HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A message for Chris Shashaty
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A message for Chris Shashaty
Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 06:33AM

Hey Chris just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed the interview with Ireland and appreciate all you do for the Phins.com website. It is one of the reasons I come back over and over.

I have been a member for awhile now and while I don't post as much as some of the other "regulars" I am always checkin the news and when I see an article written by you it is usually the first one I go for.

That along with some of the posters on here is what makes this website the hands down favorite Dolphin site on the net!!

By the way there was an article about you on the Sun. LOL too funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 06:38AM by ranger1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A message for Chris Shashaty
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 13, 2010 06:37AM

I have a question as well, Why do the coaches *ATLEAST SEEM* to like Ted Ginn? And not only like him, the coaches almost seem to love the guy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 10:53AM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 13, 2010 09:24AM

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll take a stab at the Ginn question.

1 - He has something that is God-given and can't be manufactured or coached.

2 - We are 3-0 against the Jests in our past 3 games, and he was a huge part of why we won each of them.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 13, 2010 10:29AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know you didn't ask me, but I'll take a stab at
> the Ginn question.
>
> 1 - He has something that is God-given and can't
> be manufactured or coached.
>
> 2 - We are 3-0 against the Jests in our past 3
> games, and he was a huge part of why we won each
> of them.

Ginn has good games against NY, just like RW tends to have good games against Buffalo. Ginn's talent translates well to KR. Perhaps we can use him on end-arounds as a WR, and in a 4 WR set, but I don't see him as a #1 or #2 WR.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 13, 2010 05:05PM

I think it was the Sun Sentinel that pointed out this Q&A with Ireland took place back in November. They probably still had hope back then that the Jets game was going to spark Ginn on to something.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 13, 2010 07:15PM

Because they feel that that can help him acquire what he lacks.

If you look at college film...he can catch. BUT...he was generally wide open and not having to worry about contact, or pressure.

The NFL is faster...but he is fast enough to play in it.

There is nothing physical stopping him from being a remarkable WR.

They are convinced that if Ginn and Henne get enough playing time...that they will acclimate to the speed of the game, the pressure, the hits, and eventually develop a chemistry.

Pennington getting injured and Henne taking over bought Ginn another year. Henne is almost there. I think they will give Ginn 6 games to show that he can deliver on his potential.

He can catch....he can run with the ball...and he is one of the 5 fastest guys in the NFL.

And...what if they cut him...and he gets to run opposite Randy Moss, with Welker and Brady? That would be a disaster for us.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 14, 2010 02:00AM

Realist makes a good point. I'm not a Ginn fan, and I think it's time to move on for us. We have Hartline as our likely #2, and we have 2 guys who would be good in the slot in Camarillo and Bess. We need a #1 guy, and Ginn will never be that.

That said, Ginn will be better on just about any other team he goes to. Elsewhere, he won't be the only guy who can stretch the defense. Elsewhere, there will be other, more established WR talent, and Ginn will have the chance to be a complimentary piece. And that will likely make him better than he ever was here.

Date: January 14, 2010 07:00AM

Yep, that would suck if he went to a division rival and hurt us twice a year?

I agree that we have our #2 and #3 in Bess and Hartline. BUT....if we went out and got a legit #1?

What would teams do if we had a real #1, with Ginn, Bess, and Hartline, with Ronnie Brown in the backfield? It's been a while since teams rolled out a 4WR set as a regular formation...but it worked if the RB was an effective runner and effective pass receiver, Marshall Faulk, Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith......Ronnie Brown?

We could go from having the worst WR corp in the League to having the best in 1 season.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 14, 2010 10:53AM

Interesting that we think that Ginn could excel at NE but not in Miami.

Perhaps implied is that Ginn can excel in the NFL ... but more so as a complement 3rd wide receiver with the straight line speed.

Thus the question:

Why not keep him as a 3rd receiver (at the right pay scale) and upgrade to get a true number 1.

Bottom line: if he can excel in NE to the degree we'd worry over it. Upgrade the gaps here ... we've already spent the pick.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 14, 2010 12:02PM

Thats exacly how I feel as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 14, 2010 05:51PM

I'm cool with that.

Ginn opposite Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Chad Ochocinco becomes a very dangerous weapon.

Keep him, get a true #1 and see how the dynamics change.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 14, 2010 06:23PM

I've been saying this for awhile now...get Ginn some help in the form of a big, fast, sure handed #1 guy. Then get hime a tutor for the off season to work with him on technique, route running, strength, making proper use of his speed and playing with leverage.

This would also serve to make the rest of the receivers better and by extension and the entire offense.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 06:57PM

All our receiver would benefit greatly from a play making #1. Everyone knew Ginn wasn't an experienced WR coming in but was hoping for a hester on returns or a Willie Gault type development. It is up to him.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 14, 2010 10:18PM

Speaking in the past tense about the guy is premature, because your points will be as apropos of us next year as anybody else, when we have acquired a true #1 receiver. I'd rather keep his God-given speed right here for a while.
Also, I agree about Chris. I wish I could get his blog on my Kindle.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2010 10:20PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 15, 2010 02:42AM

GOD gives HANDS with which to catch.......and yet confused smiley

Date: January 15, 2010 05:49AM

He made some tough catches prior to this year and even at the end of this year he was reliable.

God gives hands, but He also gives a talent for catching the ball. Some people just naturally do it better than others. I don't think Ginn has been given an overabundant natural talent in that area. In the area of speed, he has.

Each can be improved, but I believe only marginal speed improvement can be attained at that level, while catching can be dramatically improved with practice, focus, etc. That's what is so maddening about Ginn - I believe he is capable of improving, yet he regressed in that area last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 05:56AM by tsstamper.

Date: January 15, 2010 06:02AM

Some guys can do some things naturally, which others have to practice and develop.

I could always catch since I was little. Baseballs, footballs, hockey pucks, crab apples, flies...whatever.......BUT....shooting a basketball is something I could get good at if I practiced regularly...and would lose immediately after taking a break from it. Some guys can stop playing basketball for 2-3 months and show up on the court and drain 3's within minutes; not me...it would take weeks after a 3 month lay-off.

Ginn is naturally fast, has good ball running skills...but I think his weekly expectations should be an hour 3 days a week with the Juggs machine in addition to any practice. And if he is doing that? Than he should do more.

He can catch, we've seen it. He can get open...seen it. he needs to work on concentration on the ball, and staying 'tuned up' with his catching.

Date: January 15, 2010 06:39AM

From your lips to God's ears, man (in keeping with the God-given theme the topic has taken on)

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 16, 2010 07:05AM

Sorry I brought that up. Also, I agree, Ginn's got the talent, it seems concentration is his problem.

Rick

Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: January 18, 2010 11:54AM

ranger1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Chris just wanted to tell you that I really
> enjoyed the interview with Ireland and appreciate
> all you do for the Phins.com website. It is one of
> the reasons I come back over and over.
>
> I have been a member for awhile now and while I
> don't post as much as some of the other "regulars"
> I am always checkin the news and when I see an
> article written by you it is usually the first one
> I go for.
>
> That along with some of the posters on here is
> what makes this website the hands down favorite
> Dolphin site on the net!!
>
> By the way there was an article about you on the
> Sun. LOL too funny.

Hey ranger1, thank you and others who posted here for the kind words. Ireland was very open and candid, more so than I was expecting. Much of what he said was really relevant to the offseason, so I decided to hold off on publsihing the interview until now when the questions would be pressing.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be publishing interviews I did with Greg Camarillo, Pat White, Donald Thomas, Kendall Langford, and Ronnie Brown.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 11:57AM by cshashaty.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.