HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who Will Be FS?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Who Will Be FS?
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 02, 2010 07:24AM

I've seen Rashid Jones listed as a SS in more than a few places. Apparently SS is his more natural position.

We already have a pro bowl SS in Bell who is a proven play maker. . Bell played FS two years ago. While he was serviceable - his numbers when down and we still had problems with big plays. When Bell is at SS he makes plays.

Big question going into training camp is who will be the starting FS? Are we going to try and make Jones a FS or move Bell back to his less productive position? Or is the trifecta going to surprise us with another play?

I'm just glad the Gerbil isn't in the mix.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who Will Be FS?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 02, 2010 07:45AM

as gibril proved making a fs into a ss can be tough. if jones can't hack it at fs I'm happy if he's just our ss of the future as bell is actually pretty old.

i think the fs will be clemons or someone not currently on the roster like hamlin or otogawe

Date: May 02, 2010 08:24AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: May 02, 2010 08:26AM

Jones only played SS one year at Georgia (last year).

His best year at Georgia Jones played FS

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 02, 2010 08:32AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as gibril proved making a fs into a ss can be
> tough.
>
> I'm hoping you meant ss into fs. But agree, did
> not work at all for the gerbil.
>

yep that's what I meant, damn this dyslexia!!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: May 02, 2010 01:55PM

ghotirule is back! Welcome back dude haven't seen you around for awhile.

Jones will probably play FS. I keep thinking he might turn out to be our best draft pick out of this season. Maybe I am wrong but the kid seems to be a wrecking ball. I've always been a big Bell fan and think the combination of the two would shore up our safety position

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 02, 2010 02:02PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 02, 2010 02:21PM

Well, in fairness, Jones played FS as a sophomore, before being moved to SS as a junior. And in an article in the Palm Beach Post today, Jones said he moved to SS to accomodate a move to FS for a CB who was struggling.

As for Gibril Wilson, he was a starting FS on the Super Bowl winning Giants team. He moved to SS in Oakland.

Another thing that has to be considered here is that Nolan may be using the safeties much differently than we are used to. Miami has used Yeremiah Bell close to the line, almost in a LB position, and he's had most of the coverage responsibilities on the TE. We've now added Karlos Dansby and AJ Edds, two inside LB who happen to excel in coverage. The plan may be for these guys to have more coverage responsibility than Crowder and Ayodele have, with both safeties being freed up to split the deep coverage into two halves of the field. Jones may have less ground to cover than Wilson did.

Date: May 02, 2010 02:37PM

Date: May 02, 2010 02:50PM

Posted by: bpa ()
Date: May 04, 2010 11:26AM

Nice to see you back smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.