HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Daniel Snyder is back at it!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Daniel Snyder is back at it!!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 05, 2010 10:10AM

but they don't have a 2nd (McNabb) and a 3rd, and 6th round pick this year from other DUMB moves!!!

That's the point! You don't rebuild this way. They hardly have a draft this year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 10:11AM by MikeO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 11:04AM

I think you would be talking out of the other side of your mouth if it had been Buffalo that had done the deal.

Rick

Date: April 05, 2010 11:09AM

why? Buffalo would have been just as dumb. They got a HUGE rebuilding project on their hands, trading for a QB and giving up high picks for a guy who won't be there when the team is good again is just dumb!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 05, 2010 11:10AM

Eh, they tried though. Just didn't have the right draft pick to give up. I found it interesting that the Skins offered Haynesworth as well but Philly rejected it. Probably cuz he's overpaid.

Date: April 05, 2010 11:13AM

Haynesworth takes too many plays off. He doesn't even try half the time. Lazy

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 05, 2010 02:16PM

Adam_Schefter

This didn't take long: Redskins and QB Donovan McNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, have begun discussions for a contract extension.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 05, 2010 03:10PM

the extension is only 1 part of it. The guy will be 34 years old this upcoming season. That team is horrible, has almost no draft picks this year, and the players they are bringing in are old.

By the time they blow it up, rebuild it back up, McNabb will be totally washed up as a player. Making this trade even worse

They have gave up their picks in rounds 2,3,and 6 this year. Round 5 and 7 are crap shots anyway. They can't get better. They went from the last place team in the NFC East to.....well the last place team in the NFC East just with older players

Date: April 05, 2010 04:45PM

Tom Brady will be 33, Manning 34, McNabb is 3rd in winning % for active QB's.

I am not arguing that the Redskins are not foolish with philosophy but McNabb is the best decision they have made in years.

They will have better coaching/management this year as well. Not good last year.

Defense is good (10TH ranked) and will be better with Haslet as DC. They have RB talent. They have young WR's but no one that jumps out at you yet. They also have Santana Moss who could have a good year with McNabb and Shanahan's system.

They still have the 5th pick this year and could go many different directions. They need a LT but I'm not sure who fits the zone blocking scheme out of the top recruits. They had a very good line in Denver with very late round picks....athletic ability over size.

They could draft Dez Bryant to fire up the offense but they spent 3-2nd rounders in 08 on receivers. They have two very good TE's in Cooley and Davis.

They can also trade Campbell to a QB needy team for a lineman or FS unless they take Eric Berry.

I dont think they will be that bad....9 wins at least with McNabb....I hope they sweep Philly.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:14PM

Agreed eesti, I'd be willing to bet they dont finish last in that division...........wait for it..........wait for it.....here it comes..........Ladys and Gentlemen......MIKEO

Date: April 05, 2010 05:15PM

9 wins....you have 3 teams in that division ahead of them. They all can't win 9 or more.

Redskins won 4 last year. If they win 5 or 5 this year I would be shocked.

And Im not sold on Shanhan as a coach. Take away Elway and he has done NOTHING

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:34PM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:53PM

They did have a choice..they didn't have to trade him at all.

Rick

Date: April 05, 2010 05:58PM

Shanahan's success history as a member of the Bill Walsh coaching tree is hard to argue with...

He is a great guy when it comes to offense and offensive personnel and getting the most of their talent.

Defense was his downfall in Denver. More specifically, defensive personnel. The Redskins are good on defense and just need to add a few more pieces to the puzzle. Offense is where the Redskins need help so it is a perfect fit.

Elway was a great player no doubt but at the end the success was due more to his supporting cast than Elways declining abilities. They were a running team and Elway was not the guy that put up huge passing numbers in his last couple of years. He no longer had to carry the team.

I find it hard to imagine that Kolb is going to lead the Eagles to much success in his first year. He will struggle and cost them some games.

NY is declining and Manning isn't capable of carrying the team. Their running game isn't what it once was and the defense has gotten much worse and has holes.

I think it will be a tight division and the Skins have as good a chance as anyone to win it. Dallas is the clear favorite as of now but they are not consistent. Just my opinion but well see what happens.

Date: April 05, 2010 06:41PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 9 wins....you have 3 teams in that division
> ahead
> > of them. They all can't win 9 or more.
>
>
> Sure they can.
>
> Each team plays 6 divisional games and 10 non
> divisional games.
>
> If they each go 3-3 in the division then all a
> they would have to do is go 6-4 outside the
> division to all finish 9-7.
>
> Granted, its not likely, but its far from
> impossible.
>
>
> Just last year (2009) 3 teams in the AFC North
> went 9-7 or better.
>
> The year before that 3 AFC East teams were 9-7 or
> better.
>
> That same year the NFC East AND the NFC South each
> had 3 teams 9-7 or better and the 4th team was
> 8-8.
>
> In 2007 The AFC South AND NFC EAST had all 4 teams
> at 8-8 or better.
>
> In 2002, The AFC EAST and AFC South booth had all
> 4 teams at .500 or better as well.

