HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WR
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WR
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 09, 2010 10:57PM

ArmandoSalguero

The #Dolphins have spoken with the agent for WR Antonio Bryant, according to a source. But team's interest has been only lukewarm so far.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Geister29 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 08:33AM

I completely agree with eesti about Golden Tate.

Listen with our 5 receivers on our roster i think we have a solid 2-4 group. We need a number one. Bring in Chambers or Troy Holt or anyone else that name isnt Marshall or Boldin is just giving us another role player. I think bess is good in the slot, he had a bit of a sophmore slump with his drops and fumbles. Cam is going to come back stronger with his ACL completely healed. I saw someone post that hartline was a bust? Really? I think he exceeded expectations last year. I think he could turn out to be a productive player. Ted Ginn should be delagated to Punts and Kickoffs and run a fly route once a quarter.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 10, 2010 09:57AM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 10, 2010 02:15PM

Date: March 10, 2010 04:32PM

Date: March 11, 2010 02:08PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 11, 2010 02:31PM

Since no-one commented on my other post about this i'll copy/paste it

Are our young recievers really that bad? I think because they're all young at the same time without a proven veteran it makes this need look more glaring. Here's some stats that might surprise you.
Ted Ginn's 3 yr stats; 128 rec. for 1664 yrds, 5 rec, 2 rushing & 2 KO rets for a total of 9 tds
Vincent Jacksons 3 yr stats; 71 rec for 1135 yrds with 9 total TDs
Miles Austin 3 yr stats; 18 rec for 354 yrds with 3 total TDs
(Austin and P Turner had the exact same 1st year stats; Goose eggs)
Brian Hartline's 1st yr; 31 rec for 506 yrds & 3 tds with a 16.3 avg and a long of 67 yrds. Those 1st yr stats beat Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice and Brandon Marshall's 1st yr stats just to name a few. I'm not trying to say that we have a group of all-pros, all i'm saying is have some patience with these guys. There is still hope for Turner as evidenced by Austin, there's still hope for Ginn as evidenced by V. Jackson and M Austin. I didn't even touch on D. Bess who has pretty impressive stats for only being in his 2nd year. I think adding an aging high-priced Vet would of only stunted their growth. Keep in mind I would of loved to add a stud WR but i'm also not gonna panic, i'll be patient and hope these guys keep devolping like they should and history has shown they could.
No way was Hartline a bust and Bess has pretty good 2 yr stats.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: March 11, 2010 02:41PM

Nice post.Didn't realize the stats. There is hope still. I think we move Hartline to the #1 spot and Ginn to the #2. That is if we don't get a more experienced receiver.

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 11, 2010 06:16PM

ginn could be great if he could catch a deep ball, and thats what people are saying is that we need a reciever who can stretch the field consistantly to open things up for the short throws and the run. Maybe with an extra year to gel with henne ginn will start to bring some of those bombs in. at least lets hope.

Date: March 11, 2010 06:56PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 11, 2010 10:10PM

pvtfish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ginn could be great if he could catch a deep ball,
> and thats what people are saying is that we need a
> reciever who can stretch the field consistantly to
> open things up for the short throws and the run.
> Maybe with an extra year to gel with henne ginn
> will start to bring some of those bombs in. at
> least lets hope.

Don't list Ginn as the starter. Have him be the #4 WR going into camp. Have ZERO expectations for him. Take ALL the pressure off of him. And I think he will be fine. Lower the bar of expectations so its almost on the floor. Let the kid build up some confidence.

Posted by: Geister29 ()
Date: March 12, 2010 02:58AM

Dolphaholic love the post your stats and points go into what im saying if we couldnt bring in Marshall or Boldin dont bring in anyone. I wouldnt mind drafting another one, but completely agree we have a very young receiving core that i was not really down on like many others. I then agree with MikeO about ginn and having zero confidence. Let him build some back up and put him as the Kick and Punt Returner dont keep putting bess out there.

