HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The REAL Joey Porter
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The REAL Joey Porter
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 25, 2010 12:14PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The REAL Joey Porter
Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 25, 2010 12:46PM

get rid of this loser already ! him and his popcorn muscles !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 12:47PM by ifShulaWasPrez.

The real coaches??
Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 25, 2010 02:31PM

I read Ethan's article on Joey Porter and immediately thought WTF?!!

Not just him but the coaches. If there is any truth to Ethan's report that Joey refused to come off the field when another player had been sent in...even ONCE....Then the Head Coach needs to tell the DC ...."He doesn't get back on to the field until this is resolved"...and if it ever happened again? I would bench him....and if it happened a 3rd time? I would suspend him for 4 games. After that? he never sees the field again as long as I am the Coach of that team.

We can all blame Pasqualoni to some extent...but Tony has to keep the whole team accountable.

Maybe things aren't as tough and disciplined as we think? Is that why we tanked in the 4th for part of the season and slept till the 2nd quarter in the end?

I would expect that we will soon read something from the coaches dismissing this as false.

I know Ethan can't divulge sources....so Armando? Have you heard similar info? Any other beat writers?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 25, 2010 02:52PM

I don't blame Pasqualoni. It's the head coaches job if a player is refusing orders. Tony runs the team, if Porter is not following orders, its Tony's job to take action. Not some assistant.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 25, 2010 05:00PM

Tony better learn a hard lesson from this or he'll be another Cam Cameron. Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula never would have put up with a player acting that way. Shula tolerated Brian Cox, but his antics were just childish. Porter was completely insubordinate.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 26, 2010 04:21AM

One thing about Bryan Cox, is that Bryan truly respected Shula and I'll bet he obeyed his direct orders. Remember when Shula called the press conference to announce his retirement (one of the saddest days of my life)? Bryan Cox made it a point to show up in support of Shula. A few reporters seemed shocked and asked him why he was there. That show of respect and support doesn't come from a textbook locker room cancer-type of player. Bryan Cox was...unique that way!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 26, 2010 05:50AM

Any player who thinks his self-worth is bigger than the worth of the team needs to be shown the door. Porter is one of those players. I think it is also very telling that most everyone on this board actually agrees with each other in that he needs to go, and soon.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 29, 2010 04:03AM

Some of these players suddenly become self righteous after a few good seasons or superbowl rings. Cameron Wake needs to replace Joey Porter ASAP.

Joey Porter is washed up and has a big mouth that coincidentally gets shoved full of losses even after he talks his sh*t before games. What a d*ck.

Get lost Joey, you suck now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.