HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ken Hamlin CUT!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ken Hamlin CUT!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 02, 2010 08:44AM

The Cowboys are cutting FREE SAFTEY Ken Hamlin and OT Flozel Adams. Our coaches have ties to these guys from their days in Dallas obviously

I would bet a large sum of money Hamlins is Miami's next FS! And I wouldn't be shocked to see Adams brought to Miami as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ken Hamlin CUT!
Date: April 02, 2010 08:59AM

Adams has only missed 14 games in 13 years. I know he is a career left tackle, if he could play right tackle and we could move Vernon inside to GUARD (where he has started for us before)......that would be sweet.

Not sure if Adams can also play RT, most left tackles can make that transition. And not sure if Carey still has the ability to play Guard at his current weight. He might have to drop some lbs. But this would be an option worth exploring.

And if they could pull off a move like that then it makes getting rid of Smiley easier to take

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 02, 2010 09:38AM

Why would we want to move Carey? He is one of the best RT's in the league. We are not paying him 42 mil to be a guard.

Adams is a turnstile and was cut for a reason. He gave up at least 8 sacks last year. How he ever made the pro bowl is a mystery to me. He is 35 and washed up. Also one of the league leader in false starts.

Hamlin is worse than Gibril Wilson as a FS. Terrible in coverage. He was cut for a reason as well.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 02, 2010 09:56AM

Missed 4 games last year, 0 forced fumbles, 0 ints last year.

1 forced fumble and 1 int two years ago.

I'd pass on Hamlin too.

Date: April 02, 2010 10:21AM

Hamlin is better than anyone we got.

And it would let us maybe putting off saftey for a year. And hopefully a year from now Clemons is ready to step in and start.

Lets us maybe avoid drafting a saftey this year

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 02, 2010 10:36AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hamlin is better than anyone we got.
>
This from a guy that said getting rid of Wilson was addition by subtraction? How could you say Hamlin is better? He's a complete unknown to us.

Date: April 02, 2010 10:50AM

Wilson was one of the worst FS in all of football and he wasn't a natural FS. And Hamlin might be unkown to YOU. But to anyone who follows the NFL has seen him play.

Hamlin has been a solid NFL players the past few years. You can't judge everything by INT's. The guy had over 100 and 90 tackles a few years ago. He's smart, he knows the position well.

Ya can't expect a pro bowler at every position. Hamlin is a solid 1 year stop gap at a position we have a big void at. He is a natural FS, Wilson wasn't. Can't compare.

Date: April 02, 2010 10:51AM

I think Culver could be a very good FS if given the chance. He has always done well in limited opportunities.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 02, 2010 11:03AM

Culver and Clemons would get more time this year. Hamlin as the starter, have the 2 kids fight it out as a backup to see who takes over the role in 2011

Date: April 02, 2010 11:07AM

Atogwe or Sharper. Dallas is looking at OJ.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 02, 2010 01:02PM

The last 2 years combined, Hamlin has 126 tackles, 1 INT, and just 4 passes defensed. 1 INT and 4 passes defensed in two years combined! That is beyond awful. We could sign him to a cheap 1 year deal and let him compete for a job, but no way does he really address our FS needs.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 01:12PM

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!!!! thumbs up

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 05:22PM

Sign Hamlin before Seattle resigns him!

Sign Jeff Garcia

Trade Camarillo, Smiley & Thigpen(preferably Pennington) & load up on picks

Dez or Golden tate or Spiller
Koa Misi
Gerhart/Hardesty or Benn/Lafell/Gilyard
Linval Joseph, Torrel Troup, or Lamar Houston
Owusu Ansu or Robert johnson or Brandon Ghee, Da'mon Cromartie Smith
Pitta, Clay Harbor, or Jamison Konz, Scott Sicko
Obrien Schofield Micah Jophnson, or Boo Robinson
Joe Webb, David Nelson, Stephen Williams

Mike Kafka if we trade Thigpen

Date: April 02, 2010 06:06PM

I like the idea of taking a #1 player at the certain position WR/RB/OLB/NT. I will rely on the REGIME to help us make the decesions...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 06:24PM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Date: April 02, 2010 06:22PM

eye popping smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out cut for missing your plane back from the eye popping smiley PLAYBOY Mansioneye popping smiley ...sign this guy up. He was a fan favorite in Dallas and there's good reason to do the deal. A year ago I was hoping for an oppertunity to acquire this guy.

Date: April 02, 2010 07:59PM

Ken Hamlin is horrible in coverage, I honestly think culver can start for us this year, He makes plays when hes in the game

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 03, 2010 12:29PM

He is pretty much like Ryan Clark

Date: April 03, 2010 05:16PM

Clark is way better than Hamlin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.