HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JETS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
JETS
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 06:29AM

Looks like the Jets are LOADING UP. If I was a betting man I would say they are superbowl bound. sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JETS
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: April 12, 2010 06:36AM

Sanchez sucks. 12 TD to 20 picks last year. We swept them too last year. I think the phins are superbowl bound

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 12, 2010 09:59AM

I think it being months before the first kickoff of the pre-season, it's too early to make any accurate predictions.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 10:45AM

Jets Suck, great teams are built in the Draft, Last year the Jets only had 3 draft picks trading now for tomorrow, I think they are being foolish, and the Phins are building the team for the future. Last time I checked the Phins have won 4 of the last 5 against them.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 10:59AM

thumbs down

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 12, 2010 11:15AM

The Jets are stacked at every position but they have an awful lot riding on the development of Sanchez.

He was not as great as all the hype last year but he did show the potential in a few games.

The Jets would really be smart to add a veteran backup QB. Sanchez could progress or he could have a sophomore slump. He should be better with a full off season to form chemistry with the new WR's.

They should be considered a top team in the AFC power rankings. San Diego, Indy and Baltimore are the cream of the crop with teams like NE and the Jets not far behind.

Miami is behind all of them as they have many questions to answer this year.

Can we find a threat at WR in the draft or can one of our WR's step way up in a big way?
Can we field a quality pass rush with Wake and a rookie?
Will our young CB's go from just showing potential to being play makers?
Can we find someway to stop the run without a dominant NT or can we find one?
Can we field a quality FS?
Will Henne take the next step?
Can our RB's stay healthy for an entire year?
Can we stay healthy all around like we did in 08?

We will need an all time great draft like the 80's 49ers or the 90's Bills and Cowboys to make it happen. Like I said before, we need to find a couple candidates for rookie of the year. One on offense and one on defense. Tall order!

None of the top teams have this many questions with the exception of NE who always seem to step up and be competitive.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 11:16AM by eesti.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 12, 2010 11:21AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jets Suck, great teams are built in the Draft,
> Last year the Jets only had 3 draft picks trading
> now for tomorrow, I think they are being foolish,
> and the Phins are building the team for the
> future. Last time I checked the Phins have won 4
> of the last 5 against them.

When was the last time the Fins were in an AFC Championship game? Jets have went last year and in 1998.....two times since the Fins have last been there

Date: April 12, 2010 11:23AM

Yes a lot riding on Sanchez, but lets be honest.....

They will line up Edwards, Holmes, Crotchery....spread the field with 3 wide. Probably flank Keller out at WR....maybe 4 wide. THEN with their dominate o-line they will run the hell out of the ball against overmatched defensive fronts

Date: April 12, 2010 12:28PM

The Jets last 2 first rd picks were Gholston and Sanchez. It is hard to be successful in the future with the possibility of back to back flops in the first rd. I would rather go with Miami's philosophy of building your team in the draft, takes a bit longer but I would much rather have Miami's players and picks in this draft then the Jets players and picks. Just like I like the Phins strategy over the Jets. Like i said before , as soon as they starting beating us, I will be worried, until then, this is all offseason hype bs. just like Rex Ryan likes and Parcells/ Sparano do not.

Date: April 12, 2010 12:42PM

Yeah but they also drafted Revis in Rd 1.

And Miami took Ginn and Jason Allen in Rd 1. Tough to be succesful when taking guys like that in Rd 1.

Date: April 12, 2010 01:44PM

Ginn and Allen were sentimental coach favorites picks of Saban and Cam or Mueller not the Tri.The Tri I can handle Jake Long and Vontae vs Sanchez and Gholston in corresponding years

Date: April 12, 2010 02:11PM

Gholston wasn't drafted on Rex Ryan's watch

Date: April 12, 2010 02:37PM

neither was Revis, Rex watch only drafted Sanchez, Shonn Greene and Matt Slauson.

Date: April 12, 2010 02:54PM

Tannenbaum has been the man since 06. While Rex Ryan has input, the final say is Mike's. He has done as well, if not better than just about any personnel man in the league. (he also drafted Nate Garner).

Gholston has been a flop and may not be cut out for OLB but one bad pick doesn't tarnish the many pro bowler caliber players he has drafted and signed.

I can't stand the Jets but also can't ignore the job MT has done.

Sanchez cannot be counted as anything close to a flop....yet.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 04:19PM

Rumor has it they may still go after marshall for a second

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 04:50PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 13, 2010 08:39AM

Well its not going to happen, but I agree that we need to take Marshall. I'm tired of hearing about the "JETS". THEY have all the star power to mask all the BS that we are all going to witness this year lol. 9/7 They will be if there lucky.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 13, 2010 09:10AM

Sorry guys but on paper the Jets are going to win the AFC east...that said the games have to be played, injuries have to be limited, and players have to gel.

But, they will be a good team regardless and I predict they will be THE largest hurdle any teams have to get over if they want to win the division this year. The Pats will be second place at best with the Phins a close but still distant third place.

The Jets were a good team last year that got a bit lucky in the end and they have done nothing but be agressive in making themselves a great deal better for this year...

