HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Spiller's Stock rising?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Spiller's Stock rising?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 04:39PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spiller's Stock rising?
Posted by: camaron ()
Date: March 29, 2010 05:49PM

I would love for Spiller to drop till 12th so that we can trade our pick for at least 2 or 3 more picks. Maybe a late 1st, a 2nd, and a 4th. Would be nice.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:19PM

smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:43PM

I read this as saying that miami is trying to trade UP into the top 10 to take spiller, which would be moronic.

Date: March 29, 2010 07:02PM

Wait till its our old Cheatriot foes from the NE offering their 3 2nds for SPILLER... would you take it? Would you even pause to think- 'do they know something we do not?'

I'D TAKE IT and RUN. RUN RICKY RUN. And DRAFT EVERY NEED in the 2nd

43 OLB JERRY HUGHES
44 WR ARRELIOUS BENN
47 FS MORGAN BURNETT
53 OLB RICKY SAPP
73 NT TORRELL TROUP

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 29, 2010 07:03PM

Date: March 29, 2010 07:10PM

That dumb? Its NOT really 'that' dumb- to take the #1 RB on everyone's board, when your top 2 are both in CONTRACT YEARS.

Date: March 29, 2010 07:15PM

Taking a RB #1 is dumb. TRADING UP TO TAKE ONE when you got Ricky and Ronnie already and holes everywhere on your roster is career sucicide!!

OK they are in contract years. Meaning they will give you 125% next year so they get their next big contract. You know you will get their best next year. With can't RB simply wait a year? CJ Spiller ain't Walter Payton for christ sakes!!

More people are worried about a 3rd string RB than a starting FS, NT, OLB, WR..etc. It's UNBELIEVABLE!! You guys want to draft a 3rd string RB in rd 1!

Date: March 29, 2010 07:23PM

believe it... drinking smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:26AM

I say MikeO for president on this one....and Mike I don't think it's "more people", it's a small few clamoring for Spiller.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:48AM

Someone is smoking the drapes on taking Spiller number one.

If they add to that moving up to take him ... all the more nutso. I'd have to see it as media babble or a distraction.

We have so many holes to fill its beginning to look like swiss cheese as it stands, why would we focus on one of the few areas we have some talent?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 30, 2010 04:29AM

the article said we are thinking about trading up for him. I think the first few people who responded misread that as saying we are going to trade DOWN with someone who wants spiller at 12. That is SMART; the opposite where we trade up for him is, well, I think MikeO said it best.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 30, 2010 06:34AM

It's all smoke to hide our real intentions. This happens every year before the draft.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2010 08:56AM

This is a repost from what I posted on Ronnie was a 1.5....

Hey folks, the point is again that so many of you are so SECURE in our running back position that you REFUSE to think about taking a running back at No. 12.

If this were five years ago and we had Ronnie and Ricky, I'd see your point.

If you want to write off this season in order to come back with a perfect team the year after next, I'd also see your point because the only guy who made sense, even though I don't agree, is the guy who said that the running back pool will be better in the 2011 draft than the 2010 draft.

But you just watch. We'll have no running game and you guys will be blaming our lack of offense on Henne's inability to generate a passing game.

You guys are amateurs. When you need, AND WE DO NEED, a good running back, quarterback or receiver, you draft them high. You don't gamble on a linebacker in the first round or the high second round UNLESS he is the top college player that year.

Great linebackers usually come from the second half of the second round or below.

As far as a receiver is concerned THAT CAN WAIT ANOTHER YEAR while we see if Ted Ginn can move into the number 1 threat role.

But we need to draft a running back NOW AND WITH THE 12 PICK.

Date: March 30, 2010 10:15AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But we need to draft a running back NOW AND WITH
> THE 12 PICK.

Sorry dude. Not only is it ludicrous to ignore our much bigger needs at NT, FS, and WR, but it just won't happen. Parcells doesn't draft RBs in the 1st round. He knows good RBs can be had in later rounds. We don't need another Ricky Williams (as he was in his prime). We already have 2 1st-round-pick RBs on our roster. We're not going to have a 3rd.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:06PM

as I have mentioned in several other posts...watch out for this guy...

Rumors persist about the Dolphins interest in Clemson’s CJ Spiller, but another tailback that they have been in touch with is Southern Illinois’ Deji Karim, who, at 5’8, 209lbs has an air of Patrick Cobbs to his game.-Sun Sentinal

Patrick Cobbs with 4.3 speed though!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:23PM

Date: March 30, 2010 03:10PM

nope...

Date: April 01, 2010 09:56AM

Date: April 02, 2010 06:36AM

Spiller being soft is a concern. I didn't watch enough of him to make that kind of a call, but I believe what the writer is saying and I will take his word as he seems to have knowledge on this.

Pretty much as long as we DON'T draft McClain or Spiller I got no problem with who we draft at 12. Even if we took the Guard from Idaho I wouldn't be that upset. Lord knows we have a void there now and he seems like to be a safe, sure thing pick

Date: April 02, 2010 08:24AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Even if we took the Guard from Idaho I wouldn't be
> that upset.

You GOT to be kidding!! Do you want half our payroll to be on the offensive line? I don't mind having a good O-Line, but we have much more glaring holes, and Guards can be had in later rounds. How much better can this guy be than someone we pick up in later rounds anyway?

Date: April 02, 2010 08:34AM

He can also play tackle but I still don't want him at 12.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 02, 2010 08:45AM

montequi Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Even if we took the Guard from Idaho I wouldn't
> be
> > that upset.
>
> You GOT to be kidding!! Do you want half our
> payroll to be on the offensive line? I don't mind
> having a good O-Line, but we have much more
> glaring holes, and Guards can be had in later
> rounds. How much better can this guy be than
> someone we pick up in later rounds anyway?

If he his the next Steve Hutchinson that is tough to pass up. I didn't say I wanted him to be the pick. I just said I wouldn't be upset if he was the pick

Date: April 02, 2010 08:35PM

RUMOR today according to Schefter was Jax likes Spiller a lot and is considering teaming him up with MJD to have a big-play type backfield

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.