HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft Status
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft Status
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 10:56AM

I'm not a college football fan, so for me the draft isn't the focus of the season that it seems to be for so many of you, but I don't get it. With all the posturing and manuevering so prevalent this time of year, this guy's stock rising and that guy's stock falling, how can anything really change since nobody is playing now? Unless a guy gets killed, I can't see his value being anything other than what it was on the last day of the season. On draft day, in spite of all the excitement, that's how it seems to shake out. Is all of this hoopla just to keep you interested until the real season starts?

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft Status
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 05, 2010 11:06AM

The combine in February along with the players indiviual pro day at his college in March has a lot to do with guys stock rising and falling. The other big factor is when the players sit down and interview with a team. Like Dez Bryant in Miami last Thursday and Friday. That either helped or hurt his stock with the Fins. An Dez (as will most top players) will sit and talk to about 6-10 teams on a one-on-one basis.

Plus free agency, like this McNabb trade hurt Jimmy Clausen. He could have gone to Washington high in the draft, now there are mock drafts out today having him falling all the way to the bottom of Rd 1. So who goes where and what teams add at what positions plays a huge factor in where guys go.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 05, 2010 11:07AM

My brother and I have a saying, the most boring NFL news is more entertaining than the most important (insert sport) news. I believe that the stock of certain players goes up and down at this point in the year because information(personal mostly)comes out about them. Work ethic, past transgressions, cleat incidents, etc.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 11:13AM

I'm not sure that I buy that any personal "news" on these kids changes anybody's mind about them, but the statement,"the most boring NFL news is more entertaining than the most important (insert sport) news." is certainly true.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.