HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ginn finally snapped on his TWITTER
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ginn finally snapped on his TWITTER
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:14PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ginn finally snapped on his TWITTER
Date: April 16, 2010 04:15PM

for the record, the part that is censored here, isn't censored on his twiter. Just so ya know. ha ha

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:40PM

Mike O what is your fascination with Ted Ginn he was a scared football player who ran out of bounds, and can now do do it a city more accustomed to his running style. Laterally and always hoping to get out of bounds before anyone player got remotely close. If you know what I mean. A writer has brought this point up today. How can you be a tough physical football team when your supposed best wide receiver is always looking to run out of bounds. Good bye and good riddance you sorry and scared piece of crap. I just can't beleive we got another team to trade for this scared fragile garbage of a player that our former retarded coach took in the freaking 1st round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 04:51PM by Finshady.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:44PM

Gotta have thicker skin than that. You're in the NFL. Every move you make will be scrutinized. Life in the public eye isn't fit for people who can't take anonymous comments that mean nothing personally. On a day he should be looking to his new start, a start that has much less tension in the expectations department, instead will be remembered by his ineptitude and failure to be a grown up.

Date: April 16, 2010 04:49PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike O what is your fascination with Ted Ginn he
> was a scared football player who ran out of
> bounds, and can now do do it a city more
> accustomed to his running style. Laterally and
> always hoping to get out of bounds before anyone
> platyer got remotely close. If you know what I
> mean. A writer has brought this point up today.
> How can you be a tough physical football team when
> your supposed best wide receiver is always looking
> to run out of bounds. Good bye and good riddance
> you sorry and scared piece of crap. I just can't
> beleive we got another team to trade for this
> scared fragile garbage of a player that our former
> retarded coach took in the freaking 1st round.

eye rolling smiley

Date: April 16, 2010 04:50PM

Well put Odenn I wish he would of kept his mouth shut and moved on.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:55PM

Agreed. This may give him incentive to work his butt off. Hopefully things work out for him.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 16, 2010 04:58PM

It wasn't like that was the first time he heard it. He has been dealing with this for 3 years. He snapped...so what. he isn't a Dolphin any more.

It wasn't his fault the FO drafted him so early. get over it people. Jason Allen hasn't had to deal with this and he is a bigger flop than Ginn.

Typical classless clueless remark by a clueless Dolphin fan.

Good luck in SF Ted!

See....that's called sportsmanship...

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:12PM

I agree with Mike. I understand how he (Ginn) feels. He's still a kid. He never got asked to be drafted so high, he never did anything to piss the fan base off. He went out on the field and did his thing. He fell short and wasn't good enough by most accounts, but its rough when everybody hates you from day 1. So we traded him for peanuts today. I hate the move, but many people like it. For those who like the move, instead of just being happy to move on from Ginn they have to attack him personally and to his face. Give it a rest, he's a human being. Stop wasting your time and effort trashing him while he's on the way out the door. Wish him luck and move on. (With the exception of any games that the Phins play SF)

Date: April 16, 2010 05:21PM

No he went off on his twitter page. He did nothing wrong except he never lived up to his expectations of being a #9 draft in the 1st round. What the hell is he mad about. He got paid millions to drop the ball and run out of bounds, and now he will continue to get paid while he does the same damn thing for another stupid team. If Ginn is so offended at what the fans were saying then why didn't he play better, and try harder.

Date: April 16, 2010 05:26PM

The NFL is quickly moving towards turning into the Soccer leagues overseas. Where the ball accidently hits a guys leg and goes into his own goal. And the next morning the guy is being chased in the streets by a mob of lunatics.

The Buffalo player Leodis McKelvin last year who fumbled the kickoff week 1 vs New England costing his team the game. That week having his front yard ripped up.

We are on a slippery slope to disaster. You can only poke someone with a stick so much before they snap. Today Ginn after about 1,000 tweets just like that snapped. I don't blame Ginn. A person can only take so much. He's a football player. Not a politican effecting the lives of everyday people. He's a guy playing A GAME!! For entertainement!!!!!

Date: April 16, 2010 05:33PM

You're right Mike O however he sucked at it more that he was good at it. Hence the 1000 tweets. If you don't want tweets then don't use twitter.

