HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parcells is a genuis.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parcells is a genuis.....
Posted by: Dol-Phan ()
Date: April 17, 2010 06:01AM

Look at what he has done since he came here. 1 Word ....Amazing. 1st year turn around.....We are instant contenders from the prior year at 1-15 pretenders.....I love the way he sets up the draft. If you look at the 1st and 2nd round draft picks they are over paid bust for the most part. Picking up players in the 3rd through 7th round is low risk higher reward.

For instance Ginn. Bust...I really wanted this Kid to do well and he has amazing speed, agility, skillz you name it but production was never there. I think his size prevented him from doing well early in his NFL career. I do think he is getting better now that he is up to speed with the NFL gameplay but he already got paid and its too late for the Phins to enjoy him. High risk, low reward.

Parcells knows Defense and bigger huskier type players can accell earlier in their NFL careers (for instance Jake Long had immediate impact on the teams production). Im eager to see the way this years draft pans out. I already am very impressed with the Brandon Marshall trade for 40 mil. We would have paid 2 2nd round picks more than that and probaly got less production out of both combined. I dont want to count my chickens before they hatch but this years draft should be interesting to say the least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parcells is a genuis.....
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 06:05AM

Parcells has done an amazing job with rebuilding this team, not to say they haven't made mistakes. But they have rebuilt this roster, with alot of great young players. This offseason Parcells kept everybody guessing and confused. To be honest with you, I have some hopes for what we are going to do with 12, but I have no idea. Just like last year I had no idea we would go, Vontae, White, Smith..

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 17, 2010 09:55AM

His off season grade just went to the top of the class IMO.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 17, 2010 02:24PM

I think he's done a fantastic job. In fact, if Parcells walked away right now I feel he's left this team in significantly better shape than when he took over.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 17, 2010 02:29PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 17, 2010 02:53PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:05PM

Mike I wasn't calling you out, I think it's funny how quickly everyone's perceptions change, mine went from "Marshalls a head case and we dont need him" and "Ginn could break out in his 4th year, he aint that bad" to "WOO EFFING HOO, I can't believe we got Marshall" and "thank you 49ers for taking Ginn off our hands". Just funny how quick things can change.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:17PM

Things change quick in the offseason, people go from sad to happy to sad overnight. If JT signs with the Jets Monday, people will forget about Marshall and be pissing and moaning again. But come September its about WINS and LOSSES and all of the happy-happy-joy-joy feel in April is long gone.

And if Sparano/Ireland/Parcells don't win games either because lack of talent, adding wrong talent, or not coaching the talent up to their potential. We got BILL COWHER and JON GRUDEN out there wearing some rings on their fingers with proof they know how to win games in this league and win big games!

I mean lets be honest. Sparano is an unproven head caoch. Ireland has never been a GM before. And Parcells hasn't won a ring since 1990!! Not knocking the guys but those are facts. If we go from 11 wins, to 7 wins, to godforbid 7 wins or less....you can't justify keeping those 3 unproven guys with that current track record around. I hope we win 10 or more games, make the playoffs and are on our way this season. BUT, if we only win 6 or 7, then hell they all gotta go!!! That isn't even up for debate! They just spend $93 mill on 2 players, if you spend that and your record gets worse.....GOOD-BYE!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:24PM

I think now that we got marhall, no one will care much if JT goes to the Jets. If we did nothing to upgrade the team and then watched the team sit back and let JT walk off to the Jets, it would have been a different story

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 17, 2010 03:26PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think now that we got marhall, no one will care
> much if JT goes to the Jets.

Speak for yourself. Marshall plays offense, not defense. After letting Porter go, JT became that much more valuable to us. I will care, as I think many on this board will as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.