HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Not sorry for JT
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Not sorry for JT
Posted by: camaron ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:13PM

Though I am not happy on how the organization handled JT, I cannot believe Taylor chose to play with the Jets. JT chose not to go down with CLASS like Marino, when he was cut and chose to retire instead of playing with the Vikings. Like Zach, who was courted by the Patriots and said that he would not play for the Patsies and chose to play for the Cowboys. Now the one lacking cl ASS here is Jason Taylor.
I know I sound as inconsiderate, but he is now sleeping with the enemy. I really enjoyed his time here, rooted for him to succeed in Washington but I really hope that he stinks it up in New York.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not sorry for JT
Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:01PM

differnce being zach and marino didnt have anything left to them in the end was time for them to retire..well zach didnt but was time

Date: April 20, 2010 04:03PM

I don't know but last I recall JT has not done anything in 2 years.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:04PM

I don't beleive JT is nearly the player he was a few years ago. He goes to the jets so what. Can he still rush the passer I suppose so ,but you can run on that defense because JT dosen't like to play the run. You're going to pay 10 mil for a situational player. Man the hell with the Jets, and Jt I hope we beat their ass twice this year.

Date: April 20, 2010 04:05PM

You root for the team not the player. Once he puts on the enemies uniform he is fair game.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:06PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't beleive JT is nearly the player he was a
> few years ago. He goes to the jets so what. Can
> he still rush the passer I suppose so ,but you can
> run on that defense because JT dosen't like to
> play the run. You're going to pay 10 mil for a
> situational player. Man the hell with the Jets,
> and Jt I hope we beat their ass twice this year.

JT won't be out there playing the run. 20 plays a game on 3rd down or obvious passing downs only.

And he isn't making $10 mill....only $1.5 mill

Date: April 20, 2010 04:17PM

I am not afraid of JT and his 20 pass plays a game. I will not dwell on the fact that most of you including myself wanted him back to finish his career in Miami. That is not going to happen now. I think the brass maybe feel his best days are behind him, and I have to agree. Signing JT for one year does not mean the Jets are going to the super bowl or even make the playoffs. To me this has the feel of the 95 Dolphins load up on players on to miss the playoffs.

Date: April 20, 2010 04:28PM

Just read on PFT that JT said he was offered a contract in November. "It wasn't the right time," Taylor said. "If I was important enough in November, why don't you want me now? I'm better now. My shoulder works now."
So now the Fins asked him to wait till after the draft and now he couldn't wait.

JT take that to New York and choke on it!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 04:30PM by camaron.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:46PM

Not so much an issue to me abnout what JT has or not ... someone needs to take the front office thru a miss manners class or something ... lacking style IMHO

Add to the mix that JT has value, situational player at a good price, a will to play here, and mentoring the young guys, leader, and I don't get it on how we behave.

Smiley, JT, Ginn, all bad moves done in poor style ...

Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:12PM

JT had an offer in Nov. It was not to his liking. He decided not to sign it for BUSINESS reasons. he figured he was worth more...or could get more from another team.

HE at that point let the Phins know that 'loyalty' was only worth so much.
Why not sign the extension? He was unemployed and kissing Bill's but and getting Joey P. to loby for him and all of that 'I just want to be a Dolphin' stuff. he was presented an opportunity to play out his last few years as a Dolphin.

I don't know what the contract was...but as a veteran with 10 years under his belt the Vet minimum would be $860,000. So he held out for an extra $640,000. Which I am sure he could have made up in endoresements in the Miami area.

The Front office needs to manage its public face...but winning will erase the ill will. It also needs to manage the development of young players who have more potential than a 36 year old. JT had 42 tackles and 7 sacks with extensive playing time. Cameron Wake barely saw the field and had 29 tackles with 5.5 sacks not to mention a game winning hit on the QB causing an INT.

If they want a 3rd down pass rusher? Wake looks to be better. If they want a 2 down edge setter and run stopper? Again there are better options.

If we draft a guy how much playing time should we take away from him to let JT play?

In the end it goes back to that Nov. contract. JT said i will not sign now when it helps you...I will sign when it is in my interests. The team said we will not sign you now 'before the draft' we will wait until we see if we need you...'after the draft'.

It was business.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:37PM

Date: April 20, 2010 05:49PM

No reason to panic yet. Our biggest defensive offseason acquisition till now, was not Karlos Dansby, his name was Mike Nolan.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:55PM

