HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: RB
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 09:11AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2010 09:19AM

I hear ya. Though I feel one racist comment does make you a racist. But I know what your saying....I just disagree with that line of thinking.

Back to the football aspect, I don't think Gerhart will be a good NFL running back. He might be a nice player to have on your roster to fill in here or there, but not an everydown player and probably never will be. Probably not even a 3rd down only player. I'm not sold on him as an NFL running back

Date: March 01, 2010 11:18AM

Date: March 01, 2010 12:59PM

Oh, I understand your point. I just disagree. And the last time for me as well, I believe....
If someone rapes one girl, they are a rapist

If someone blows up one building, they are a terrorist

If someone kills one guy, they are a muderer

If someone has homosexuial sex once, they are gay...(lol)

That's my line of thinking.

I DO AGREE though that Gerhart is more Vardall than Riggens. That is a good comparison actually.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:20PM

How can you say we are set at RB. Ricky is likely in his last year. Who knows if Ronnie can play a full season and has gained 1000 yards once. the others are backups. When was the last timwe we had a a guy like Spiller that was a real threat to break ia big one? Mercury Morris, maybe Ricky in 2002.

if we can get a high pick or WR for Ronnie make the deal then go get Spiller, Best, or Gerhart. gerhart and a quick back like sproles would
we an upgrade. Toby takes some of the load of Ricky.

Forget the wildcat, the return of the diesel

Date: March 01, 2010 04:23PM

I love how people panic over the RB position. The one position where we have depth at. And people are ho-hum about LB, DE, S, WR, and even TE.

RB can wait for a year. Miami is set at RB for at least another year. You can't fill every hole in one offseason, so with RB not being a hole right now.....let it rest for a year and worry about it next year.

And Ricky said he is leaving after this year, so what?! He can't change his mind. Ricky has lied before. Will lie again. Until he "retires" I don't believe it. With 4 kids from 4 mothers in 4 states....I don't see him leaving the game early and passing up that kind of money.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:43PM

Jahvid Best ran a 4.39.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:43PM

I still say we'll be fine with Cobbs and Hilliard if we get a legit #1 WR and improve at TE. If the Wildcat doesn't work without Ronnie, no biggie. We're building one of the best O-Lines in football. We probably won't need the Wildcat anymore.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 01, 2010 05:10PM

I would not be surprised to see one of those top backs...maybe Best go to New England.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 01, 2010 05:10PM

Date: March 01, 2010 05:45PM

Do you really think Dan Williams is worthy of a 1st rounder? I think end of the round but not 12. He is a big man (6'2 327) but only did 27 reps at bench. May need to get stronger. 27 is not bad but not great for a NT. Brandon Graham (6'1 268) did 31.

Williams 33 1/2" arms
Graham 32 1/4" arms

Jeff Owens (6'1 304, 32 3/4 arm length) DT from Georgia did 44. Holy crap. That after separating a shoulder last spring.

His counterpart Geno Atkins (Georgia DT - 6'1 293) did 34.

Linval Joseph (E. Carolina - 6'4 328) did 39. In 41 career games, Joseph booked a total of 143 tackles, 29.5 TFLs and 6.5 sacks

Brian Price did 34 as well (6'1 303)

I think the best available talent/value at 12 may be OLB, WR or Safety.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2010 05:47PM by eesti.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 01, 2010 06:10PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's say we got a 2nd for Ronnie.

For a guy who's had major injuries 2 of the last 3 seasons? I'd do cartwheels! It ain't happening.

Date: March 02, 2010 05:50AM

Date: March 02, 2010 06:03AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 06:38AM

I was a big fan of Gerheart at Stanford but not sure his game will translate in the NFL. He reminds me of Brian leonard at Rutgers and even Rob Konrad at Syracuse neither played major roles in the nfl and es I rememer Konrad played for the phins..

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: March 02, 2010 06:44AM

A point I would like to make why did all the pundits feel that Toby Gerhart had the most to prove at the combine. Why did he have to run a good 40 time in order to be a high draft pick while the other backs did not have to perform as well. I think the answer is obvious white running backs for what ever reason have to prove themselves more than their black counterparts just to be taken as a good player, and that is RACIST. Not making a comment about him being white. Any one with eyes can see that he is, and also see that he is a damn good running back. No matter what his skin colorhappens to be. I want the Dolphins to draft Toby because I watched him play last year in almost all of his games, and in every game he played in he was by far the best player on the field for either team. That is why I want the Dolphins to draft him period.

Date: March 02, 2010 06:47AM

Mizzou your mis informed Konrad wasn't allowed to run the ball, and Gerhart is way more talented the Brian Leonard. Another question why did you compare him to 2 white guys. Now that is racist.

Date: March 02, 2010 06:59AM

because those are the 2 guys he minds ME of screw race it is on your mind not mine. I did no say he reminds me of zonk because he does not.

Who kept konrad from running the ball?. Again I think he was great and exciting at Stanford but time will tell in the NFL. Wish the kid the best of luck.

Date: March 02, 2010 08:22AM

Date: March 02, 2010 08:26AM

Date: March 02, 2010 08:37AM

Date: March 02, 2010 08:48AM

to finshady

Barry Redden there is a black rb that kinda reminds me of Gerheart. Univ of Richmond 1980 (i think) I believe. Hard running power back at Richmond, Ram's took him in the 1st round and he was never heard from again. yep reminds me of Gerheart.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:49AM

Konrad didn't get to run the ball in Miami because...Dave Wannstedt was an idiot. You have one of the fastest FB's in the league with some of the best hands at the position in the league and you don't use him but as a blocker better then 90% of the time...simply stupid on the part of the coach.

Even when we were depleated on a few occasions and had no HB's to use Konrad still didn't get to run the ball. He should have been used as a Keith Byars type player from the beginning. Also, what was his best season? His rookie year, the one of only two seasons (1st and 4th) where he was used "at all" in the passing game.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 02, 2010 10:20AM

Ken I remember the FB situation with Konrad the exact same way as you do. I remember thinking "we FINALLY have a great fullback once again and we weren't even giving him the damn ball to run with.

But Konrad isn't the only example of this. The fullback position had been abandoned in the league in general and on our team for what seems to have been decades.

FINALLY we have Lousaka Polite, who is a smashmouth player we can depend on for short yardage gains. And we have a coaching staff who is willing to use him for that purpose. Yeah, that's what the fullback is supposed to do! Why no coach of ours since Shula had used a fullback, to be a fullback until Polite is beyond me. It's as if someone changed the NFL rulebook to read "fullbacks can block only, and occasionally catch a pass. No running the ball allowed"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 10:30AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 02, 2010 10:50AM

Oh this is gonna be good when MikeO gets back to his computer

Date: March 02, 2010 02:17PM

nah, I don't have the energy .....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All I will say is the MOD of the site gave an example and asked me a QUESTION. I with similar examples responded to his question with similar examples. If you couldn't follow that, I don't know what to tell ya!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 04:14PM

Why do people say we are deep at RB? Ricky is likely in his last year, Ronnie has gained 1000 once and missed a lot of games, the others are backups at best, Cobbs coming off an injury

Toby Gerhart is the real deal, but even great RB's can get injured. Match him with a scat back (Westbrook cheap?)McCluster, and thats a dynamic duo.

Could Thigpen get us Boldin? I really like him, he is better than most think, and they need a backup(or starter) We could take John Skelton in later rounds or sign a vet.

Date: March 06, 2010 05:29PM

Date: March 06, 2010 06:48PM

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.