HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cameron Wake and Mike Nolan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Cameron Wake and Mike Nolan
Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: January 20, 2010 04:38AM

Poll
55 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
14+ sacks from Wake

I can see Cameron Wake getting 14+ sacks next year with Nolan as our DC all this Wake cant do this Wake cant do that BS is out the window! .smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cameron Wake and Mike Nolan
Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:46AM

AGREED! the guy had 23 tackles and 5.5 sacks and was only on the field 10 snaps a game for the 2nd half of the season.

Let's see what a whole training camp and starting the pre-season games reveals about his abilities and limitations.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 06:42AM

thumbs up "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:08AM

What can we get for Joey Porter?

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 20, 2010 08:21AM

As MikeO so eloquently pointed out, we probably won't get anything for Porter.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:20AM

nobody will trade for Porter when we will cut him and a team can give up nothing and get him for .50 on the dollar

Date: January 20, 2010 12:00PM

They can have Porter! We should have played Wake more this year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:10PM

Date: January 20, 2010 12:44PM

His salary is huge next year. Not to mention the guy has a bad knee and lied to the coaches this year.

You think the rest of the league is going to forget the...."I don't feel good I gotta go home and can't practice today"....then being caught on camera at a steakhouse laughing it up with his friends!!!

Please!! What reality do you people live in????????????? Seriously, nobody is going to trade for an old LB who is about to be cut. When they can get him, give up nothnig, and pay him far less than what his current contract is. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:11PM

Couldn't see us getting much for Porter either. The trade scenarios on this board crack me up some times

Date: January 20, 2010 05:05PM

C'mon Mike...I'm sure we could package Porter with Gibril Wilson for a 1st rounder or something like that.

He is due a roster bonus of $1million in March. That will be on top of his $4million salary.

I can't see us keeping him for $5mill hoping for a trade, if some team has 2 LB's get hurt in camp. Too much money tied up in an old, injured, situational player.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 21, 2010 01:59AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C'mon Mike...I'm sure we could package Porter with
> Gibril Wilson for a 1st rounder or something like
> that.
>
>
Really? What have YOU been smoking? smoking smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 06:02AM

Not sure if you picked up on the sarcasm? pretty sure people would know that is a ridiculous idea.

Porter is worthless to us.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 22, 2010 09:59AM

Wake wont see the field unless he gets better in coverage and against the run...They need to bring JT back and put him on the weakside until Wake wakes up. Prob wont happen as they took him off the field in passing downs at the end of last year...he prob wont even be back. Porter needs to pack it in. That gives a major need for a pass rusher...could be our #12 pick. I could see us getting an ILB and an OLB with our first two picks.

More probable is 1-OLB, 2-WR, 3 ILB

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:15AM

Cameron Wake, unfortunately, is the most one-dimensional player we have on our team...LOL....but atleast he is really good at that one thing though.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 22, 2010 10:33AM

Wakes a hard worker. That's been proven. This is also his first real experience in the NFL, which is different than the CFL. I think Wake will always be better suited for the WOLB position (Porter's side), but I have confidence he'll improve the other facets of his game (coverage, etc..) and become a very good starting OLB. He has the athleticism and the motor to do it.

Date: January 22, 2010 10:52AM

eesti Wrote:
> Wake wont see the field unless he gets better in
> coverage and against the run...They need to bring
> JT back and put him on the weakside until Wake
> wakes up. Prob wont happen as they took him off
> the field in passing downs at the end of last
> year...he prob wont even be back. Porter needs to
> pack it in. That gives a major need for a pass
> rusher...could be our #12 pick. I could see us
> getting an ILB and an OLB with our first two
> picks.
>
> More probable is 1-OLB, 2-WR, 3 ILB

Wake wont be back? You are being either being sarcastic are ignorant. I hope sarcastic!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 22, 2010 11:26AM

JT wont be back

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 11:48AM

So, if Wake is one-dimensional, let's use him on third and 3+.

Rick

Date: January 22, 2010 03:56PM

Pasqualoni determined that Wake was only good for 10 snaps a game.

He was fired.

Wake played very little and produced almost as much as Porter who had quadruple the playing time.

Wake rarely saw action on 1st or 2nd down...so he didn't get the chance to be more versatile. They stuck him in on passing downs and sent him after the QB. On some of those passing downs, while he had his ears pinned back and hand in the turf, teams ran instead. 23 of those times, that Wake was geared up to rush the passer, and they ran instead...HE made the tackle.

I would like to know how many times he was in on a running down and screwed up? I saw Porter do it all season long. Can't say I saw a body of evidence to conclude that Wake can't play the run. That was the talk by the coaches. And since Tony S is an offensive guy; it is logical to conclude that those were the perceptions and conclusions of the guy they just fired.

Date: January 23, 2010 03:56AM

Wake wasn't named Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year in '07 or Most Outstanding Defensive Player in '08 in the CFL for sacks alone. He had 16 sacks and 72 tackles in 2007. He's not just a sack machine.

Also, even though he played DE in the CFL, he played LB at Penn State (and there have been some decent LB's to come out of Penn State before).

I'm hoping Nolan gives him a chance. I think Wake could be great!

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 23, 2010 11:01AM

I agree 100 percent. If a player is "that good" at one aspect of the game like Pass rushing, he'll be good at other facets of the game given proper coaching and the snaps to give him some game speed experience. Wake showed us last year that he is the type of player that will give you 100 percent when given the chance. I can't think of one snap that I watched were the guy wasn't playing like a bat out of hell. We need 10 more of players like him, and less of the whiny, I'm too big to follow rules even though I'm getting paid millions of dollars, types of people. If Nolan is smart, they work him in at least 75 percent of the time at weak side lb.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 23, 2010 02:49PM

Wake didn't see the field more because of Porter's tenure, past production, his name and his contract...simple.

Porter should be put on the short bus out of town and Wake should be the defacto starter opposite of Taylor.

If we then draft someone that can play better "every down" than Wake (or Taylor) then that person should be starting.

We will need Wake this season as well as Taylor...even if it's just as pure pass rushers.

I personally think that Wake can do more.

Date: January 23, 2010 06:23PM

Glad to know I am not the only one that thought Porter was taking up space and collecting a check. I still dont understand why coaching put up with it?

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: January 23, 2010 07:03PM

I think most fans realized he was just an overpaid pass rusher. We couldn't get rid of him because he had too much bonus money tied in. It would have hurt us too badly.

I guess we're willing to take the hit now...

Date: January 24, 2010 02:16AM

kelreign Wrote:
> I think most fans realized he was just an overpaid
> pass rusher. We couldn't get rid of him because
> he had too much bonus money tied in. It would
> have hurt us too badly.
>
> I guess we're willing to take the hit now...

There is no "hit" now. Uncapped year!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.