HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I thought this was funny
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I thought this was funny
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:33PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I thought this was funny
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 16, 2010 12:54PM

Not surprised. The Bears don't draft until pick 75 this year.

I would not be surprised to see the Bears turn it around this year after bringing in Mike Martz as OC to replace Ron Turner and Rod Marinelli as DC. Good moves!

They will have there work cut out for them though. They need to add some good players. WR, DE's, OL.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:04PM

Cutler was loved and hated in Denver. Loved for his talent and hated for his cry baby attitude. He thinks he is a Farve type QB. Gun slinging and throwing interceptions.
The big question about Jay is if he will mature and become coach-able. If he does Chicago will love him.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:05PM

I never really like Cutler

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 16, 2010 02:41PM

Cutler is one of the FEW guys who can make "every throw" on an NFL field

Given the right help around him and the right playcalling....he can be a superstar.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 17, 2010 02:58PM

I don't think his head will ever let him be a "superstar', regardless of who he plays with. As for being one of "one of the FEW guys who can make "every throw" on an NFL field", there are AT LEAST a dozen guys, possibly as many as two dozen, in the league right now who can make all the throws.

Rick

Date: February 17, 2010 03:19PM

Date: February 17, 2010 03:43PM

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you.

Rick

Date: February 17, 2010 04:07PM

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: February 17, 2010 05:15PM

MikeO, What exactly does it mean to "make "every throw" on an NFL field"? I'm not being a smart a**, but how many are there? Does that include interceptions, because Cutler throws a bunch of those.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 17, 2010 05:37PM

Manning, Manning, Brady, McNabb, Shaub, Rivers, Romo, Farve, Brees, Palmer, Ryan, Warner...

These guys are all considered to have the ability to make all the throws on an NFL field. That's 12 QB's, there's probably more depending on your opinion of Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Roethlisberger etc.

I'm going to have to side with Dolphan on this. A lot of guys can make "EVERY THROW" on an NFL field Mike. That is but one qualification of being an NFL starter. Not every NFL QB has this ability, and for those who don't, they are often regarded as sub-par QB's. It's practically a basic requirement for any real bonafide franchise QB. And between 12-15 teams have legitimate franchise QB's.

I think you're getting big arm/gun-slinger confused with the ability to make all the necessary NFL throws. They are two different things. Cutler probably can throw the ball farther than a lot of the aforementioned QB's and is more of a gun-slinger (i.e. a reckless abandon type of competitive spirit) but the 12 QB's I just listed are all capable of making any and every game time NFL throw there is to make.

Date: February 18, 2010 12:43AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 18, 2010 02:15AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brees, Romo, Ryan, Warner, Eli, Peyton, Brady,
> McNabb, Schaub Farve, Palmer, Peyton,....none of
> those guys can make every throw.

> Elways, Marino, Namath...guys with golden arms who could make every
> throw.

Hold on. You yourself proclaimed Peyton Manning the best QB EVER!! Now you say he can't make every throw but Namath could?! You don't think Favre, Warner, Brees, or Brady (at least 2, if not all 4, of these guys will be in the HoF) can make every throw?

Geez Mike. You're nothing if not inconsistent.

Date: February 18, 2010 11:37AM

Being able to make "every throw" and being the "best ever" are 2 different things. Your confusing "winning" with "physical raw talent". Your talking apples and oranges.

In a big game give me Montana. And Montana had an average at best arm. That isn't a knock on him as a player. Joe Namath as a "pure passer" was one of the 5 best of ALL TIME!! Not one of the 5 best QB's....just one of the 5 best at throwing the football!! Tight spirals, throwing the deep outs with accuracy, being able to throw in space and throw in a window. That guy had a golden arm. Did he win alot? No. Did he throw alot of INT's...Yes! But that isn't what this debate is about. It's about having the physical tools to throw the ball anywhere on the field. Not all players have it. And not all players NEED it. But the ones who have the ability is a select few. JAY CUTLER HAS THAT ABILITY!! Doesn't make him great....he just has the ability.

And if you think Drew Brees can make every throw your nuts. The guy is short, has small hands, and if you put the ball on one hash mark then ask him to throw a deep out to the other side of the field with any velocity...he can't do it. And not a lot of NFL QB's can throw outside the hash marks with any velocity or accuracy. That isn't a knock, I will take Drew on my team anyday, I will just adjust the gameplanning to hsi skills. Like I said only a few guys can do it. And only a handful in NFL history have been able to successfuly. Brady COULD make all the throws but since his knee injury his ability to make the "elite" throws is gone. A young Favre could, not this old Farve. Warner can't. Eli can't. Romo...please.

Date: February 18, 2010 11:42AM

I'll probably regret this, but I'll try one more time. Consistency isn't one of your characteristics. Technically, what you have described now is a scrambler. Neither Marino nor Namath can remotely be considered one of those. A guy that can "make all the throws" is the guy that can drop back, set up, and throw the ball anywhere on the field against coverage. Having the ability to throw accurately on the run is a completely separate set of skills. There have been plenty of guys that could do that, too. There just aren't many of them in the league right now.

Rick

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 18, 2010 05:46PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Namath as a "pure passer" was one of
> the 5 best of ALL TIME!! Not one of the 5 best
> QB's....just one of the 5 best at throwing the
> football!! Tight spirals, throwing the deep outs
> with accuracy, being able to throw in space and
> throw in a window. That guy had a golden arm. Did
> he win alot? No. Did he throw alot of INT's...Yes!

If a guy throws a lot of INTs, I don't consider that "making all the throws". If you can't throw with control and get the ball where-you-want when-you-want, then you can't make "all the throws".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.