WR
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 13, 2010 09:19AM

I think we have to get Tate or Thomas before the Jets do. Tate & Edwards would improve their receiving threat dramatically. Tate is the next Steve Smith/Hines Ward,, He gives us us that proven deep threat that will open eveyhting up for the others

Thomas is riskier and could be a marshall Bowe type but has route running issues

Bryant seem to have questions or is laying low for someone(Dallas/NY?)

Date: March 13, 2010 12:24PM

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 01:06PM by eesti.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:02AM

I do not want a receiver from Georgia Tech. I don't care how good he is supposed to be. Players from a run oriented school rarely make it in the NFL as a good receiver except for Keith Jackson. He might have been the exception.

Date: March 14, 2010 07:14AM

Finshady Wrote:
> I do not want a receiver from Georgia Tech. I
> don't care how good he is supposed to be. Players
> from a run oriented school rarely make it in the
> NFL as a good receiver except for Keith Jackson.
> He might have been the exception.

OK, where should we start the list of WR's from run oriented colleges who were GREAT in the NFL

Marvin Harrison (Option offense-Syracuse)
Irving Fryer (option offense-Nebraska)
Art Monk (option offense-Syracuse)
Cris Carter (run oriented offense-Ohio St (when he played it was))
Steve Largent (option-Tulsa)
Wes Chandler (run oriented offense-Florida (it as the late 70's))

I could sit here all day and list the names

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 07:31AM by MikeO.

Date: March 14, 2010 10:26AM

Brian Hartline

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 14, 2010 10:40AM

Mike is right. The first thing everybody needs to do with Ginn is drop every bit of expectations. The guy is not Fitzgerald, Wayne, Johnson, or any other great WR, so stop expecting him to be.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 14, 2010 10:49AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Mike is right. The first thing everybody needs to
> do with Ginn is drop every bit of expectations.
> The guy is not Fitzgerald, Wayne, Johnson, or any
> other great WR, so stop expecting him to be.

Agreed. They key is to put him in situations where he's comfortable and can excel. That means KR and #4 WR on wide-open passing downs when Ginn can catch the ball comfortably and use his speed to gain yards. He can also be used on reverses when the defense is overcommiting.

If we don't address the WR position in draft or FA, then I see Hartline and Camarillo as starters with Bess in the slot. If we acquire a #1 WR, my guess is Hartline would be the #2, Camarillo in the slot, and Bess would be let go. Turner is a wildcard in all of this, but I'm not holding out hope. Regardless, I DO see a place for Ginn on this team.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 14, 2010 10:52AM

A & O says,, "Mike is right" eye popping smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 14, 2010 11:03AM

Lol...Mike and I have always agreed on Ted Ginn and his situation.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 15, 2010 01:26PM

f. I have no idea what Nate Burleson has done to be handed $8.125 million in 2010 by Detroit. Fortunate man, one of the only competent receivers in a bad crop of unrestricted free agents. Peter King

Date: March 15, 2010 02:15PM

eesti Wrote:
> f. I have no idea what Nate Burleson has done to
> be handed $8.125 million in 2010 by Detroit.
> Fortunate man, one of the only competent receivers
> in a bad crop of unrestricted free agents. Peter
> King

Well a couple things. He is the best WR of a bad crop. At this stage of his career he is ten times better than a TO, Coles, Chambers Stallworth or those other bums who are on the downside of their careers. He also returns kicks very well. He has been productive when healthy. And there is no salary cap. Burelson is very good and its a case of right place, right time

Date: March 15, 2010 03:07PM

Finshady Wrote:
> I do not want a receiver from Georgia Tech. I
> don't care how good he is supposed to be. Players
> from a run oriented school rarely make it in the
> NFL as a good receiver except for Keith Jackson.
> He might have been the exception.

I don't know. Calvin Johnson from Ga Tech is off to a pretty good start to his NFL career.

Date: March 15, 2010 07:38PM

But Calvin didn't play there with this new triple option style offense they run now. Calvin played in a pro style offense at GT

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.