HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I want Tebow.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I want Tebow.
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:09AM

I would take this man with one of our second round picks, trade Henne to the Seahawks, or Cardinals for Boldin and take Tebow. I know Henne shows signs of a good qb, but he does a bad job reading defense's, and takes forever to get rid of the ball. I wouldnt mind as much, however he is not a runner. I know Tebow would and will outwork, out-perform Henne over his career as well. How would you feel about it?smiling bouncing smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want Tebow.
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:13AM

You want him? You can keep him. Ask him out on a date if you must. I don't want to see him in a Dolphin uniform.

As for Henne, I don't see how you make your conclusions.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:15AM

Henne has proven himself to have great potential. Trading him would be crazy.

Tebow is going to be a gamble in the NFL. I'm not saying he definitely won't succeed (as will about 100 posts from others following this one) but I think he's a lot more suited for a backup role, possibly doubling as a receiver because of his size and strength.

I'd take him as a later-round pick if he's available but I wouldn't set the future of our team on his shoulders as our starting QB.

Date: March 01, 2010 06:16AM

Tebow is a natural leader, has great physical and mental toughness. I think Henne's INT'S last year, go back and look at them, you will see what i mean, not to mention the amount of sacks that he took.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:17AM

Date: March 01, 2010 06:23AM

Well you either like him or you dont. You made some valid points. All im saying is we have Pennington and Thigpen, which are solid qb's. Trading Henne while he is still worth somthing solid would be a smart move in my eyes. The reason I say this is, because I feel Tebow will be a better QB and Henne for Boldin would work in my eyes.

Date: March 01, 2010 06:23AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tebow is a natural leader, has great physical and
> mental toughness. I think Henne's INT'S last year,
> go back and look at them, you will see what i
> mean, not to mention the amount of sacks that he
> took.

Who are comparing Henne to? It was his first year starting, and he had to deal with numerous injuries to our O-Line and RBs. When has Tebow had to deal with that?

Date: March 01, 2010 06:37AM

Date: March 01, 2010 06:37AM

Well you either like him or you dont. Mont I think we got the message loud and clear brother you wouldnt like it. smileys with beer

Date: March 01, 2010 06:44AM

Date: March 01, 2010 06:48AM

It wouldnt make less sense if we resigned Pennington and have Thigpen who i think is a starter.

Date: March 01, 2010 06:50AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:53AM

The ONLY thing I would want Tebow doing on the Fins is leading the pre-game team prayer!

And maybe after a tough loss start crying for the cameras like he always does. Make the team look really really REALLY dissapointed for losing!

As an active player on the team....no friggin way!!

Date: March 01, 2010 07:14AM

Fine I take it this is a touchy subject for members on here. Im not against Henne, however I feel Tebow is a diamond in the ruff. Done in, because of "THE MUST WIN NOW" attitude of college football. All im pointing out is if Mia did this, and signed Pennington to help mentor him he would blossum into a stud. Just wanted to test the waters and see how fellow fans feel about a Fl player, and about Henne.winking smiley I got good feedback thanks to PhinsFan.

Date: March 01, 2010 07:21AM

Why would Pennington want to mentor him??? He mentored Henne because he was the starter until he got hurt. Now you want Pennington to just mentor and hold a clip-board....very different.

Don't you think Pennington wants to play. There will be teams out there offering him opportunites to START in this league!

And after watching the senior bowl, I wouldn't want Tebow within 400 miles of my team!

Date: March 01, 2010 07:25AM

I make for interesting, and engaging subjects huh.tongue sticking out smiley I'm sorry im not more of the "technical" type, just a fan who is BORED, and VERY eager for the start of F/A.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 01, 2010 07:47AM

What did he run at the combine? a 4.77? He won't be doing much running in the NFL at that speed. Most evaluators say he will need 3 or 4 years behind a starter to develop as a passer. That's great. Just in time for his 4th round contract to expire.

