HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          PETE CARROL
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
PETE CARROL
Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 13, 2010 09:51AM

does anybody else remember that game in which pete carrol made the " choke " gesture on national tv towards marino and the fins . i do , like it was yesterday . ever since then iv known him as a complete douche .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PETE CARROL
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 09:57AM

exactely thats ALLLLL I think about when I think of that dueschbag.

Date: January 13, 2010 10:04AM

marino brought us back in that 1 . good stuff . at that time in my life i had never seen a coach do something so obnoxious .

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: January 13, 2010 11:17AM

It was directed against Pete Stoyanovich, in 1992.

Here is the account from the NY Times:

"In the next-to-last game of the regular season, Stoyanovich "pushed" a poorly held extra-point attempt. The kick went wide and allowed the Jets to keep a 17-16 edge with only two and a half minutes remaining.

On the sidelines, the Jets' defensive coordinator, Pete Carroll, was so ecstatic he leaped and then ran his fingers across his throat with a slashing motion. The classic choke sign.

"Uh, oh," said a shocked ESPN radio announcer, Hank Stram, a former Super Bowl coach who knew there was a breach of etiquette.

The Jets meekly ran three plays and punted, giving Marino one more chance. He led the Dolphins close enough, and Stoyanovich calmly booted a 37-yard winner."

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 13, 2010 12:36PM

Thanks slipstream, I thought it was at Stoyo and not Marino. And yes I've always thought he was a douche since then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 12:37PM by dolphaholic.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 13, 2010 12:38PM

Pete Carroll is a jerk. Belicheat may be a cheat but it is the difference between a worthy villain and a punk. Pete Carroll is a punk.

Date: January 13, 2010 02:11PM

yeah nowodays coaches acting with no class is common . u got the moron in denver , the moron in shittsburg , the moron in tampabay , and lets not forget the moron interim coach in buff acting like a buffoon a couple weeks ago . it makes me appreciate how great don shula was .

Date: January 13, 2010 02:12PM

thanks slipstream , that was a cool read .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.