HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fins meet with Dez
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fins meet with Dez
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 01, 2010 09:19PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fins meet with Dez
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 01, 2010 10:11PM

I am going to love it if we draft this kid! Would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 05:07AM

there are about 5 different defensive players we could have at 12, all of which are about as good as the other and all of which could easily be had later in the draft depending on how it shakes out. Dez on the other hand is by far the best at his position and a top 5 talent, and would immideiately make our team better. So, despite all his problems, I'd be happy taking him at 12.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 02, 2010 06:16AM

At 6'-2" with 4.55 speed, what is it that makes him such a cant miss top 5 talent? With all of the immature acts and lack of discipline, I dont see it.

Date: April 02, 2010 06:27AM

well the case will be made he has better than 4.55 speed. He just didn't have the right cleats.

I have heard McShay and Kiper say he is the best WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson. He rates out higher than Crabtree last year.

There is no dobut this kid can play on an NFL level....but can he keep his head screwed on straight. And will he sign a contract before Halloween!

Date: April 02, 2010 06:46AM

Bad agent, suspended (or quit?) from his team, sub-par 40, forgets his cleats to the most important day for his football future and shows an all out lack of maturity, on top of that we have a brain-trust that doesn't want any diva-recievers and a leader in Parcells who has never taken a WR in the 1st round of any draft that he has run. Again, this visit looks like a smoke screen and I just dont see us taking him at 12........now if we trade down and he's there later, maybe.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: April 02, 2010 06:51AM

I thought I knew who they would draft, but the more it goes the more confused I become.

Date: April 02, 2010 06:53AM

I agree that we probably don't take him at 12. 1 red flag is one thing. Having like 7 is another!!

BUT the smokescreen could work the other way as well. With all the negative stuff about this kid, nobody thinks he's a "PARCELLS TYPE GUY"....then out of the blue we shock everyone and take him. That might be the smokescreen actually.

We got Henning and Sparano saying we want no Diva WR's in the press and giving quotes on it. Maybe to throw people off the track that we really want Dez.

Not saying its true, but that could be the smokescreen as well. Works both ways

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 02, 2010 08:22AM

I'm starting to feel really good about trading down. If McClain or Bryant fall to #12, SOME team is bound to want to trade up to get them. Wouldn't it be cool if we dropped a few spots, got an extra 2nd rounder, and still picked up either Earl Thomas or Dan Williams in the 1st round?

Date: April 02, 2010 08:54AM

I don't think any teams will move up in this draft though to around #12. I mean it could happen but I don't see any team making the financial investment in one of these players who have red flags .

Date: April 02, 2010 08:55AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 02, 2010 10:40AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think any teams will move up in this draft
> though to around #12. I mean it could happen but I
> don't see any team making the financial investment
> in one of these players who have red flags .

I don't know. If Bryant and McClain really grade out as high as we're hearing, some team is really going to want them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised of NE wants to trade up and give us one of their 2nd rounders. Only problem is, that's one of the few teams I wouldn't want to trade with.

Date: April 02, 2010 10:52AM

New England has had horrible drafts of late. I WOULD LOVE to take picks away from them. Let them move up they got no clue as to what they are doing anyway. Especially since Pioli left

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 05:44PM

WR's drop off real fast in this draft unless their are some Colston like sleepers like Carlton Mitchell.

We have to take one round 1 or 2

Dez (High Risk/Reward) or Golden Tate(Conservative solid pick)

Thomas, Benn, Lafell, Gilyard

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 02, 2010 06:01PM

He didn't forget his cleats...he didn't have his FAVORITE cleats. Big difference.

If Bryant is there at #12 we should take him...period. The claches can work on his maturity later and impose sanctions too.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: April 02, 2010 06:02PM

If he is as talented as others say, then we have to take him. I don't believe drugs and alcohol have been an issue so, if that is true, then I am not as worried about the off the field stuff. We need a star play maker in the worse way. Grab him and then draft defense the rest of the way.

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 07:49PM

The Dolphins need a game changer .......Dez Bryant is worth the risk. Back in the day if you remember we could have drafted Randy Moss ....Remember ? Don't let this guy get away from us. Pick the best available player !

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 02, 2010 07:57PM

Yes. I read the article, too. So, what's your point? Do you have an opinion on the matter?

Rick

Date: April 02, 2010 08:36PM

Im not so worried about his off the field stuff, in the NFL he will have a babysitter at all times. Unlike in college.

Im worried he won't sign a contract till mid-October. His agent scares me more than he does

Date: April 03, 2010 01:37AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 03, 2010 05:25AM

Maybe we take him and trade him to Dallas, Drop down take Tate and pick up a second?

Date: April 03, 2010 08:58AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He didn't forget his cleats...he didn't have his
> FAVORITE cleats. Big difference.
>
> If Bryant is there at #12 we should take
> him...period. The claches can work on his maturity
> later and impose sanctions too.

The article I read said he forgot them and had to run out and buy new cleats the day of the workout.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 03, 2010 09:29AM

"I think they're interested in me a lot," Bryant said of the Cowboys, according to Watkins' report. "I think Miami is, too."

Date: April 03, 2010 11:36AM

Dez brought 6 pairs of cleats with him, but his #1 pair. The pair that was broken in correctly and the pair he needed to use he forgot.

So he had to use a back-up pair of cleats that weren't broken in correctly and caused him to slip and slide alot.

therefore, its safe to say he forgot his cleats!!

Date: April 03, 2010 12:28PM

He could of just been using the "forgoten cleats" as an escuse for a slow 40 time also. Who knows.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 03, 2010 05:00PM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: April 03, 2010 05:14PM

Dez does not seem to fit this regimes type at receiver...

Smart, Tough, & Disciplined is not what you think of when considering Dez. He has good size. He doesn't have down field speed. He has good quickness. He doesn't always tell the truth. He doesn't always bring the right shoes. And he makes excuses when he doesn't meet expectations.

During his private workout he didn't even finish two of the drills. What is that all about? He left poor Mike Mayock dumbfounded on that one.

If Deon Sanders is his mentor, he still has a lot of work to do.

Date: April 04, 2010 06:12PM

I don't know much about his agent (just enough to make me uncomfortable), but it seems to me that young players seem to do dumb things in spite of the"babysitters". This guy makes me uneasy, to say the least.

Rick

Date: April 04, 2010 06:20PM

No, no difference at all.

Rick

Date: April 08, 2010 05:33AM

Heard Gil Brandt (Gil is old but I respect his opinion) on NFL radio yesterday say the Dez should be drafted in the 20 to 30 range (dont quote me on those numbers but it was later in the 1st rnd) but he said his notes also said he was a top 10 talent. Tells me that his inside info on him is he's a head case.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.