HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wasted draft pick
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wasted draft pick
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:35AM

Do any of you still think Pat white has value on an NFL roster. We could of picked a number of defensive players or another legit wide receiver. Instead we got the worst looking NFL player in the last 25 years. Pat White is in way over his head, and the Dolphins should cut their losses and get rid of him. I tried to tell everyone when he was picked that he was the worst pick of the entire draft hate to say it but I was dead right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wasted draft pick
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:38AM

Come on man stop it, PAT WHITE IS FREGGIN ROOKIE!!! do you know what that means? rookies QB's NEVER play well (with the exeption of marino and ryan which is two out of what 2 hundred) so basically never.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:39AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on man stop it, PAT WHITE IS FREGGIN
> ROOKIE!!! do you know what that means? rookies
> QB's NEVER play well (with the exeption of marino
> and ryan which is two out of what 2 hundred) so
> basically never.

Joe Flaco was in the AFC Championship game last year. Just sayin

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:52AM

I agree...wasted pick....even after we chose Henne the year before.....hope he is fine though.

Date: January 03, 2010 11:53AM

Might turn out to be a good NFL player in some role, but Miami didn't need the Pat White pick with so many other needs. Give me a WR there. Or a DT in round 2 of last year. Even a tight end or something. Anything but a gimmick player who ended up doing nothing for 16 games

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:56AM

Agreed....still need a #1 reciever.

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:20PM

Well after the hit Pat White took I do hope he is alright...but he needs to go..he sucks!

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:53PM

Whether he sucks or not it was a crap pick with a second rounder. This is turning into Ginn 2.0. Ginn was a crap pick because at #9 the team had a lot of other needs and because he would have been available later (i.e. trade down and pick up another pick somewhere if you really want him). Pat White was a second round pick, and for what they wanted him for, and the chance they were taking, I don't think that is worth more than a 6th round pick. So, even if White could actually complete a pass or something, he would still be a sucky pick.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:01PM

joemama Wrote:
> Whether he sucks or not it was a crap pick with a
> second rounder. This is turning into Ginn 2.0.
> Ginn was a crap pick because at #9 the team had a
> lot of other needs and because he would have been
> available later (i.e. trade down and pick up
> another pick somewhere if you really want him).
> Pat White was a second round pick, and for what
> they wanted him for, and the chance they were
> taking, I don't think that is worth more than a
> 6th round pick. So, even if White could actually
> complete a pass or something, he would still be a
> sucky pick.

Ginn has been 1000x better than Pat White. I know Ginn was a high 1st-rounder, but he's had a handful of decent games and one really good one against the NYJ. White has done NOTHING this year. Absolutely NOTHING.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:07PM

I know we have him as #2 QB for the so called wild cat, that is not realy the wild cat but Thingpen should have been #2 When Chad went out with Injury, still not sure what the injury was something with his eye(the bad part of being at the game you know nothing) But soon as white was in as QB for what was expected to be the rest of the game, I was saying I hope he gets shaken up so we can see Thigpen, but man I didn't want to see that with White.... Get well Pat... But I think we open the 2nd half with Thigpen getting the ball down by 7 we have a chance with White in same situation I was ready to head to the car... Not saying Pat may be good someday but at this point he does not throw the ball well...

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:33PM

Hey reppa I am not dissing Pat White he dissed himself with his play on the feild. He is truly garbage, and not ready to be a pro player at any position. He is barely 6 ft and dosen't even way 180lbs. Tell me what postion can he play, and what happens to him when teams know he has to run the ball disaster thats what.

Date: January 03, 2010 02:35PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:15AM

I hope he's OK after that hit, but yes,I completely agree that he was a wasted pick. The kid has the body of a high school QB. I'm totally amazed that he's even in the NFL, let alone a 2nd round pick. I'm beginning to have some doubt in my mind about Parcels...Like WTF?

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 07:18AM

Pat White lol lol what a dumb ass move to pick him in the second round

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 04, 2010 08:21AM

Well the thing here guys is this...we do not know why the team drafted Pat White. We can sit here and say it's a wasted pick but without the information as to why he was taken it's not a fair assessment.

My opinion is this; White was drafted for his play making ability and to sit and learn the quarterback position as the #3 guy. I don't think he was ever supposed to see the field as a true QB before 2011 at the earliest. Beyond that I think he was supposed to be a situational running back, 3rd down back, gadget play guy so he could get used to the speed of the game while not being asked to do to much too quickly.

The reason IMHO White played Sunday is because the coaches saw the chance to get him some actual game experience in an otherwise meaningless game.

I think they should keep him and let him learn over time...after all we will need three quarterbacks. In limited play he could be good eventually...being small didn't hurt Doug Flutie too much once he figured out how to play the pro game.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 11:31AM

We haven't seen enough of him to know if he sucks or not. He does look like a boy among men when he's on the field, though.

Rick

Date: January 04, 2010 11:38AM

Date: January 04, 2010 11:50AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2010 11:53AM

WE could have called Pat Surtain a waste after he never got on the field as a rookie.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:02PM

MikeO Wrote:

> Joe Flaco was in the AFC Championship game last
> year. Just sayin

Yeah and rothlesburger went 15-0 as a rookie leading his team to the best record in the NFL...

Come on man that has NOTHING to do with the play of the qb. Both benefited from GREAT defenses and top 3 rushing games. THey only had to manage the game, dont believe me

Rookie stats:
flacco (rookie)- avg. 185 passing yards per game and 14TD/12INT (would not say that is great stats)

Rothlesberger (rookie)- avg. 187 passing yards per game and 17TD/11 Int

Elite qbs
Manning (2009) - avg. 281 passing yards per game and 33TD/16 Int

Brees (2008) - avg. 317 passing yards per game 34TD/17 Int

There production is only half of that of an elite qb...

Let me close my point below

Rothlesberger (2009)- avg. 289 passing yards per game and 26TD/12 Int, now compare that to his rookie year... im just saying though smoking smiley

Date: January 04, 2010 07:01PM

Reppa, you don't think Rothlisberger is a great QB? The guy has won 2 Superbowls! How many have Manning or Brees won?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 05, 2010 08:01AM

Superbowl wins have nothing whatsoever to do with being a great quarterback...Ben is not great, however he is a very good quarterback with the potential to be great eventually. JMO.

Date: January 05, 2010 09:23AM

Ken Wrote:
> Superbowl wins have nothing whatsoever to do with
> being a great quarterback...Ben is not great,
> however he is a very good quarterback with the
> potential to be great eventually. JMO.

Really? Tell the HoF committee that. If Superbowls (i.e. WINNING) weren't a measure of the leader of your team on the field, then Joe Montana, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Bob Griese and Troy Aikman don't deserve to be in the HoF.

If you're basing it solely on stats, then look at the stats on Ben and Manning. Except for a few TDs, Ben has outplayed Manning this year. Ben has fewer Ints and more yards per game. He also made some tremendous plays BY HIMSELF in the last superbowl.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 09:29AM by montequi.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 05, 2010 10:24AM

PW was a mistake. FO needs to admit that and move on.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2010 11:34AM

We just need to get rid of him bcuz I am tired of hearing about him already. Until he officially is not a Dolphin anymore, people will bash him just like they have Ted Ginn.

The FO could come out and say they made a *HUGE* mistake, but it wouldnt stop people from always bashing him, Deserved or un-deserved.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.