HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins trading for Boldin?!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins trading for Boldin?!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 10, 2010 02:31AM

Barry Jackson from the Miami Herald reporting people in contact with the Fins are saying the Fins are going to offer a 3rd round pick or later for Boldin. Not sure if Zona would move him for that, but they will consider it.

Also the Dolphins are NOT likely to go after Brandon Marshall

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins trading for Boldin?!
Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 10, 2010 04:15AM

If we are offering a 3rd....??? Does that mean we would up it to a 2nd?

Hmm. Maybe a 3rd and swapping 2nds.

I like Boldin...but he has been injured the last two seasons, I would hate to overpay for him.

Otherwise. GREAT!

We could have drafted him...but Wanny wanted ....Eddie Moore....confused smiley

In fact if Wanny hadn't been such an idiot...we could have had Brees, Boldin, and Chambers.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 10, 2010 04:25AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()

Wanny screwed the pooch that draft day. thumbs down I watched BOLDIN at FSU every game and was psyched to see him on the board when our pick came up.... and I went OFFFF when that moore was selected. My mother-in-law still thinks I'm a nut. grinning smiley

BOLDIN for a 3rd is a noooo brainer!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: February 10, 2010 05:26AM

I DO NOT care if he does not run a 4.55! He catches the ball and it is about moving the chains. It is not about the threat of moving the chains! Go get him he is a stud.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 10, 2010 05:34AM

what made giving up no 1s for ricky especially dumb is that 2d first only was a first if rw had 1800 yards his first year. well the only reason he had 1800 yds (and not, say, 1799) was wany decided to run him practically every running play instead of using other players to keep the draft pick down. such an idiot-I remember when the trade was made wanny said that if we ended up giving that 2d first rounder, that would mean rw would have 1800 yards and we would therefore make the superbowl, so it was a fair trade. we didn't even make the playoffs that season.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 10, 2010 05:57AM

Joey Porter and a 6th rounder for Boldin. He had injuries but still had good numbers. More than any WR we've had for years.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: February 10, 2010 06:43AM

To pile onto that, Berkeley, the time Wanny chose NOT to run Ricky was at the end of the regular season finale in NE when Ricky had already run for 185 yards and 2 TD. If memory serves correctly, he chose Jay "I finished the game 11-25 with 1 TD" Fiedler to try to close out the game when we had the lead. I want to say 3 incompletions in that series not only gave the ball to NE, but stopped the clock so the series took next to no time off the clock. It was as if he thought "well, now that I've hit that trigger for the 1st rounder next year, it's time to rest Ricky so that I can drive him to smoking pot next year and flaming out on us in his prime."

This from Yahoo! Sports game recap:
But instead of running Ricky Williams, who rushed for 185 yards, in an attempt to take time off the clock, offensive coordinator Norv Turner called for two passes and Jay Fiedler threw two incompletions. On 3rd-and-10, Fiedler again faded back to pass and scrambled for seven yards before being tackled by Vrabel at the Miami 11.

“I thought the best thing to do was throw the football,” Turner said. “They were loaded up for the run. They had an eight-man front and I felt it gave us the best chance.”

Williams defended his coordinator’s playcalling.

“We were pinned back and they were expecting the run, it was a good call by Norv,” Williams said. “We should’ve executed better.”

“We figured the Patriots would be blitzing at the end to stop Ricky on the run,” Wannstedt said in defense of Turner. “But we just did not make the plays we needed in order to win this game. Down the stretch, we did not play like we needed to play.”

Date: February 10, 2010 06:49AM

Sorry - back to the topic at hand...I would love to see Boldin here for a 3rd. However, if I view it from AZ's perspective, I'd have a hard time letting him go with Warner's retirement. Off-field stuff aside, he's very steady on the field and would likely help their QB adjust.

If we got him, could he teach Ginn to be tough?

