HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pennington to PUP?!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pennington to PUP?!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 08, 2010 01:47PM

Reports are coming out that Pennington could possibly start the year on PUP. Letting Miami carry Henne, White, and Thigpen. Then make a decision by Week 6.

Also, Pennington right now cannot throw a 15 yard-out pattern.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pennington to PUP?!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 08, 2010 02:29PM

I didn't think he could throw a 15 yard out before the injury...lol, sorry...I had too.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 08, 2010 02:42PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't think he could throw a 15 yard out before
> the injury...lol, sorry...I had too.

Actually, that's a good point. He's never been able to throw a 15 yard out. Certainly not from the far hash.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 08, 2010 02:52PM

This doesn't make sense at all, Ross comes out and says he's gonna spend wisely then doles out 2.5 mil for a guy that wouldn't even be available till week 6? If true this would be a real head scratcher

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 03:00PM by dolphaholic.

Date: March 08, 2010 03:01PM

The reports from a month ago were that he was just waiting on Dr James Andrews to clear him to begin throwing without limits. And that was supposed to be this month. And game 6 is 7 months away. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Date: March 08, 2010 03:07PM

they didn't sign him to play. they want his head more than his body

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:12PM

No CAP...costs count against income, The team makes him money...so he can afford to pay $2.5 million to a player/coach that can help win from the sideline and if necessary on the field.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:14PM

agreed, and the fact that he 'could' jump in later on down the stretch if needed....that doesn't hurt either.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:28PM

Haven't checked, but what's the salary for the average QB coach? I'm guessing Pennington is making more, but how much more?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:43PM

I'm all for the signing as long as he's not out the 1st 6/7 weeks, not for 2.5.....if the whole PUP thing is actully true. If we need him for that cake strictly for his head then we need to fire the QB coach and my only point was that Ross said he was gonna spend wisely and paying a back-up QB 2.5 mil on a one year contract when he's gonna be on the PUP for 6 weeks would not be spending wisely.....again that is IF the whole PUP thing is true, if not i'm all for it.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:46PM

I'd like to see some sources on that PuP report. It just doesn't sound right.

Date: March 08, 2010 04:47PM

well they won't put him on PUP till training camp gets going and thats months away. See how he is progressing then.

But his progress has been slow thus far and its a "possibilty"

Date: March 08, 2010 04:47PM

Omar Kelly reported it today on WQAM

Date: March 08, 2010 05:40PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 08, 2010 05:46PM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 08, 2010 07:20PM

This story says NOTHING about PUP.

Rick

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 08, 2010 09:22PM

I can't figure out why some people don't see the talent in Thigpen. Obviously the Dolphins do or they wouldn't have surrendered a 5th round pick for him last year. I don't think they do that for someone they only see as a stop gap injury replacement.

Their plan even now is to get him more reps and continue to develop him. They would not do that if they didn't see potential.

I have been impressed with him every time I have seen him play. He knows how to move an offense down the field. He scored 22 TD's in only 11 starts for a terrible KC team in 08.

He is only a 3rd year player and did well in his second year with the Chiefs....better than many 1st round QB's have done. He is raw and needs some development. He already has some under his belt and will get more this year.

Last year the idea was for Ronnie Brown to run the Wildcat and Pat White to run the Spread. The Spread is what Thigpen ran in college and in KC. He has excellent running skills and is an athlete. I would not be surprised to see him take on that role for the Phins in 2010.

I love the fact that we are keeping him around. His ceiling is high. I can't same the same for Chad P. as I think we have already seen his ceiling.

KC wasn't successful in 08 but they also had a lousy defense. His stock is going to continue to rise....the more time he gets in the right offense. He just needs to get some more knowledge and eliminate the ints.

I would look for him to play well in pre-season and we could end up with a 2nd round pick for him in a few years not unlike Atlanta got for Matt Shaub.

He is a great insurance policy for Henne in the mean time should Chad struggle or regress.

IMO...he will be a starter someday.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 09, 2010 02:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.