HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          No tight end in the draft ?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: No tight end in the draft ?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 05:11AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 27, 2010 07:41AM

And we should (like I suggested before the draft) have traded down (if we traded down at all) to between 15 and 25 thereby allowing us to take Demariyus Thomas or Dez Bryant to further open up and benefit what Marshall does for the offense. We could have added one of them and still loaded up on defensive help.

I think our offense will be right around 10-15 this season...with Thomas or Bryant added to the fold it could have been as high as 7 IMHO. Adding a playmaker next year at TE and a quality RB next season in the draft could have seen us crack the top five in 2011.

Not adding either of those players to what we already have this season will in the future be realized as a mistake...JMO.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 09:49AM

to trade back into 15-25, miami would not have gotten a second rounder and especially not that high. a rookie wideout generally does not have a big impact right away. also that is a lot of money in the wideout position when the defense is what really needs help.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 27, 2010 10:05AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 27, 2010 02:59PM

The thing is, we have no real idea what potential trades were on the table...the teams are not going to say.

If recent events are to be believed then we will need a stellar offense to be on equal footing with the elite teams in the NFL. One of the players I mentioned would have gone a long way toward making that a reality. The players we currently have on offense would have been enough to get us by until the training wheels came off of the rookie. But, that rookie would have to be out there playing (not necessarilly every down either) and not sitting on the bench.

I have never said that we should not have drafted a lot of defensive help because we should have. But, when you have the ability to draft a potential star that also fits your prototype to a T...you have to find a way to get that player on your team.

I'm just not in favor of sacraficing a potentially big piece of the offense for the sake of one more defender whom ability wise we likely could have come "fairly" close to with a later pick. If there was a Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White there then obviously you take the defender and roll the dice with the offensive player so my thinking works both ways.

And even if we did go defense, like we did; we still should have taken a potential playmaker at WR. If a player fit the prototype and had speed...such as Benn, who would have been a good value pick.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 30, 2010 12:40PM

I still hope Fasano can find the magic from 08'

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: May 01, 2010 10:12PM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 03, 2010 11:31AM

He has better hands and speed than Fasano, but he can't block worth a damn. Fasano has decent hands, but is a much better blocker and is much tougher on those brutal receptions over the middle.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 03, 2010 11:55AM

I think last year was a wash in the early going for Fasano. He had that terrible 2-fumble game against Atlanta in the first week that seemed to throw him into a funk, but by mid-season, and for the rest of the year, he looked like his old self.

Rick

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.