The Phins on the other hand have been very selective, have cut players they can't or have failed to replace, have not adressed multiple key shortcomings and have placed all of their eggs in the draft and player development baskets. And one of those two baskets has not been very productive for them lately...we are going to have to have a STAND OUT draft next week that reaps immediate, pro bowl type, rewards from at least four rookies. Just to even the playing field in 2010.

Here's to hoping we can pull that off. Here's also to the Jets and Pats have a laundry list of player/personnel issues.

Date: April 13, 2010 09:33AM

The Pats have as much riding on this draft as Miami does. They have a lot of holes and seem to be declining. They need a starting WR, OLB, RB, TE and DE and have not had as good of drafts as we have for the last two years. They also need an ILB, FS and O-line help. Welker is a big question mark coming off of two major surgeries, Moss is losing patience and getting old. Edelman is over rated and nowhere close to Wes Welker. Tate is a ?

The Jets are doing the opposite and have the luxury of adding the BPA.

Miami also has only the 18th toughest schedule this year. A big difference from 09. NE is the division champ has the 6th toughest with the Jets playing the same win/loss % teams as Miami. Not that I put much stock in that but...

We will be in the hunt in a 3 way race for the division crown only because we always play tough in the division.

Date: April 13, 2010 10:12AM

The difference between the Pats and Fins is the Pats have a hall of fame QB, Coach, and WR.

At the end of the day that counts for something.

I think Ken broke it down correctly.

Date: April 13, 2010 10:25AM

That's the reason I put them in the race for the division title but bad drafts catch up to you sooner or later.

He did break it down accurately but he also said..."on paper".

On paper we shouldn't have swept the Jets last year or won the division the year before.

Date: April 13, 2010 11:39AM

The Jets lost Thomas Jones, TJ is a stud, that was a big loss. I still dont believe you can sign a handful of "character questioned" free agents, who other teams did not want, who have never played together and consider them a great team, the players we signed last year as Fa vs, who we cut or let go, did not make us a better team. As a matter of fact Denver and Mike Nolan took a bunch of Phins rejects and took an awful defense and made them strong. I agree that on paper all of the Jets offseason activity, make them appear strong on paper but that is it. ........if you wanna crown them! Then crown their a--... but not me. I think the phins end up with a better record then the Jets and patriots next year and win the division. Mike Nolan and Dansby filled some good holes, the young guns in Vontae and Smith, Will Allen back, Merlin and Langford, Wake and JT, and some young guys. Plus a strong offensive line. I wouldnt bet against us!....... I just dont get why we have some many downers about the phins and hype guys for the Jets on this site. F the Jets. Until they beat us they dont deserve any respect from us. Offseason Champions are BS. When was the last time and NFL Offseason Champ won the Super Bowl. The Giants, The Steelers, The Patriots. Sorry but I dont by the Jets Hype! Get behind your team and let the Jets have to earn their respect on the football field like everybody else.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 13, 2010 12:11PM

Just to add to Crowder's sentiments, the Jets were pretty fortunate on the injury front last year, if I recall correctly.

We lost our starting seasoned CB, a top 5 when healthy RB, OL to the point of ridiculous lineups at the end of the Carolina game, our starting QB who was the 2009 NFL MVP runner-up, our anchor NT. Our best player at just about every premium position was lost in 2009. Then we had a D-Coor who couldn't seem to put people in position to defend successfully and an OLB who wouldn't come off the field and a Safety who was essentially invisible while on the field.

For me, there's a ton of uncertainty, but I have a ton of optimism.

Date: April 13, 2010 03:34PM

Well we are sitting right now with as many holes as we had last year when the players were on IR....5 starters.

Right now we need starters at NT, WR, OLB x 2, FS and LG...not to mention the players coming back from injury.

LG and the second OLB is not as big a concern but still a need.

I haven't given up hope but I reserve the right to change my mind after the draft.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 13, 2010 04:08PM

Date: April 13, 2010 04:31PM

No one needs your invitation or permission to be a Dolphins fan. Just because a few people recognize the obvious doesn't make them Jets fans.

By the same token...I'm not, unlike some other people going to do any ball washing for Parcels either...or any other regime that has only been here for a few years. Been disappointed too many times since Shula left to put all my eggs in that basket.

Give me a playoff victory in 2010 and I'll reassess the situation but it's a little soon to be anointing the "trifecta" as saviors just yet.

They have a lot of work to do.

Personally I am not impressed with the signing of NFL's problem children like Cromartie, Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards or giving up draft picks for Sanchez or the release of their leading rusher and the signing of a washed up RB like LT.

I hate the Jets and always have. I hate the fact that Jets fans are louder than Dolphin fans at divisional games. I hate the fact that the best player the Dolphins have had for the last 13 years is being recruited by the Jets. Even more than that, I hate that the FO is letting it happen.

I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady and I hated the Bills in the 90's...none of that will ever change.

Sounds to me like your more upset at the attention the Jets are getting but don't hate on a few here for recognizing a tough rivalry and talent.

Date: April 13, 2010 04:42PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one needs your invitation or permission to be a
> Dolphins fan. Just because a few people recognize
> the obvious doesn't make them Jets fans.
>

Welcome to the club eesti smileys with beer

Date: April 13, 2010 04:59PM

Date: April 13, 2010 05:48PM

Date: April 14, 2010 02:05AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.