We have been searching for a QB of Henne's caliber since 2000 and now you want to trade him?

Michael Vick has twice the physical tools (4.3 speed and a cannon) as Tebow and even he struggled in the NFL because he .

I wouldn't trade Pat White for Tebow let alone give up Henne. At least PW can play WR with 4.4 speed. 6'2 3/4 234 lbs and runs a 4.77...that's slow even for today's TE's and not nearly big enough.

My guess is he will be out of the NFL in 3 years.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 01, 2010 08:24AM

Date: March 01, 2010 08:29AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
>
> I'd trade Pat White for him and I convert him to
> TE.

I really hope Pat White becomes more than a backup QB next year, or else he'll continue to be the butt of jokes.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 01, 2010 10:28AM

Date: March 01, 2010 11:48AM

I think even in the 4th its a huge risk for a conversion to TE. No one has even seen him catch the ball, block anyone or run a route. Let alone ask him if he is willing to switch.

Tebow ran a 4.72 @ 6'3 230.

Jermaine Gresham ran a 4.72 @ 6'6 260 and everyone is still saying he ran too slow.

I would rather draft the inexperienced Jimmy Graham who just ran a 4.56

.....................................................................................

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 11:49AM

thats what SHE SAID.... NOT

thumbs down

Date: March 01, 2010 11:54AM

Don't get me wrong...Tebow is a good athlete and did great in almost all the other drills but a conversion is prob not going to happen.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 12:29PM

No thanks! I have been waiting 10yrs for a good QB to come along and while I am not sold that Henne is the one just yet he is by far closer than any other one we have had through here

Date: March 01, 2010 12:32PM

Henne had his INT's but its to be expected of a rookie QB. Manning had his problems too.

The thing I like is he showed to ability to move the team down the field.

I just hope we can find a number 1 WR so he has someone to throw to other than backups.

Date: March 01, 2010 01:01PM

Manning had 28 INT's as a rookie. People wouldn't believe it now but he did. That is why last year with the slow start. Pretty much playing catch-up from late September on.....it was the PERFECT year to get Henne's feet wet.

I said it at the time, and looking back, it was a throw away year once Pennington went down. Then when Ferguson and Ronnie went down it was over. So, im glad he got the growing pains out of the way last year

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:46PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I would take this man with one of our second round
> picks, trade Henne to the Seahawks, or Cardinals
> for Boldin and take Tebow. I know Henne shows
> signs of a good qb, but he does a bad job reading
> defense's, and takes forever to get rid of the
> ball. I wouldnt mind as much, however he is not a
> runner. I know Tebow would and will outwork,
> out-perform Henne over his career as well. How
> would you feel about it?smiling bouncing smiley

RESPONSE: I will read the rest of the comments next but QUICK, SOMEBODY TAKE THIS MAN'S TEMPERATURE!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:49PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Tebow is a natural leader, has great physical and
> mental toughness. I think Henne's INT'S last year,
> go back and look at them, you will see what i
> mean, not to mention the amount of sacks that he
> took.

RESPONSE: Did you also happen to see the blazing speed with which Henne can burn the ball through the eye of needle and tight coverage and get it to the receiver.

Do you have a "man crush" on Tebow like George Castanza had on Elaine's "step off" boyfriend in that Seinfeld episode?

Date: March 01, 2010 05:09PM

Must be a Gator fan.

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: March 01, 2010 07:25PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I would take this man with one of our second round
> picks, trade Henne to the Seahawks, or Cardinals
> for Boldin and take Tebow. I know Henne shows
> signs of a good qb, but he does a bad job reading
> defense's, and takes forever to get rid of the
> ball. I wouldnt mind as much, however he is not a
> runner. I know Tebow would and will outwork,
> out-perform Henne over his career as well. How
> would you feel about it?smiling bouncing smiley

I'm a Tebow fan, but you're NUTS! eye popping smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.