HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mike Mayock says.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mike Mayock says.....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 23, 2010 12:01PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mike Mayock says.....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 23, 2010 12:33PM

Well the last pass rusher to come out of Texas did pretty well last year for the Redskins. Brian Arakpo

and i'm not sold that McClain is worth 12.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 12:34PM by eesti.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 23, 2010 12:34PM

Mayock is the best. When he speaks, I listen...so this does open some eyes

Date: February 23, 2010 12:46PM

Mayock calls Kindle “more polished” than Brian Orakpo was a year ago...hmmmm.

"To me in that 3-4 defense, I think the outside linebacker is more important"

This is what I've been saying...that OLB is better value at 12 than ILB.

Mayock has Brandon Graham as the 5th ranked DE and Paul as the number 1.

We should go hard after Dansby and maybe take another OLB in round 2 to play the strong side.

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2010 01:03PM by eesti.

Date: February 23, 2010 12:54PM

Quotes on Sergio...

Some teams, though, have a lot of mixed evaluations on him and some believe that he does not go all out each play.

The party ended in July 2007 when he was arrested for driving while intoxicated, what he called the lowest point of his life.

Before the season even started, Kindle was under close scrutiny for crashing his car into an Austin apartment building in June while text messaging. He sustained a concussion and said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Muschamp raves about Kindle’s work ethic and said he had played well this season. “He has positively affected everybody in our organization for two years,” he said.

Estes said Kindle had improved at telling people no, but expected him to have the normal growing pains when he made the transition to the N.F.L. Estes said his wife, who often sends pizzas to Kindle, cringed at the idea of Kindle ending up in a city like Miami and was hopeful that he would end up in a cold-weather city so he would stay inside more.

Kindle said people had a right to be skeptical of him because of his past. But he insisted that he was now “walking a straight line.”

Kindle added: “I don’t want to make people believe anything. I don’t want to tell them to believe anything. They’re just going to have watch and see by my actions that I’m not the Sergio from 06-07.”

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: February 23, 2010 01:08PM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 23, 2010 03:14PM

I'm no draft expert but this: "McClain may be a conservative pick. But, so was Jake Long. We knew exactly what we were getting w/ Long." is a dangerous way for the people doing our drafting to think. We NEVER know "exactly what we are getting". This statement makes the draft sound like an exact science, and nothing could be further from the truth.

Rick

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 23, 2010 03:50PM

Not sure on Kindle. I like McClain or Graham

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 24, 2010 02:37AM

MAYOCK is good. thumbs up Dare I say the BEST?

But the games I watched KINDLE...I couldn't always find him ( He must take plays OFF). And Ro Mc was in on nearly every play, taking on blockers and adding to the pile when he wasn't making the hit himself.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 24, 2010 06:48AM

Date: February 24, 2010 03:32PM

Date: February 24, 2010 03:39PM

but if shows he may have trouble covering TE's then he's not worth 12. That high I don't want conservative or safe...I want a difference maker.

We'll see this weekend....short shuttle, 40 and changing directions...hips...

Date: February 24, 2010 04:39PM

I suppose that McClain could stink at covering TE's. His five career INT's and winning the Butkis, Lambert, & SEC Defensive player of the year doesn't guarantee anything.

This year is an excellent draft class because of all the quality juniors and the increase of SR's from last years class. I wouldn't be surprised if McClain is not on the board when to draft at 12. Yet, if we signed Dansby that would certainly adjust our priorities.

Mayock has become predictable with the Dolphins draft. For the past 3 years he is projecting a DE (Chris Long, Robert Ayers, & now Kindle).

Date: March 01, 2010 02:25PM

He has Earl Thomas ranked ahead of Eric Berry now and they haven't worked out yet.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 01, 2010 02:39PM

Date: March 01, 2010 03:58PM

"No way does the great Eric Berry fall to 9"???? was also said.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 01, 2010 04:21PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 08, 2010 02:52AM

Phinsfan, If you heard Mayocks reasoning for Thomas over Berry, he said this:

"I have Thomas slightly over Berry because of last seasons play. Thomas had a slightly better season which was due in part to Berry being played as a SS and not a FS which is more of his natural position. He was not allowed by Monte Kiffin to roam the field as in seasons past."

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: March 08, 2010 12:27PM

Doesn't make a lot of sense to rank him ahead based on that but I think with another year under his belt had he stayed, Thomas could be rated even higher. Still not a bad choice to leave though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.