HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat White
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pat White
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 05, 2010 08:56AM

First off, I hope he is OK. That was a brutal hit. Second, what are we going to do with him next year? Thigpen and Henne will battle for starting QB with the loser being the backup. What about Pat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pat White
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 05, 2010 09:20AM

We should use Pat for his versatility. He should be able to sub in as a WR, QB, or even a RB (if we can bulk up a bit in the offseason). Putting him in the game immediately opens up multiple options, and that fits right in with Henning's offensive philosophy. I say, list Pat as a WR or RB so you can have Thigpen active as our #2 QB. I can forsee Pat playing the slot WR position with Henne in the shotgun, ala Jim Jensen.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 05, 2010 10:25AM

This is th 4th thread on Pat White. Time to move on PW was a mistake and the experitment should be over. EOS

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 05, 2010 05:35PM

I loved Pat White in college. The puzzling thing to me is that we spent the #44 pick on him, and we didn't appear to have a plan for him. Or he was so bad, the plan for him disintegrated. How many games did he come into where all he did was hand off a couple of times? Was there some grand scheme that they had worked out, but couldn't execute it for some reason?

Ronnie will likely be a restricted free agent this offseason. Or if he's back, he'll be an unrestricted free agent in 2011. Without Ronnie, does the wildcat have a future with our team? If not, does White have a future with us?

Could they ask White to move to WR?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 05, 2010 07:05PM

There has always been amazing college qbs that do not translate to the nfl. Why are so many people amazed that he's completely underachieved for a 2nd round pick. Even funnier are the people that think it's too soon to proclaim him a bust for where we picked him.
Ever heard of Turner Gill or Charlie Ward?
If we keep him, it will be as a wr/rb and EMERGECY qb ala Randel El.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 06, 2010 04:24AM

I say we pick a RB high on our list of things we need. R. Brown is injury prone and Ricky is not long in football

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 06, 2010 04:30AM

Well said socalphin.

Some seem to get so married to the decisions or prior commitment on a guy that new information, such as how did they really perform in the NFL gets blocked out.

For whatever reasons, Pat White has not shown even a glimmer of potential.

Quite frankly I expected more pass options to single wing and or to the Wildact mix. Ronnie brown commanded more respect on a pass option than Pat White did.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 06, 2010 07:28AM

Why don't we wait until White has a full offseason under his belt before we get at (or continue to get at) his throat.

Tom Brady came into the league as a string bean too and he bulked up.

White is a great athlete who can chuck the ball.

Let's practice some patience here.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 06, 2010 08:46AM

White is still a dynamic athlete. There is value there.

Look at Josh Cribbs. White his almost the same guy.

Cribbs 6'0.5" 195 out of college; his 40 times ranged from 4.5 - 4.69

White 6'. 0" 197 out of college; his 40 times ranged from 4.46- 4.63

He is faster than Davone Bess who looks pretty quick out there.

I say convert him to WR/PR/Wildcat/QB/RB and give him time.

If we invest time in making him a WR, then maybe he will get more favourable match-ups and will be able to capitalize on his running. I don't think between the tackles in the NFL is working.

For the record...on that play that he got hit? it was an unfortunate 1 in a thousand hit. But he made the first down.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 06, 2010 09:38AM

I think Realist is exactly right, I have heard this same story on Josh Cribbs before.

Pat White needs to add about 20 pounds of muscle.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.