HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jason Allen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jason Allen
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:41AM

anyone else thinking he looks OK and worth a roster spot next year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jason Allen
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:05AM

guess not!!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:09AM

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:23AM

I would love to rework the deal if the option is available

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:40AM

no he's gone. Total BUST of a draft pick and player

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 03, 2010 01:29PM

I thought he played well. On the TD in the endzone Big Ben was running around forever, and the turf gave out under his feet.

Still a bit of a bust in that he isn't worth the 1st round we spent..but he is worth a roster spot.

With Will Allen coming back next year, I think looking at Jason Allen at Safety (yes again!) is worth a shot. Saban's system was pretty complex, and from what I've read Gibril Wilson is messing up communication back there as it is... Jason Allen is very athletic, a good tackler, and has good ball skills. Our FS production has been poor all season...can't hurt.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 03, 2010 01:58PM

If he'll re-sign for less money, he's pretty good on special teams.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2010 03:57PM

He is a special teams demon though.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:44AM

We Need much more production out of our Safety Position... We Need more pressure on the QB... Way to much time for the QB to beat our backs, and for the WR's to get open... The Phins D backs need to press more, way to much space to get a completion...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:08AM

I thought he had a good game yesterday. Play him 100% at FS and see what happens. I think he has earned his keep.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 04, 2010 06:52AM

Problem with Jason Allen is while he's a tremendous athlete he's not that smart. Safety is the toughest position to play on defense. It requires lots of reads to determine whether to assist against the pass or the run. I don't think JA has the brain to play FS. If he did he would have been there long ago.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 04, 2010 08:31AM

I think Allen is a decent player but I agree he has never lived up to his billing. Maybe he's worth a shot at linebacker if he could put on some weight. His speed there would be a great benefit because once upon a time he ran a 4.39. Even if he put on 25 to 30 pounds making him 237-242 pounds he should still be able to run a 4.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2010 08:39AM by Ken.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 04, 2010 08:59AM

He played it in college...so at some level...there is a system out there that he can play it at.

Saban's system was extremely complex with 2 safeties that interchange between SS/FS.

He has had several changes of position, but I don't recall him getting the start as a safety in a normal defense? At one time he lead the team in INT's. That is an indication that he has ability. He had 3 INT's in 9 starts ( Corner?) Gibril Wilson had none this year.

We have 3 corners on the team. We have 2 Strong Safeties ( one of whom is our starting FS), we have a young Clemons who isn't quite there yet.

I say switch him back to Safety/Nickel/Dime and let the kid start....unless the draft or sign yet another guy.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 09:07AM

I still say give him FS as a full time position from now thru training camp. From what I remember he entered TN early and graduated early so the guy has as much brains as the next football player.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 10:50AM

Agree. My vote, if I had one, would be absolutely YES. He wasn't, isn't and never will be worth a one, but he played better than Wilson or Clemons yesterday. While he did get beat for the touch, he also did an excellent job on the other pass into the endzone, knocking it away when it looked like a walkover. Besides, he's a very good special teamer and a dependable (I'm looking at YOU, Akin Ayodele!) tackler, something we haven't seen much of this year.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 10:52AM

Interesting idea-food for thought.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.