HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fins not answering JT's phone calls
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Fins not answering JT's phone calls
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 24, 2010 02:08PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fins not answering JT's phone calls
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 24, 2010 03:12PM

Either a negotiating ploy or they have no interest....and why should they when we have....

Cameron Wake, situational pass rusher who can't cover or fight off blocks and defend the run.

Charlie Anderson, situational pass rusher with 17 tackles and 2 sacks.

Erik Walden ST's player with 8 tackles last year and 23 for his career.

RFA (3rd round tender) Quentin Moses who had 6 tackles and 1 sack last year and 17/2.5 for career.

No problem. We will just pluck two starting outside LB'ers in this years draft like we did last year with Smith and Davis and expect them to put enough pressure on the QB as to make our second year CB's and ????? FS give up less big plays....

and/or be stout enough against the run (without a NT than can occupy multiple blockers) so that opposing offenses don't run outside on us all day long.

Yeah...right. Every one of those above players struggle in coverage and against the run. They are basically the same one trick pony. The bright side is that they can play the run better than Porter...not a ringing endorsement.

They have no choice but to sign JT at this point. Wake and Anderson were fine as situational pass rushers coming off the bench but to do it for 50 snaps a game for 16 weeks is a totally different story.

JT played 73 more snaps than Porter last year and more than all but 13 OLB's in the NFL last year....and with an injured shoulder.

He can cover the WOLB spot and still thrive and demand double teams.

That allows us to draft an OLB high who can AT LEAST play run downs on the strong side letting Wake come in for passing downs with Anderson spelling JT occasionally.

Its a no brainer.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 24, 2010 03:44PM

If we dont draft a quality OLB..jason taylor will be on speed dial and jeff ireland will be saying " Hey jason, sorry im just returning your calls, I been really busy on message boards makin fun of rex ryans fat ass but hey u want to come back and play for us?, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 24, 2010 06:46PM

he wants to play here. we can have him for cheap. he's about the same age as julius peppers and they've had very similar careers, yet peppers gets an all time huge contract, and we won't even throw JT 2 million to come play for us? when he wants to finish his career here and is our best D player of all time and still has some left in the tank?

I don't get it. Are we trying to drive him to the Pats? to what end?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 24, 2010 07:12PM

I get and agree with your point but JT is 6 years older than Peppers.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:38AM

I think they're waiting to see what happens with the draft, you risk the chance of losing him, but if they draft 2 OLBs early maybe they think JT won't take a back up job? I like JT and hope he comes back, but i'm not gonna sweat it if he ends up on the Pats/Jets.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 25, 2010 11:52AM

I'd have no problem keeping him even if we do draft and LB, as he could halp bring others along ...

1. However we do have some vet leadership now with Dansby, and the FO may feel like that the risk of losing JT may be offset by the fact that whoever else may be drafting LBs early may be giving up someone they think is serviceable or as good as what we have.

2. I too like JT and hope they keep him. I think he still has a lot to offer (at the right price).

3. I for one think we need to spend our draft picks on one of the MANY other positions of need.

4. If however the right (best value is available) for an LB either at our pick or at the pick we end up with if we trade down ... then that may explain the delay in locking him up... and may also be a negotiating position to keep the proice reasonable.

5. lastly - I do however think they need to the negotiating staff needs to learn how to treat existing, and prospective players with more respect.

- Seems like respect they excel in pissing people off due to the respect thing.

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:11PM

Keep treating players like this in the future and good luck attracting free agents.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 25, 2010 02:57PM

and the tide is turning against the TRIFECTA

If your gonna treat people like this, you better win games to back it up!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.