HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ronnie Brown RFA Tender
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ronnie Brown RFA Tender
Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 03, 2010 10:57AM

So Ronnie is tendered at just under $4million. and any team that signs him gives up a 1st rounder.

Initialy I agreed with Armando's assessment that he would likely be back with the Dolphins.

But then I thought...wait...so some team can acquire Ronnie Brown for a 1st rounder. Ronnie is an excellent pounding RB. He is also the QB of our Wildcat.

So they can get an excellent RB who can effectively run the Wildcat for a 1st round pick.

And, they can take away our most consistent offensive weapon, and neutralize our wildcat offense...For a 1st rounder.

I wonder if there are any teams out there that would be willing to part with a 1st round pick to acquire an excellent everydown, pounding Rb who can run the Wildcat and also reduce our offense?

The Patriots gave us a 2nd & 7th for Wes Welker. Not saying its gonna happen....but I'm just saying.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie Brown RFA Tender
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:01AM

I would be shocked if it happened. Look at the teams at the bottom of Rd 1, those would be the teams ot make such a deal. Cause no team is giving up a high #1 for him.

And I can't find a team that needs a RB that would part with a 1st round pick for Ronnie

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:02AM

We can match any offer he gets and with his inj. history and coming off a major inj I would take a first rndr. for him in a heart beat. Hope someone takes Fasano and gives us a 2nd also.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:04AM

Yeah probably the Patriots in another deal identical to Welker. They have 3 second round picks and we could get 44 to go with 43. Pats have 44, 47 & 53.

Watch out for poison pill.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 03, 2010 11:06AM

There is no poison pill possibility here though for Miami, any team that wants to put one in, fine. I will take their 1st round pick. Even New Englands.

NE has problems cause of an OLD defense. Not their offense. If they want Ronnie that bad enough to part with a 1st round pick, god bless them. Take him

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:56AM

The thing is, Ronnie's injury is a pretty severe one. Teams are not going to part with a first round pick for a guy with a severe injury, who is only under contract for 1 year, and is going to be more expensive than someone they could draft.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:01PM

I wonder if the Jets would do that? The chances are slim but imagine if they did. Wouldn't that give next season some sting.

Date: March 03, 2010 12:03PM

Jets won't do it. Shonn Green might be better than Ronnie anyway, so why pay Ronnie big bucks. Plus with Green and Washington, they dont' need Ronnie

The ONLY team that might part with a pick is Houston. Picking at #20. But I doubt that. You hope Slaton bounces back. You could go sign a Thomas Jones for nothing. So it makes zero sense for any team to part with a 1st for Ronnie

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:04PM

Would there be any situation were we'd sign Jones to a 2 year contract? Seeing as Ricky is done end of the year?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:06PM

the jets are cutting jones who had a better year last year than ronnie ever had. they are not siging brown at the cost of a 1st rounder

i like the move tendering him at a first rounder. however, I wonder if, they would be willing to deal him for a 2d rounder, they didn't tender him at a 2d rounder? I think a team would sign him for that and then we'd have that pick (I think, given the rbs in the draft this year, that I'd deal him for a #2)

Date: March 03, 2010 12:07PM

Why does everyone think Ricky is done after this year? Cause he said so. This guy has lied through his entire career. Plus we don't need to find his replacement for another year.

When Ricky retires, then address it. Until then people need to stop hitting the panic button over this! Seriously, every other post seems to be about Ricky leaving in a year. My god, why the worry about it now!

Date: March 03, 2010 12:10PM

You are right about the poison pill but the Pats also need a RB. They have no one worth his weight. Randy Moss' last year. Welker was injured way late in the season (last game) torn acl/mcl. Brady is no longer magic and they need to take some pressure off of him.

They do need MUCH defensive help too and have LOTS of FA's and have to pay Brady and Wilfork bug money on new contracts.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 03, 2010 12:15PM

If NE wants to give us their 1st round pick for Ronnie Brown. Im sure our front office will help Ronnie pack and throw him a going away party.

I mean seriously, what Fins fan would be upset getting a 1st round pick for Ronnie Brown

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:26PM

I'd probably throw out my back jumping up and kicking my heels together........but I dont see it happenin either.

Date: March 03, 2010 12:37PM

I don't see it happening for a 1st either b/c they could take Spiller at 1 or get another top RB in the 2nd.

Or they could sign Thomas Jones for NO draft picks.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 03, 2010 12:41PM

Seems like a good move to me.

If we don't like who makes the offer we can match it.

Ronnie's a good back, but i doubt we'd see the jets go for him after getting rid of Jones.

Pats might, but again we could match if it gave us too much heartburn.

My gut says there are too many good backs out there to worry about losing him, given the 1st round tender.

Date: March 03, 2010 01:04PM

The Jets are after Darren Sproles to compliment Green since Leon Washington suffered a BRUTAL leg injury.

They just tendered LW with a 2nd round pick.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 03, 2010 01:06PM

Date: March 03, 2010 01:23PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The team to keep an eye on here is San Diego.
>
> They pick 28th and they have been shopping
> Cromartie for a RB for a few weeks.

To do what? We don't need a starting CB and he doesn't fit with our group. His name is to complicated. We only pick Jones, Davis, Allen, Smith and Wilson's....maybe if he were a Thomas or Miller...lol

Hey wait....Thomas...I have a good one in mind.

Date: March 03, 2010 01:48PM

Date: March 03, 2010 01:52PM

I know...it was a joke or an attempt at one.

Date: March 03, 2010 03:33PM

I agree that they need to revamp their offence; however, they also need a solid RB...especially since T.Brady has had pressure issues. No balance is a problem.

They have 3 2nd rounders.

They franchised Wilfork at $7 mill, they can grab Ronnie for $4 mill, take away a key weapon from their division rival, and use their 3 2nds to address defence.

like I said, not saying its GONNA happen; but, it could happen.

Date: March 03, 2010 03:57PM

agreed,

Ronnie Brown is an everydown back that can catch and throw. He isn't LT in his prime...but he can do the type of things LT did.

They can sign RB, give up that low first, and trade Cromartie for a high 2nd.

Ronnie Brown is a Blue Chipper. He might not be an explosive 'home run' hitter...but he is consistent, gets good yards per carry, can get short yardage.

I don't 'want' to see him leave. I would prefer we keep him and get better on D and win WITH him. But this could go down.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 03, 2010 04:19PM

I agree, I'd rather have Brown on our team. We have bigger fish to fry this off season than running back...Next season however, I'd start looking for one if I was in charge.

Date: March 03, 2010 04:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.