Point being Washington is CLEARLY the worst of the 4 teams in that division and they ALL can't win 9 or more.

Date: April 05, 2010 06:45PM

eesti Wrote:

>
> I think it will be a tight division and the Skins
> have as good a chance as anyone to win it. Dallas
> is the clear favorite as of now but they are not
> consistent. Just my opinion but well see what
> happens.

I like ya eesit, but your lost on this issue. Dallas and Philly are light years ahead of Washington when it comes to talent level. And the Giants are still a clear cut above. And don't knock Eli he is the only QB in that division with a ring and has won big games in January!

Washington aint' going from 4 wins to 9 wins by adding 1 guy. And the one guy who's best days are behind him. They lost to the LIONS last year. THey are horrible. They were a 4 win team for a reason and he even ain't that great anymore. They have no offensive line at all. They have 1 WR who is worth anything. And now they have 3 old broken down running backs. This team was on par with the 1-15 Dolphins squad. Void of talent everywhere but unlike us, they have no draft picks to re-stock the cupbord. Adding McNabb helps a little, but it won't DOUBLE their win total

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 06:53PM

I live in DC, the redskins suck but a lot of that had to do with a loser at coach and qb. I agree they are probably the worst talent in the division but they made major upgrades at head coach and QB this offseason, which should be worth 4 or 5 wins or so. Their defense was good

Date: April 05, 2010 09:15PM

Only time will tell.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 05:47AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 05:57AM

If and a big IF is that if the Redskins fix their Oline they will be in the hunt for 2nd place in the AFC East. They have some talented WR and a you TE that should have breakout years. They do need a veteran qb like McNabb to stabilize this team. Campbell gets a lot of blame but I actually like the kid. He was always confronted w/ learning a new offense for most of his career since he never had full command of an offense he could never take command of the team. If I were a gm I would grab him for 3-4 rnd pick.

I live in MD and follow the skins a bit

Date: April 06, 2010 05:58AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 06:22AM

WTF its the Redskin's that philosophy has been in their blood since the early '70s. In '72 they got to the super bowl w/ a bunch of old timers.

Date: April 06, 2010 08:09AM

The Skins already released...

Randy Thomas, G
Cornelius Griffin, DT
Antwaan Randle El, WR/PR
Rock Cartwright, KR/RB
Fred Smoot, CB
Ladell Betts, RB
Todd Collins, QB

Samuels retired at 32. Smoot will be 31 next month. Cartwright, Betts and Randle El are 30, Thomas and Griffin 34 and Collins 38.

They signed....

Phillip Buchanon CB, 29
Rex Grossman QB, 29
Larry Johnson RB, 30
Maake Kemoeatu NT, 31
Willie Parker RB, 29
Artis Hicks RG, 31
Will Montgomery RG, 27

They have...

Clinton Portis RB, 28
Casey Rabach C, 32
Stephon Heyer, RT, 26
Derrick Dockery LG, 29
Mike Williams RT, RG 30
Phillip Daniels DE, 37

They are definitely not a young team but they are not what I would call old either. Their plan is to win now, not rebuild. If they are smart and lucky, they will trade down from #4 and add a second round pick.

They are switching to a 3-4 defense or at least a hybrid system. That means Orakpo and Andre Carter will be their OLB's with London Fletcher and Rocky McIntosh as ILB's. Haynseworth as the NT.

It will be interesting to watch how they do this year.

Date: April 06, 2010 08:45AM

If they win 9 games next year as so many think is "possible" I will donate $500 to a charity everyone can agree on.

They won't sniff 9 games next year

Date: April 06, 2010 09:05AM

That's a safe bet for you, not because they won't get to 9 games, but because getting everyone to agree upon anything on this board is not possible.

Date: April 06, 2010 09:09AM

The eesti foundation is my favorite

Date: April 06, 2010 09:14AM

Odenn Wrote:
> That's a safe bet for you, not because they won't
> get to 9 games, but because getting everyone to
> agree upon anything on this board is not possible.

OK then I will pick the charity. eye rolling smiley

Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund

Date: April 06, 2010 11:25AM

I'd pick the Kick MikeO's addiction to emoticons foundation. 500 might not be enough though, cuz we're talking long term, in house treatment with medication.

Date: April 06, 2010 01:15PM

I would be satisfied just to hear you say you were wrrrrrr....wrrrrr...wrronng. Then hell would freeze over. hot smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 06, 2010 02:34PM

eesti Wrote:
> I would be satisfied just to hear you say you were
> wrrrrrr....wrrrrr...wrronng. Then hell would
> freeze over. hot smiley

I thought this was a serious bet eesti

Date: April 06, 2010 03:20PM

eesti Wrote:
> I would be satisfied just to hear you say you were
> wrrrrrr....wrrrrr...wrronng. Then hell would
> freeze over. hot smiley

If thats all you want I will save the $500 bucks then. Hey thats your call.

I say when Im wrong. I said it a month ago when we cut Gabril Wilson. Never thought we would eat that kind of money, came here and said I was wrong.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.