HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Shaun Rogers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Shaun Rogers
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2010 02:52PM

The whole point is that Dr. Feelgood said that 1) we should relax because the guy really didn't intend harm and 2) people get hysterical about guns and it's all about anti-gun sentiment.

He is wrong on both counts.

Number 1, the point is that no one can read anyone's mind. The rules are there for everyone. No one is saying that he should now be tried as a terrorist. If you read all of the posts before what I must say is your ridiculous post, Dr. Feelgood, everyone was calling him stupid.

You jump in and accuse us all of overreacting because of guns.

Even with your last post you just don't get it that it is not about his intent or even about guns in general. It is about someone being STUPID ENOUGH in a post 911 era to try to take a gun on as carry-on luggage and somehow thinking that is okay.

To that degree I disagree that he just forgot. Nor do I think he was up to any evil. He is just an idiot who doesn't know, as someone above has pointed out, that with 911, the rules have all changed.

Dr. Feelgood, it appears that you yourself share in the same condition that you "just don't see what all the fuss is about."

It isn't about hating guns. It's about why would you want someone on your team stupid enough to think that he could actually carry a loaded gun on an airplane in this day and age.

If you don't believe the people on this board, go and ask some of your friends but my opinion of your intelligence is beginning to wane.

And BTW, I'm a gun owner myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 10, 2010 03:14PM

Remember when Switzer did this pre 9-11

Date: April 11, 2010 12:42PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Look at the news that generated from the guy
> that
> > just joked he was going to blow up the plane
> and
> > had no weapons.
>
>
> That particular incident made a lot of news
> headlines because that guy is a Qatari diplomat.

RESPONSE: That might be debateable. I think at least it would have been a 1-day story if an average Joe had made that comment and been tackled and inspected up the WaZooo.

Nonetheless, the point is that you sneak a smoke on a cigarette in the restroom on an airplane in 1978, and then you come out and the stewardess asks you what was all the smoke about and you say, "I was just trying to light my shoes," and all that happens is you go back to your seat being thought of as some clown who thinks he's a comedian but is not.

Of course, you talk about lighting your shoes or your underwear while on an airplane in flight nowadays and ........................

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:22PM

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> Of course, you talk about lighting your shoes or
> your underwear while on an airplane in flight
> nowadays and ........................

Yeah exactly. Now try being a government official from a nation on the Arab Peninsula and talk similarly these days. that raises even more eyebrows, even if the guy gets a pass for being a Diplomat.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 11, 2010 01:32PM

Date: April 11, 2010 09:52PM

Actually, affiliated with Al Queda more specifically.

Date: June 09, 2011 03:57PM

Just thought this was a good thread to revive in light of the release of Burress from prison. It will do some good to remember the facts.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 09, 2011 05:27PM

After reading this old thread, I realized how good it was not to have mikeo on this board anymore.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.