HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ronnie was .158
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie was .158
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie was .158
Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 25, 2010 03:11PM

wow...that is pretty drunk.

Why do these guys with so much going for them seem to take it for granted and do stupid things?

Date: March 25, 2010 04:14PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 25, 2010 05:32PM

Ok, I gave him the benefit of the doubt until now. With this news, he's lost a TON of my respect. So much for not being able to walk in a straight line for the sobriety test, due his injury.

I'm still a little bit surprised that the police department waited this long to release the info. I was starting to think they were going to drop that charge. Ahem...guess not.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 25, 2010 08:25PM

Shame it had to happen...because it didn't. Simply stupid choice on Ronnie's part.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: March 25, 2010 08:35PM

Why in the hell can't these famous people athletes or not find someone else to friggin drive when they are blasted it makes no sense.

Date: March 25, 2010 08:48PM

He is tough to root for now. I will admit. Double the legal limit. Missing cars head on. THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER! Anyone who has lost a friend or family member to a drunk driver knows this is no joke!!

And the Dolphins should suspend him for a short time come the regular season and show this kind of stuff won't be tolerted. Don't let the NFL do your dirty work. Even if its just for a game or two. Take a stand!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 26, 2010 07:31AM

People make mistakes, but this is totally asinine. No excuse, just plain stupid. Dam!

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 02:06PM

Not defending this one bit....BUT how many young single guys have driven at least once under the influence?

He made a mistake...haven't we all? Move on and run for 1500 yds this season all the while abstaining from alcohol.

Also, instead of these stupid suspensions, the player should be forced to play all the while forfeiting his salary to a worthy cause. It should be written into every contract...screw up like that and you pay with volonteer employment.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 26, 2010 02:18PM

Yep, this is very disappointing. What Ronnie does next will reveal his character. This being his first offense...let's all hope that this is also his last.

I hope that he responds the right way and makes sure that nothing like this ever happens again.

You'd think that these guys would actually start to learn from each others mistakes rather than repeat the same dumb cycle. It should be very clear to everyone on the team that if you drink...you don't drive.

Date: March 26, 2010 05:03PM

miamid45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not defending this one bit....BUT how many young
> single guys have driven at least once under the
> influence?
>
> He made a mistake...haven't we all? Move on and
> run for 1500 yds this season all the while
> abstaining from alcohol.
>
> Also, instead of these stupid suspensions, the
> player should be forced to play all the while
> forfeiting his salary to a worthy cause. It
> should be written into every contract...screw up
> like that and you pay with volonteer employment.

Not that kind of mistake. And there is driving after having a little to drink. Then there is driving when your completly BOMBED and S-Faced!!! There is a BIG DIFFERENCE!! He didn't cross the line, he went way too far over it! The Fins and NFL need to step in and take the correct action.

He was DOBULE the legal limit! That's insane!

And you can't have players play and not get paid. That is illegal. The WWWE tried this when they suspended guys for violating their drug policy (don't laugh) and it was taken to court and they lost! If the guy is gonna work, you gotta pay them! The slave days are over!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 26, 2010 05:16PM

It's not insane at all...I see people quite often that have BAC levels Waaaayyy above a .158 (I'm talking .250 to .300+) and they are just as lucid as someone who has not had a drink at all.

Yes, he was impaired legally and yes, he should be punished for that. Yes, his actions and lack of judgement are exteremely disapointing. But, to imply that he was COMPLETELY BOMBED and S-Faced is a gross overstatement...Maybe he was in fact that far gone but maybe he was not.

On the others side of the coin, I personally know people that are incapable of rational thought after one drink...it depends upon many, many other factors, BAC tests are but one measure and are NOT always a good guage of one's physical or mental incapacitation...The legal syatem, the media and the police would have us all believe that it's the holy grail but it isn't.

Posted by: Phintastic ()
Date: March 26, 2010 06:10PM

MikeO Wrote:
>
> Not that kind of mistake. And there is driving
> after having a little to drink. Then there is
> driving when your completly BOMBED and S-Faced!!!
> There is a BIG DIFFERENCE!! He didn't cross the
> line, he went way too far over it! The Fins and
> NFL need to step in and take the correct action.
>
> He was DOBULE the legal limit! That's insane!
>
> And you can't have players play and not get paid.
> That is illegal. The WWWE tried this when they
> suspended guys for violating their drug policy
> (don't laugh) and it was taken to court and they
> lost! If the guy is gonna work, you gotta pay
> them! The slave days are over!

Then what about fining him a HUGE amount (say two game checks)? I bet with that precedent set, players would become much more responsible.