Date: April 16, 2010 05:36PM

being a bad football player isn't a crime. And doesn't deserve to be harassed for no good reason.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:38PM

Jay Fiedler was MUCH worse, and MUCH more undeserved. Ginn has never shown ANY potential to be better than what he has shown us. For someone so fast, he plays slow. He has no moves to get open, does not attack the ball, runs poor routes, and has poor hands. It doesn't get much worse than that, especially for someone that is making as much money as he is.

If he were a 5th round pick originally making 5th round pick money, it would make sense to keep him around and give him a chance to develop... but for the money he was getting paid it makes sense to cut your losses.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:50PM

I recall Fiedler getting crapped on even worse than Ginn.

But regardless, the difference between the two was that Fiedler had a lot less natural talent than Ginn, but tried a lot harder.

A lot was riding on Fiedler's shoulders b/c he was not only the QB, but the QB who followed Marino. Ginn had a lot riding on him b/c of him being picked so early in the draft.

By the way, if one regards this as trading a #1 wide receiver for a 5th rounder, it sounds like a bad deal. But if it is framed as trading a Kick Returner for a 5th rounder, it sounds like a better deal. Only time will tell.

Best of luck to Ginn on the west coast. He made my mad when he dropped all those passes, but he made me ecstatic when he basically won that Jets game.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:55PM

I agree, he has taken a lot of sh*t from our fans, but it isn't the worst. Sammie Smith's experience was worse. He was already not very popular, then he fumbled into the endzone two weeks in a row. The next week the fanbase destroyed what was left of his "career". A trade really didn't help him at all. I imagine Ted Ginn has experienced something like that, but I hope it doesn't ruin him like it did Smith.

Rick

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 16, 2010 06:59PM

Agreed, we should leave Teddy Bear alone and wish him nite nite in San Fran with warm milk and cookies. I'm just concerned about his family. Are they all moving out west together?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: April 17, 2010 07:52AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @TEDGINN19 thank goodness you are gone! @#$%& u
> bitch nigga u can't say that shit to my face lame
>

Well if he carried that type of attitude and swagger on the football field maybe he would have panned out. He had the talent but lacked the "IT" factor... That being said i was as big a ginn basher as any. HOwever once we drafted marshall I did not want to get rid of ginn. With marshall and bess getting the mother load of receptions all ginn had to do was run the fly route the entire game. If at anytime the safety would cheat over to marshall or give ginn one on one then that is where we go since he is so hard to cover on that route. This had to be a money issue since I dont see how we could get a better player in the 5th.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 17, 2010 02:30PM

I like the idea of pairing 2 tall WRs as starters (Marshall, 6'4"; Hartline, 6'2" ) ala Rice/Taylor of the 49ers than putting a smallish guy (Ginn, 5'11" ) who has suspect hands opposite one of the best WRs in the league. Speed isn't everything. There have been plenty of really fast guys in the NFL that never panned out. On the other hand, running good routes, being physical, and making solid catches are much more important WR skills than simply being fast. It's been proven time-and-time-again.

Hartline is plenty fast to run fly patterns opposite Marshall. I believe Hartline can beat most CBs in the league 1-on-1, and he'll actually catch the ball when it's thrown to him!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 02:31PM by montequi.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:54AM

What's all this stuff about Ginn running out of bounds? What was the play, what was the clock, what was the situtation we were in? Did he run out of bounds short of a first down we needed?

It ain't too smart to let someone KNOCK you out of bounds when it is obvious you are going to be stopped for the same yardage in any event. Then you detractors would be talking about someone not being able to either stay healthy or take a hit.

Date: April 20, 2010 10:35AM

Wes Welker and Marvin Harrison fall to the ground to avoid contact and "give themselves up". Nobody knocks them for it. They say how its a smart play...blah blah blah.

I know Ginn isn't on their level, but its the same smart play!!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 21, 2010 11:14AM

Please Mike ... can't let that one slide.eye rolling smiley

Welker and Harrison both catch the ball in traffic and take their share of licks ... and still held on to the ball.

Ginn is not in the same league in that area.

Having said that ... I'd have liked to see what Ginn could offere with an experienced vet like marshall around to oiffset the attenton of the defense and to have also been there as a mentor.

- Water under the bridge now

Date: April 21, 2010 11:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.