010 02:50PM

Date: May 07, 2010 03:30PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is GROUNDLESS speculation.
RESPONSE: That is a truism. Whenever you say, for example, that Hubert Humphrey would have made a better President than Richard Nixon, of course it is speculation. As far as it being "groundless," you could point to Nixon getting impeached as a basis and here, you can point to Pat White NEVER doing any good when he ran the Wildcat as a basis for speculating that Russell would have been better.

>Russell was
> NEVER the hardest worker on the team in terms of
> fitness or film study. He has relied on natural
> ability his whole life.

RESPONSE: WHOA! When did I ever say Jamarcus was a hard worker?
Slow down.

>
> His track record indicates that would have been an
> abject failure here, or wherever he went.

RESPONSE: Really, and he managed to go to LSU from high school with a pitiful high school record and to be drafted in the NFL from LSU with a pitiful record at LSU. Or if you are talking about Oakland, then that's just one team, isn't it?

>
> As for him running the wildcat, he's too big and
> not nearly the runner you think he is.
> He's 300+ lbs. He's not a running threat unless
> all the defensive players have their backs to
> him.
> Pure speculation based on no evidence that a 300lb
> QB could be an effective runner in that
> formation.

RESPONSE: Better to be small like Pat White?

Tim Tebow
> would have been a far better WC option than white
> or russell.

RESPONSE: Well, we could bring in all other people that would be better than them both but we're talking about Russell and White.

>
> There's a reason no other team runs the wildcat as
> much as we did. It takes a special type of
> player to make it work. Clearly, Russell (and
> White) aren't special.

RESPONSE: But my point being, that when Ronnie went down, it would have been better to run it with Russell than White.

> He'd get clobbered running the wildcat and then
> he'd quit because he got his butt kicked.
>
RESPONSE: And your comment that he would quit is based on? Pure speculation like you point out above.

>
> We spent a 2nd round pick and about 4 million on a
> project QB.
>
> They wasted the 1st overall pick and 40 million
> bucks on a QB with no desire or leadership
> skills.

RESPONSE: Like I said above, not talking about money. Just talking about us being in a position to criticize.

Geez, You're acting like I'm saying go out and sign him.
> One is like rolling the dice on a flashy new car
> that doesn't live up to expectations.
>
> The other is the equivalent of investing the
> family fortune in GM 3 years ago.
>
>
> You tell me which is worse?

RESPONSE: You are really overstating your case. Oakland should never have drafted him. That fool Al Davis thought he was the second coming of Darryl Lamonica with a little Terry Bradshaw mixed in.

I'm just saying that he is a better fit for the Wildcat and we are in no position to talk about bad QB picks.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: May 07, 2010 04:21PM

"Jamarcus Russell Chunky Soup" strikes again...

He is by far the biggest bust in NFL history. The draft that year was so funny. He was the consensus #1 that year to most people besides bringing nothing to the table but a big arm and measurables comparable to a giant linebacker. Boy did he benefit from a weak class at the QB position that year. I thought he sucked at LSU and would continue to suck in the NFL, being that he was a slow, inaccurate QB who couldn't read defenses. It was like this big secret that everyone was keeping that this guy was a #1 pick despite looking like garbage and having bust written all over him. I thought I was going crazy like 'what am I missing, everyone agrees this guy will go #1' I guess it was some "The Emperor's New Clothes" kind of thing going on.

I know it was only a few years ago that he was drafted #1 overall, but with all the critiques and scrutiny that QB's seem to get from their college tape to their combine performances and pro-days and all the analyses coming in to the draft, can you imagine that happening ever again? I can't see a Jamarcus Russell getting past the analysts and critiques and getting through the process that easily these days to emerge as the #1 pick (even if Al Davis held that pick).

Russell's career should be over. I can't imagine another team offering him a contract. Second chances for guys who made mistakes are one thing, but "unmotivated" is a death knell for a player. If the guy doesn't care, refuses to work, balloons up in weight, doesn't have a passion for football, and hasn't really even shown glimpses of franchise level talent, why would anyone want him. I don't think he'd even be a good backup.

If he does get a call it will be for the league minimum. And to think, this arrogant SOB HELD OUT for more money after the draft to the point that he sat out games!! What a disgrace to the game. To sit out games because you want more money than anyone has ever gotten before despite having proven nothing in this league, not being terribly talented to begin with, and all the while having no intention of trying your best and working hard to win football games.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 07, 2010 04:52PM

Jarmarcus to the the Jets. He would be a perfect fit for them and the clowns they have assembled

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 08, 2010 01:36AM

I'd sign him........as a back up gaurd

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 08, 2010 03:24AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: May 08, 2010 08:22AM

I would sign as a guard for the buffet line which his fat lazy ass rarely misses lol. The Raiders will stay sorry for many years to come they cut Jamarcus, but before that they trade for the 2nd worse Starting QB in the leauge Campbell. He might suck worse than Russell if that is even possible.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 08, 2010 08:45AM

can you believe accd to odds posted on bodog.com we are the 4th most likely team to sign him! I though the guys who made those odds usually had a clue

Cardinals 3/1, Bills 7/2, Jaguars 4/1, Miami 6/1, Bengals 7/1, 49ers 15/2, Titans 8/1, CFL 10/1.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: May 08, 2010 09:00AM

Date: May 08, 2010 09:28AM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 08, 2010 09:31AM

Date: May 08, 2010 09:40AM

Date: May 08, 2010 09:49AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 08, 2010 10:11AM

Brady is an all-time QB who won his super bowls with little to no help on offense. Name 1 hall of fame offensive player he won his Super Bowls with?! You can't!

And then when he got Moss he only broke EVERY NFL passing record for a single season and went 18-1! Sure lost the big one, but 18-1 and owning every single season QB record speaks for itself.

We can all hate the Patriots but you can't deny Brady's greatness. You gotta be somewhat objective!

Date: May 08, 2010 10:37AM

Date: May 08, 2010 11:22AM

Date: May 08, 2010 12:17PM

Date: May 08, 2010 02:07PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 08, 2010 02:24PM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Brady is a system QB, and that is all. They were
> able to replace him with a guy who hasn't played
> since High School and get similar results.

While I DO hate Brady, I have to disagree here. If you say Brady is a system QB, you have to say the same about Joe Montana and Troy Aikman. Both played in pretty restrictive and specific "systems" and won multiple Superbowls. Those guys also had HoF WRs to throw to, and Aikman had a HoF RB too. If Brady is a "system" QB only, then you must think the same about Montana and Aikman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 02:26PM by montequi.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 08, 2010 02:29PM

MikeO Wrote:
> Brady is an all-time QB who won his super bowls
> with little to no help on offense. Name 1 hall of
> fame offensive player he won his Super Bowls
> with?! You can't!
>
> And then when he got Moss he only broke EVERY NFL
> passing record for a single season and went 18-1!
> Sure lost the big one, but 18-1 and owning every
> single season QB record speaks for itself.
>
> We can all hate the Patriots but you can't deny
> Brady's greatness. You gotta be somewhat
> objective!

Of course, it's not all on Brady. Bellicheck had something to do with it as well. In fact, when the Pats won their Superbowls, they sported NEITHER the best offense nor defense in the league. So, how did they do it? Great QB? Great coaching? Cheating? Not really sure, but most QBs that won multiple Superbowls were on teams with monster offenses (San Fran) or defenses (Pittsburgh, Dallas). The Pats didn't get one until Moss arrived, and at that point their Superbowls dried up.

Date: May 08, 2010 03:12PM

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.