I'm not sure about the NFLPA's ability to limit fine amounts, but I would think if players started losing major cash for these offenses everyone would be better off.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 06:23PM

It's definitely disappointing after the Stallworth case last year, to think that a player just wouldn't hop in a cab or something.

I still think that he probably felt OK and maybe with his size,etc..{.156} maybe didn't effect him as badly as someone else?

Anyways, still disappointing, dangerous,etc....but he desrves another chance and he seems like the type of guy who is remorseful and can learn from his mistakes.

I wonder what Tiger registered when his wife was clubbing his car?....that seemed to get put under the carpet quickly and already he is getting a 2nd chance.

Date: March 26, 2010 07:05PM

If your gonna fine him game checks, you have to suspend him! Y

Date: March 28, 2010 06:28AM

miamid45 Wrote:
> Not defending this one bit....BUT how many young
> single guys have driven at least once under the
> influence?
>

How many young single guys have driven under the influence, who also happened to be multi-millionaires who can EASILY afford a cab or even a luxury limo to chauffeur them around when they go out drinking? Whose colleagues have been caught recently and KNOW they are under a microscope for these types of things?

I'm sure we all agree that drunk driving is wrong no matter who the driver is, but the above is a clear distinction. He had quite a few more options, plus a bit more to lose, than the average joe on a night out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 06:29AM by JC.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 07:05AM

maybe next time he will remember his options. He will be prosecuted, pay a fine, take a class etc move along folks there is nothing else to see here.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: March 29, 2010 08:30AM

I've never drank and driven in my life. This are the internets afterall

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 29, 2010 10:56AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
> I've never drank and driven in my life. This are
> the internets afterall

sounds like you're drinking right now! drinking smiley

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:39AM

please , before any of you people judge him , evaluate your own lives and lives past .

Date: March 30, 2010 04:16AM

I don't remember any of my past lives.

Date: March 30, 2010 04:58AM

JC Wrote:
> I don't remember any of my past lives.

man u must have been really drunk . no wonder you married your wife .

Date: March 30, 2010 06:21AM

ifShulaWasPrez Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't remember any of my past lives.
>
>
> man u must have been really drunk . no wonder you
> married your wife .

Wow, you're funny.

Date: March 30, 2010 07:11AM

jc , jk .

Date: March 30, 2010 07:36AM

drinking smiley Truth is my wife is the one who (one would think) had to be tricked into marrying me. She's a keeper. And she doesn't drink much..more beer for me thumbs updrinking smiley

Back to the topic, I'd rather deal with Ronnie having a DUI than Joey P. (if I had to choose). Thank goodness he became Arizona's problem before his arrest. Ronnie is worth more to the team with a DUI than Porter with his DUI.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 30, 2010 08:12AM

JC Wrote:
> Ronnie is worth more to the team
> with a DUI than Porter with his DUI.

THAT's an understatement. Heck, Ronnie is worth more to the team WITH a DUI than Porter is worth WITHOUT one.

Date: March 30, 2010 08:13AM

same here on the wife part . lol . man i had to stop drinkin 6 yrs ago , id def be dead by now cause being a fins fan , theres alot of sorrows to drink away ! the wannstedt years , hold on , im about to get sick !

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2010 08:52AM

Hey folks, the point is again that so many of you are so SECURE in our running back position that you REFUSE to think about taking a running back at No. 12.

If this were five years ago and we had Ronnie and Ricky, I'd see your point.

If you want to write off this season in order to come back with a perfect team the year after next, I'd also see your point because the only guy who made sense, even though I don't agree, is the guy who said that the running back pool will be better in the 2011 draft than the 2010 draft.

But you just watch. We'll have no running game and you guys will be blaming our lack of offense on Henne's inability to generate a passing game.

You guys are amateurs. When you need, AND WE DO NEED, a good running back, quarterback or receiver, you draft them high. You don't gamble on a linebacker in the first round or the high second round UNLESS he is the top college player that year.

Great linebackers usually come from the second half of the second round or below.

As far as a receiver is concerned THAT CAN WAIT ANOTHER YEAR while we see if Ted Ginn can move into the number 1 threat role.

But we need to draft a running back NOW AND WITH THE 12 PICK.

Date: March 30, 2010 09:04AM

in response to cheyrnb ... with the line parcells is building you can put my grandma back there and shell get at least 80-90 yards a game . why waste a no 12 pick on a running back ?

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 30, 2010 09:16AM

There are plenty of good RB's to be had later in the draft. We have a much higher need of other positions(NT/FS are tops imo) to use our 12th on. I'm not debating that we need to start looking for another RB, but I don't think picking one at 12 would be the wisest decision.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.