HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Crowder backing up / sucking up?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Crowder backing up / sucking up?
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 28, 2010 05:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crowder backing up / sucking up?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 28, 2010 06:33AM

My opinion - I'd listen to just abt any other player than him if I want any useful information. He seems like a dude who just enjoys spouting off.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: April 28, 2010 10:14AM

I am glad Crowder thinks so, since he won't make it past this season

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 28, 2010 11:09AM

You guys are being a bit harsh on the guy. They asked him about offseason moves and the draft, and he said he liked the moves and liked the new coaches. Henne and others basicly said the same thing. This was a puff piece article done by Miami, to get some PR after the JT departure and non sexy draft, That has been criticized from many on this site to Kiper. The team is closing ranks and supporting their coach and FO. You guys charaterize this as a bad thing and label him a suck up . I guess you think it would have been better for him to diss the draft and give parcells crap? Then you would blast him for that. TO much hating on our own team around here. The guy led our 11-5 team in tackles just a year ago, now he is a bum and a suck up and on his way out? You guys hate on just about everybody.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 28, 2010 11:18AM

I have 3 knocks on Crowder:

1. He wasn't suited for the Mike position. He's better reacting (WILB ) than calling defenses (SILB ).

2. He takes bad angles, which is why he rarely tackles behind the LoS. Perhaps that's coacheable, or maybe he'll do better at WILB? Maybe he had too much to think about at Mike?

3. Durability. He's missed games the last 2 years. Again, maybe the move to WILB will help, or, perhaps, the added depth at ILB will allow him to sit out some plays so he avoids injury.

So, I'm not counting him out, but his play the last couple of years has been far below what I would have liked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2010 11:20AM by montequi.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 28, 2010 12:26PM

I don't care so much about what he says, but I would definitely see more production from him. In particular, he must generate, at least, the occassional big play.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 28, 2010 06:29PM

I gotta lot of grief for from the guys for drafting him first in my fantasy league two years ago.

They called him Clam Chowder and Dolphin Chowder. He played well that year.

He'll play well again this year. I've got faith in him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 28, 2010 07:07PM

in what kind of league do you draft channing crowder first overall??

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 29, 2010 02:39AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in what kind of league do you draft channing
> crowder first overall??

The U.F. Linebackers Drafted by the Dolphins league.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 29, 2010 03:05AM

montequi Wrote:
> I have 3 knocks on Crowder:
>
> 1. He wasn't suited for the Mike position. He's
> better reacting (WILB ) than calling defenses
> (SILB ).
>
> 2. He takes bad angles, which is why he rarely
> tackles behind the LoS. Perhaps that's
> coacheable, or maybe he'll do better at WILB?
> Maybe he had too much to think about at Mike?
>
> 3. Durability. He's missed games the last 2
> years. Again, maybe the move to WILB will help,
> or, perhaps, the added depth at ILB will allow him
> to sit out some plays so he avoids injury.
>
> So, I'm not counting him out, but his play the
> last couple of years has been far below what I
> would have liked.

1) I agree, he didnt do well last year with the Mic position, his numbers went down. especially in the game against Manning.

2) I agree last year, in certain games he took bad angles, overpursued and took himself out of plays because of it. Maybe it was the Mic position or him letting emotions take his head out of the game, especially against Jets. He wanted to show Rex or Washington, and knock heads off and he just took his own head out of the game and played worse IMO.

3) Durability, he played in alot of games in 2008, however I agree, when he did go out in games in 08 and 09, our LB core fell apart and he was sorely missed. Losing him showed how bad we played with out him IMO. I agree I hope depth can help shore that up and a move WILB, and not being mic, will help him rotate out more and keep fresher, last year when he was healthy he never left the field. His playcount per game was always one of the highest on team.

I dont think it is completely fair to say his play the last couple of years, is far below what we should expect of him. Last year, I agree but not the last couple years. When a guy leads your team in tackles as he did in 2008, it is hard to expect more from him. Yes more turnovers would be nice but 115 tackles is nothing to be disappointed in IMO.

I am counting on him to bring his A game this year as well, like 2008 but with a few more game changing impact plays!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 29, 2010 03:44AM

Taking bad angles and not making impact plays have been Channing Crowder's calling cards since he came into the league. I don't expect that is going to change. Yeremiah Bell led the team with 120 tackles in 2008, not Crowder. And the system is geared toward the Mike LB and the SS to make the majority of the tackles. So, Crowder getting 113 tackles as the Mike in 2008 isn't as impressive as it sounds. He's the guy that the other defenders try to keep blockers off so that he is free to make tackles. Averaging 7 tackles per game in that role isn't that impressive. It's average.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 29, 2010 01:56PM

montequi Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > in what kind of league do you draft channing
> > crowder first overall??
>
> The U.F. Linebackers Drafted by the Dolphins
> league.

RESPONSE: Well, maybe I was exaggerating about first but it was an unexpected pick.

The point was that they had never heard of him and gave me grief and he performed well that first year.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 30, 2010 06:27AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 30, 2010 12:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.