HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ronnie's jersey going for $20
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie's jersey going for $20
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 16, 2010 08:32PM

Dolphins website listed Ginn's Jersey for sale at $15 Thursday night, down from $60. He was traded the next day.

As of Friday Ronnie's jersey goes for $20, down from $80. YOU KNOW WHATS COMING NEXT!!!

Now they can't trade him till he signs his tender, but if they work out a deal and Ronnie's agent gets him an extension worked out with the new team before the draft....it looks like Ronnie is gone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie's jersey going for $20
Date: April 16, 2010 08:42PM

Possible teams who could trade for Ronnie..... with a 2nd or 3rd round pick......

San Diego (have to replace LT; could trade pick #40 or #91)
Philly (2 picks in Rd 2, 2 picks in Rd 3..need to replace Wesbtrook)
New England (3 picks in Rd 2)
Cleveland (3 picks in Rd 3)
Houston (needs a #1 back; have picks at #51 and #81)
Lions (Smith is always injured, need another RB; own picks #34 and #61)

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 07:14AM

Certainly this could happen, but as of right now, your evidence is thin....

Rick

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 17, 2010 07:21AM

Your evidence is what you want to happen in reality.

Date: April 17, 2010 09:25AM

The evidence is look at what happened with Ginn just 2 days ago.

The only difference this time is unless Ronnie signs his tender, he can't be traded. So Ronnie can block a trade while Ginn couldn't.

Date: April 17, 2010 09:35AM

Yes Mike O his jersey goes down in price so that means he's getting traded. I think you need to quit grasping at straws, and stop trying to predict what you do not know, and have no access to those who do know what is going to happen. All this on your part is stupid petty speculation. Saying Ronnie is going to be traded is the exact same thing that Armando Salguero said earlier yesterday. Unless you are masquerading as him then stop stealing his material, and come up with your own sources.

Date: April 17, 2010 09:41AM

Of course its the same thing Armando said.....that is where I read the info. And I am saying he may be right. eye rolling smiley I never claimed I broke any story. Jeees.

The only thing that is stupid is your racist rants about Toby Gerhart!

Date: April 17, 2010 10:43AM

I really got under your skin because I called you out about Gerhart, and put you in your place. Now you want to attack me whenever I post. Go ahead it dosen't bother me beause it just shows how shallow and immature you are. You made the argument about race when you called him a fullback. A position he has never played. I only asked you why him and no body else? Then you said you I was racist because having watched him I beleive he will be a damn good running back. Get over it Mike O, and get off of my case I am entitled to my opinion in even if you don't agree with it.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 17, 2010 10:50AM

grinning smiley

Date: April 18, 2010 04:29AM

Hey Mike O no trade yet what gives.

Date: April 18, 2010 05:16AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Mike O no trade yet what gives.

Uh...Ronnie can't be traded till he signs his tender. Aren't you reading or following anything we are all writing here?? Or are you just lost in your own little world eye rolling smiley

Try and keep up with the rest of us. Those 3 years in the 4th grade gotta pay off with some reading comprehension skills!!

Date: April 18, 2010 05:36AM

So essentially Ronnie can block the trade by not signing his tender or is it a foregone conclusion?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 18, 2010 06:16AM

Date: April 18, 2010 06:22AM

Bingo!!! Phinsfan2 hit the nail on the head!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 18, 2010 06:40AM

If we traded brown and did not pick up a comparable player in the draft, our RBs would be

Ricky--no way he makes it thru the year as a 16 game starter, not would he want to

Cobbs--not stater material before blowing his knee out, now, who knows?

Hilliard--plodding backup type

That's not the backfield of a playoff team. So unless we've got someone to replace RB for THIS year, I'm dubious.

With the Mashall pickup, we are not in re-building wait-till-next year mode. We are a ligi contender in the AFC East and there's no reason we shouldn't be trying to win it all this year. That's why giving up Brown for less than value just because he is a FA next yr is not something I'm crazy about--it sacrifices success this year for the future and I think we are past "rebuilding" mode, which is only time that makes sense.

