HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2 weeks till draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2 weeks till draft
Posted by: camaron ()
Date: April 05, 2010 03:01PM

And we have no clue what the brass is thinking. Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle, Dan Williams, Graham (Michigan), Spiller........my choice, trade!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 weeks till draft
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: April 05, 2010 03:34PM

I wouldn't say we have no clue. We have a large history with Parcells and the type of player that he likes to draft in the first round.

The players with size limits and character flags should be removed from the draft board.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 05, 2010 04:12PM

never can tell about the character flags...Last year was Vontae Davis. The thing that may keep them from taking Bryant is football IQ or intelligence. I agree we can remove Earl Thomas and Graham bc of size.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 05, 2010 04:45PM

Jim B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't say we have no clue. We have a large
> history with Parcells and the type of player that
> he likes to draft in the first round.
>
> The players with size limits and character flags
> should be removed from the draft board.

Except that recent moves have contradicted that sentiment.

Date: April 05, 2010 08:13PM

Sergio kindle

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 07:19AM

how stupid is it that we pull players who most everyone agrees will be very good in this league and who have produced against big time competition (graham, thomas) b/c they don't fit some size criteria that last suceeded with the Giants in the 1980s? I don't see how being 2 inches shorter than you'd like will mean you are not going to succeed at LB--what difference will this really make, other than maybe in batting down passes?

If we pick Kindle I will be pissed, he did not produce at a high level which I think should be the most important consideration. I'd rather have McClain than him.

We will probably end up taking Dan Williams, unfortately. Though this may be the first draft ever where there isn't one player who ligitimately could be there at 12 that I really really want to take. I mean other than the safety from Tenn, who could really fall to us that would be better than those already predicted to be avaialble? Usually i am watching the draft excited when a player I want is falling. I think I am pulling for Clausen or an OT to fall to us to make a trade down more likely.

Date: April 06, 2010 08:16AM

The Dolphins staff said they stick to the prototype with size because if they deviate from that here and there..."you look down in a few year years and you have a small team"

By the same token, the same could be said for head case players but that didn't stop them from signing Incognito.

Personally I don't see the problem with drafting a FS that is 5'10 1/2 and 208 lbs. If he is 208 at 5'10 and another FS is 6' and 208...then doesn't that mean the shorter player is stockier and has more muscle? Who knows anything when it comes to this regime?\

Oh...and last year our safeties were supposed to be interchangeable...we have a new scheme this year that requires the FS to play center field more so whats the problem with having Earl Thomas when he is a ball hawk?

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2010 08:18AM by eesti.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 06, 2010 08:22AM

I'm not sure they always stick to their prototype. Pat White doesn't strike me as a prototypical QB...or whatever else they intended to do with him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 08:42AM

size and build wise Pat White is so far from a prototypical qb it's not even funny

Date: April 06, 2010 09:13AM

I hope he is saving that 2.4 mil he earns in his first two years.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 06, 2010 11:30AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 06, 2010 03:42PM

Gibril Wilson is 6' even, 205. When he came out of college, he weighed 197. Yeremiah Bell is 6'0, 205. The 6'0 is debatable, because when he came out of college, he was measured to be 5'11, 193 at the combine. How is Earl Thomas too small at 5'10.5, 208?

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:16PM

Only 2 weeks...I am ecstatic. And scared.

We got extremely lucky SEAN SMITH was still on the board last year.

Date: April 06, 2010 05:04PM

Yes very lucky!

Someone will fall again this year...an hopefully we don't pass on guys like Connor Barwin, Max Unger, Mohammed Massoquoi, LeSean McCoy, Sebastian Vollmer, Mike Wallace for a project like Pat White. Not that we had needs at all those positions but it was talent.

I think that was out of character and won't happen again....you know for someone like Dexter McCluster or Tim Tebow at 43 or something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.