HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ginn Traded to 49'ers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ginn Traded to 49'ers
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 18, 2010 07:20PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ginn was never a physical player, and that was the
> previous regime's mistake. Watch his OSU
> highlights, it's all him running around by
> himself. He never had to fight for the tough
> catches, or beat the jam because college corners
> were too scared of his speed. And I think it was
> Mel Kiper that pointed out when he was drafted,
> that he had only been targeted in the redzone a
> handful of times in his college career. That
> should have been a red flag right there, you must
> be physical to be a factor in the red zone. It's
> not Ginn's fault. He is who he is. But, we fell in
> love with his speed and his return ability, and
> drafted him way over where he belonged. I think
> he'll fluorish as a deep threat as a #3 option for
> a team. And by that, I mean he'll become a guy who
> can get about 700 yards and 6-7 TD a year. It was
> never going to happen for him here, because he
> doesn't fit the mold of player we want.

RE: I agree mostly but I think that 6-7 TD's and 700+ yards along with 60+ catches (11.6 YPC) would be very a good performance as our #2 alongside of Marshall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 19, 2010 01:48AM

Fair enough Ken, but if you have to teach a guy how to be a reciever, then it comes back to both of our points, you dont take him at #9 and pay him a ton of money.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 19, 2010 03:57AM

Ken Wrote:
> RE: I agree mostly but I think that 6-7 TD's and
> 700+ yards along with 60+ catches (11.6 YPC) would
> be very a good performance as our #2 alongside of
> Marshall.

Marshall is going to be our X receiver, the split end. I say that because we have no one else who fits the profile. So, the starter on the other side needs to be the Y, the flanker. Ted Ginn is not a flanker. It requires way too many patterns over the middle, which Ginn has proven he is a non-factor with. He doesn't fit in that role. That's why I said I think he'll be fine where he can be a #3 WR. He's proven he can't be counted on as an X, and he doesn't have the toughness needed of a Y.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:20AM

Not impressed with this trade.

Would like to see what Ginn could do with marshall on the field taking the # 1 def back. Should have been good for the long ball or at least to open up the underneath.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 20, 2010 06:54AM

I would have liked to keep him but Hartline and Marshall are the future and he would not see the field enough with Bess as an up and coming slot receiver.

I will reserve too much judgment until I see who we take in the 5th with that pick...at this point I don't care as much. I am just excited that we have Marshall!

I think this is a fresh start for the diva who is motivated and has a chip on his shoulder to prove that he is not a bad person. I like the fact that he came in and said that he doesn't care about the #15 jersey and will take whatever number is available.

After watching his interview, I kind of like the kid. He is pretty well spoken and seems half way intelligent....compared to some other guys (Dez Bryant) that can't seem to form a complete sentence to talk about their future as toof doctors and such.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:19AM

You might be right, but I doubt it. A professional pass catcher that has two hands on the ball MUST catch that ball. If, after three years of being a starter and doing things like beating Darrell Revis for a touchdown on national television and catching first downs on the sideline doesn't instill in you the confidence to believe that you can do it, maybe you mentally can't. I have been a Ginn fan since the beginning, but he repeatedly disappointed me, and getting two hands on that ball in Indy that would have set us up to win, then dropping it, was a killer. He replayed that scenario several more times over the course of the year. After so many disappointments, I think we have to move on. I wish him well in SF, but Singletary will be tough on him.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 08:28AM

The coaching staff put him in position to succeed, the fact that he got his hands on so many balls that he subsequently dropped attests to that. They got him open on the sidelines, but he went out of bounds instead of trying to get YAC. Not the coaches' fault.

Rick

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.