Date: April 18, 2010 06:44AM

But we aren't resigning Brown next offseason. Ronnie will be playing elsewhere. Might as well get something for him NOW before we walks and we get nothing in return.

And hope Ricky can hold up as our #1 and we find a back-up who can spell him enough to keep him fresh

Date: April 18, 2010 06:44AM

So Ronnie Brown does control wether or not he gets traded before the draft. Essentially Ronnie can say yes I will play for this team, but not that team. Which was my point about my 1st entry. Their is'nt an imminent trade in the works now unless Ronnie wants to be traded now. I don't care what his jersey is selling for as of this minute.

Date: April 18, 2010 07:09AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So Ronnie Brown does control wether or not he gets
> traded before the draft. Essentially Ronnie can
> say yes I will play for this team, but not that
> team. Which was my point about my 1st entry.
> Their is'nt an imminent trade in the works now
> unless Ronnie wants to be traded now. I don't
> care what his jersey is selling for as of this
> minute.

There are reports from REAL reporters saying otherwise. So we will see. It all comes down to value. What will another team offer to us for Ronnie and what will they give Ronnie in the form of an extension.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 18, 2010 07:29AM

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: April 18, 2010 07:33AM

Well a Miami Dolphins hat was reduced also from $20 to $3 so are the dolphins going to LA. ????? LOL

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 18, 2010 07:38AM

Eh, you guys are picking Mike's theory to pieces, but he has a point. No one is saying it's a definite sign of a trade, but with all the talk lately plus the fact that ronnie seems to be made of glass, who can blame anyone for putting 2 and 2 together?

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: April 18, 2010 08:56AM

i would love to trade ronnie to detroit for some of there picks, i mean they DO always have better picks than we do anyways. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 18, 2010 09:43AM

1) There are stories in the Detriot newspapers, The Bleacher Report, and various other outlets about Detroit wanting Ronnie.

2) Armando brought up the reduced jersey of Ginn then he's traded. And the only other player with a reduced jersey is now Ronnie so its a sign.

3) MikeO (THAT's ME) doesn't have a theory. Im just looking at what all the other theory's are and saying, hmmmm....maybe something is brewing!!

I know the local troll on the site likes to bring my name into every debate, but really I am just reading the same things you guys are reading and trying to put the puzzle together as to what the front office is doing.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 18, 2010 09:58AM

Does anyone seriously believe that the folks who run the merchandise shop are privy to what the front office is planning? And that if they were privy to it, that they'd be allowed to tip it off so badly?

Date: April 18, 2010 10:10AM

Date: April 18, 2010 11:17AM

Once again their is no trade unless Ronnie Brown wants to be traded. Your theory or theories is irrelevant so long as the player dictates what's going to happen. A troll is someone who roots for another team , and goes on another teams website to stir things up. I have no other favorite team. I am not a closet Jets fan like someangry smiley other so called fans of this site.

Date: April 18, 2010 11:55AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 18, 2010 12:11PM

On the whole Jersey thing, maybe they are just cleaning out inventory of heavily stocked Jersey before the draft, new Season and new batch of Jersey's are ordered. In retail stores, you discount out what was not sold from the season before inventory, especially Jersey's you overstocked. Last years Visors and Hats are $3, should we be worried about their future as well.....hahaha

Ginns Jersey is $15, I guess Ronnie is $5 dollars away from being on another team......hahaha

Date: April 18, 2010 12:23PM

Date: April 18, 2010 12:39PM

I bought my children Chad Pennington jersey's after he was hurt last season, and it did not look like the Dolphins wanted him back for a very good discounted price. So you never really know what is going to happen. I don't think Pennington will be traded. We need insurance if Henne is hurt so now no one can ever really say who goes,and who stays. So what was once old is now considered new only in rare circumstanes I will contend.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.