realist Wrote:
> JT had an offer in Nov. It was not to his liking.
> He decided not to sign it for BUSINESS reasons. he
> figured he was worth more...or could get more from
> another team.
>
> HE at that point let the Phins know that 'loyalty'
> was only worth so much.
> Why not sign the extension? He was unemployed and
> kissing Bill's but and getting Joey P. to loby for
> him and all of that 'I just want to be a Dolphin'
> stuff. he was presented an opportunity to play out
> his last few years as a Dolphin.
>
> I don't know what the contract was...but as a
> veteran with 10 years under his belt the Vet
> minimum would be $860,000. So he held out for an
> extra $640,000. Which I am sure he could have made
> up in endoresements in the Miami area.
>
>
> The Front office needs to manage its public
> face...but winning will erase the ill will. It
> also needs to manage the development of young
> players who have more potential than a 36 year
> old. JT had 42 tackles and 7 sacks with extensive
> playing time. Cameron Wake barely saw the field
> and had 29 tackles with 5.5 sacks not to mention a
> game winning hit on the QB causing an INT.
>
> If they want a 3rd down pass rusher? Wake looks to
> be better. If they want a 2 down edge setter and
> run stopper? Again there are better options.
>
> If we draft a guy how much playing time should we
> take away from him to let JT play?
>
> In the end it goes back to that Nov. contract. JT
> said i will not sign now when it helps you...I
> will sign when it is in my interests. The team
> said we will not sign you now 'before the draft'
> we will wait until we see if we need you...'after
> the draft'.
>
> It was business.

smileys with beer

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 20, 2010 11:20PM

Finshady Wrote:
> You root for the team not the player. Once he
> puts on the enemies uniform he is fair game.

Well speak for yourself.

I became a Miami Dolphin fan because they had guys like Larry Csonka, Don Shula and Bob Griese.

I did not become a Don Shula fan because he was a Miami Dolphin.

I stayed a Dolphin fan because they were always classy and well respected...because they had a classy and well respected leader.

If you can't root for and respect the player, what is left? Being a fan because the colors are pretty? Because I think Dolphins are cute? Because they are the local team?

I am from Illinois and if I was from New England or Washington, I sure wouldn't be a Patriot or Redskin fan....and if I was a Raider fan I would have jumped ship by now.

I don't respect groups. I respect people.

Everyone always wanted to play for the Dolphins. Keep treating players like this and good luck getting them to come here.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:15AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:50AM

Date: April 21, 2010 05:13AM

I think we will take 2 OLB's in the draft, and yet possibly sign another free agent. Cameron Wake will be one starter. He will be better against the run this year, and he can really rush the passer. Now do we need another quality starter yes? Will we find one I have to say yes. I don'think Charlie Anderson is that bad of a player, and remember we did sign Brian Johnston that has the size to be a pass rusher in our 3-4 scheme. So I think this position will be addressed in the next upcoming days of the draft. I am sorry to see JT go like I stated before however he has left now we need to fill the hole on our roster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2010 05:27AM by Finshady.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:42PM

Articles state that JT was offered in November on a sticky note. JT said it was a 1 year extension at the same money. BP did not want JTs agent involved. JT, of coarse did. That would be the smart thing.
BP should have simply accepted that and started negotiations. But his childish attitude came through.

It's not that the FO did not want JT or only wanted him cheap. It's the way they played it out. No employer should treat a long time employee that has produced the way JT has like his thoughts or feelings don't count. Business or not, that is just plain wrong.
Classless by the FO. Flat out. You guys that can't see it? Well open your eyes.
I hate the Jets too. But if the FO wants to play those games then I don't blame JT one bit. I just hope he doesn't hurt Henne.

Don't forget, this FO wouldn't even let Zach talk to the media at the Phins facility once he was cut. Classless flat out.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:16PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 21, 2010 04:20PM

yeah it was. Zach's last year was Cam's first year (1-15 season). Zach was hurt most of the year and didn't play.

Parcells took over and told Zach see ya!

Posted by: opus ()
Date: April 22, 2010 02:37AM

Anyone who has any respect for those that they work with does not tell them to forgo their agent and just "sign this". JT came back to play for next to nothing, he produced, and then was told gee why dont you just keep playing for nothing. I hate to say it, but I have a very bad feeling that a motivated JT will make life more than a little rough for Mr. Henne during our two games this year.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 22, 2010 02:52AM

I believe Jason Taylor last year with incentives took home 2.6 million dollars. I hardly think that is nothing! 1.5 base salary and he earned 1.1 million in incentives. He could have signed the same deal and with reasonable reachable incentives. He is foolish. He will become like Johnny Damon, a man with no home after football. Zero value after football in whatever local community he chooses. Hypothetically are people going to go to his sports bar in south florida or new york. Are people going to buy cars from him in south fla or New york. Are people going to want to watch him or listen to him on local radio or TV in south Fla or New York. I am not saying he doesnt have options being announcer with the NFl, but that is about it, he has killed the rest of his value after football, much like the rest of the traitors. He will never be loved in New York, and he threw away his long time fans here.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: April 22, 2010 06:08AM

opus Wrote:
> Anyone who has any respect for those that they
> work with does not tell them to forgo their agent
> and just "sign this". JT came back to play for
> next to nothing, he produced, and then was told
> gee why dont you just keep playing for nothing. I
> hate to say it, but I have a very bad feeling that
> a motivated JT will make life more than a little
> rough for Mr. Henne during our two games this
> year.
You're right about the first part. I hope your dead wrong about the second, but I fear you might be right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.