HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ronnie Brown Rumor
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ronnie Brown Rumor
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 07:41AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie Brown Rumor
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:12AM

No thanks, we have way too many holes to fill to give up this much

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 25, 2010 08:24AM

Maybe Brown and a #3, but the #1 added in makes that a bad deal for us.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 25, 2010 10:16AM

for a guy that has already missed 7 games in 3 years and only one thousand yard season....no thanks...talented player no doubt but possibly injury prone.

It had to be bs anyway....why on earth would they get rid of him? Their new QB needs him badly.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: February 25, 2010 10:53AM

Date: February 25, 2010 11:22AM

Actually closer to 13 1/2 games but that's why I said "possibly" injury prone. He has not yet acquired the label but is trending that way.

Ronnie averages 12 games so Johnson is only a game and a half ahead but has only played 3 years. Brown also takes more abuse at RB and is a smash mouth runner.

I think any RB with the physical style of running is going to miss games and Ronnie did end up on IR three years ago making a tackle after int.

We trade Ronnie and a 1st and then we have a need at RB and Wildcat. I don't mind relying on Ricky but not as full time or feature RB at his age and we would still have to spend a pick on offense.

I think the Lions have already absorbed most of the contract. He got a 27.2 mil signing bonus. He only made base salary of 2.58 mil in 09 and will only get 4.7 in the final year. I don't see much incentive there for him to get traded.

I don't like the deal for Ronnie and a 1st in 011 or for 1st and 3rd. Just my opinion.

Take the other G Tech WR, Thomas in the 2nd if we can or Benn or Tate.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 25, 2010 11:46AM

A few things...

1) Calvin Johnson is one of the FEW WR's I would trade for. So Yes I would make this deal.

2) Dont get caught up with the wildcat. I have heard rumblings from various people on WQAM that with Henne now looking like a legit NFL QB, the days of the Wildcat are numbered. There was even thought of holding a "mock" funeral before training camp and having a tombstone announcing the death of the Wildcat on it. Does that mean Miami would never run it again, of course not. But its days of being a big part of our offense could be over and done with.

3) Detroit if serious about moving him looks to be one of the teams that wants to get out of money and is happy there is no salary floor.

4) Replacing Ronnie Brown wouldn't be hard. From Rd 4 on I could find a guy to replace him. Or just wait for Thomas Jones to be cut and sign him for a year then worry about RB next offseason.

Date: February 25, 2010 12:03PM

Henne still has A LOT to prove this year.

Like I said Detroit has already paid the bulk of the money so not paying isn't really much of an issue...the major gain is the draft picks. I think it's a b.s. rumor anyway.

Mike...I would like to see your easy replacements from round 4 on....If you are talking about finding a replacement who can stay healthier...that's prob not as big a task as finding a RB who has the potential to be a top 5 back.

I'd like to see some names..

Date: February 25, 2010 12:09PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 12:13PM

If I could trade for Calvin Johnson that is a no brainer, the man is top 2 wr's in the league, and put up thoughs numbers with average qb play, on the worst team in the league. Could you imagine him on our team??? With LT, AND WESTBROOK released, we could sign one of them, trade Brown, and this years 12th overall for Johnson, who would IMEDIATLY make us contenders, instead of pretenders. Yes hands down and no one can make a case not to do it.

Date: February 25, 2010 12:19PM

Date: February 25, 2010 12:22PM

Good point. I stand corrected but I still don't see it happening.

I wouldn't be ticked off if it happened for a 2011 pick if we could add Thomas Jones and Karlos Dansby as well. Now Westbrook is injury prone and LT is done.

He would probably require a couple high picks. I doubt Holmgren would do the deal for next years 1st as most see the Dolphins as a team on the rise and would project us with a lower pick in 2011.

Date: February 25, 2010 12:25PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good point. I stand corrected but I still don't
> see it happening.
>
> I wouldn't be ticked off if it happened for a 2011
> pick if we could add Thomas Jones and Karlos
> Dansby as well. Now Westbrook is injury prone and
> LT is done.
>
> He would probably require a couple high picks. I
> doubt Holmgren would do the deal for next years
> 1st as most see the Dolphins as a team on the rise
> and would project us with a lower pick in 2011.

what the hell are you talking about with Holmgren?????

Seriously, not being sarcastic you lost me on this one. I have NO CLUE as to what you are talking about

Date: February 25, 2010 12:46PM

Date: February 25, 2010 12:49PM

Date: February 25, 2010 12:52PM

That's right Holmgren went to Cleveland. The other sucky team across the lake.

Man I am off today....late nights are killing me.

Date: February 25, 2010 01:16PM

Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press says the Lions are looking towards 2012 at the earliest so they would benefit from trading Johnson to a championship caliber team that needs a big play receiver and in return get a bevy of draft picks that will help them fill their talent voids at several different positions.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 25, 2010 02:01PM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 25, 2010 02:16PM

Just mentioned this to my Detroit Brother-in-law.... eye popping smiley

Date: February 25, 2010 02:17PM

1) I would give up Ronnie a 1st and a 3rd

2) Who the hell in their right mind would take Patrick Turner back in any deal??? Seriously, I could find an undrafted rookie FA in a few months who will be more productive

3) Bell and Wilson are going noplace and I think Rolle is a pipe dream

4) I think the Wildcat and Miami at least will be a dead issue this year. You MIGHT see it 2 times a game if that. When you have a legit young Qb who can sling it with the best of him, you DON'T take him off the field. Nuff said

Date: February 25, 2010 02:41PM

Calvin's a hell of a talent but i'd be pissed if this deal ever sniffed materializing. (by the way I think this is absolute BS that there is even talk between the 2 teams about it, just a baseless internet rumor)

Date: February 25, 2010 02:45PM

its not an internet rumor if it was reported in a newspaper.

call it a newspaper rumor but not an internet one

Date: February 25, 2010 03:08PM

It was Armondo's blog Mike and he was reporting a rumor that he himself said was bogus. Do they print his internet blog in the hard copy of the paper?

Date: February 25, 2010 03:22PM

Date: February 25, 2010 03:36PM

If they were willing to give up a 1st and 3rd why wouldn't they just make a run a RFA like Austin or Vincent Jackson and not have to throw Ronnie in? No way they make this deal, Detroit either

Date: February 25, 2010 03:54PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 25, 2010 04:11PM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:07AM

not too idiotic I would give DET Ronnie and the #1 and exchange 3rd rnd positions for CJ. The offer as stated gives DET too much.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 26, 2010 09:34AM

I do think the trade mentioned is idiotic.

1. Brown is a quality back
... no you won't replace him with a 4th rounder

2. A first at # 12 is more than Johnson is worth by him self, let alone with Ronnie and a 3rd to boot.

3. There will be draft and free agents thatwill help this team, without giving away the team for one position.

thumbs down to this trade

Date: February 26, 2010 03:53PM

But free agency is down this year because so many players are now stuck on their team. And its a bad draft for offensive players in Rd 1. So, IF (big if) you have a chance to get a player the caliber of Calvin Johnson you make that move. Especially if it fills a need.

And I disagere, I think you can replace an often injued, overpaid RB in Ronnie Brown from Rd 4 on or worst case, through free agency in the short term.

Calvin is a unique player, any chance to add him you jump at it. Especially at this low asking price

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.