Date: February 10, 2010 07:07AM

Arizona wants him gone. Because this past year when Boldin wasn't on the field and Breaston and Doucett were....Arizona's offense put up bigger numbers.

They feel Boldin is holding back the offense

Date: February 10, 2010 07:11AM

The guy will be 30 when the season starts, wants a new contract, has a history of injuries, No thanks!...Trading picks for vets is not the awnser!!

Building through the draft is!

Date: February 10, 2010 09:00AM

he is the type of WR we need. He will be motivated playing closer to home. With no salary cap who cares about the money.

He will be better than anyone we draft. Instant Impact Player. In a division with New England and NY Jets we can't wait around for kids to develop. Otherwise we are destined for 3rd place!

Date: February 10, 2010 09:07AM

We been trading picks for vets for a while, Doesnt work!

If we really need a #1 receiver draft dez bryant in the 1st, Then move up if possible to get dan williams or brandon graham, Done deal!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 10, 2010 09:15AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joey Porter and a 6th rounder for Boldin. He had
> injuries but still had good numbers. More than any
> WR we've had for years.

thumbs up

Date: February 10, 2010 09:20AM

porter is worthless. no one would trade anything for him, maybe a 7th. everyone knows we are cutting him anyway.
so you are suggesting az will trade boldin to us for a 6 and a 7---no chance.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 10, 2010 09:27AM

How about Pat White for Boldin? Doesn't Arizona need a QB?

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 10, 2010 11:58AM

"Off-field stuff aside??"

BOLDIN AND OFF-FIELD ISSUES DOESN'T RING A BELL...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 10, 2010 12:26PM

Why trade Pat White now? Too early for a trade that includes him, and Im not even a huge White fan.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: February 10, 2010 12:29PM

nobody wants pat white, he's our problem

Date: February 10, 2010 12:31PM

LOl.....our backup QB is our problem?

---------------------

Date: February 10, 2010 12:32PM

.....actually, our 3rd string QB is our problem?

---------------------

Date: February 10, 2010 01:22PM

yes, when your 3d string qb is 18o lbs and cant complete a pass and cost a 2d rd pick, but is too high of a draft pick to consider cutting.

Date: February 10, 2010 01:29PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> porter is worthless. no one would trade anything
> for him, maybe a 7th. everyone knows we are
> cutting him anyway.
> so you are suggesting az will trade boldin to us
> for a 6 and a 7---no chance.

Don't be so sure. Pass rushers are always sought after. He had 9 sacks last year. He wants to go to AZ. Arizona needs more pass rushers and wants to free themselves of Boldins contract demands. AZ currently has Chiki Okeefer (34) starting at ROLB. Bertrand Berry (6 sacks) comes in on passing downs and is 35. Porter is 2 years younger and twice the player. They get a better pass rusher than anything on the market for 3.8 mil a year. Perfect fit.

Everyone is SPECULATING that we will cut him. No one knows. Why would we cut a player under contract when we know that the FA market is almost nonexistent? With no CBA, there is not one FA 3-4 OLB on the market worth mentioning. That makes Porters value much much greater.

The top two candidates...

Julius Peppers...wants to play 3-4 but has NEVER done it. Will demand a huge contract or will get franchised.

Aaron Kampman struggled while trying to switch to a 3-4 OLB.

.....................................................................................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 02:00PM by eesti.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 11, 2010 12:16PM

Date: February 11, 2010 01:52PM

This may be a great deal for both sides if they are talking about Boldin for Porter and a draft pick. If the CBA is going into a capped year, I thought I read somewhere that the top 8 teams will be unable to sign FAs. Anyone know if that is the case?

We could add a WR and get rid of a headache, and they could upgrade their pass rush and get something for Boldin.

Date: February 11, 2010 01:55PM

Playoff teams can only sign a free agent when they lose one.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 11, 2010 01:58PM

Date: February 11, 2010 04:10PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: February 12, 2010 11:45AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.