HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Last Game of the Season
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Last Game of the Season sad smiley
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 07:59AM

Poll
Whats worth more?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
11 votes were received.
Bragging Rights Over the STELLER Fans (that seem to be everywhere) 0

0%
Draft Rights positioning the team at 11th (a loss) 6

55%
Right to PHight to the PHinish! And our .4% chance 5

45%

I am torn. I love the DOLPHINS I am sad the Season may come to an end. Notice I said 'may.' GO FINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last Game of the Season sad smiley
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2010 08:12AM

Another season has FLOWN by and the off season will drag on.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: January 03, 2010 08:26AM

personally i just really dont understand playing for a draft pick..it just does not make sense giving up and doesnt help to build a winner imo

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 03, 2010 08:27AM

angryseas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> personally i just really dont understand playing
> for a draft pick..it just does not make sense
> giving up and doesnt help to build a winner imo

I agree. It's a "losers mentality"

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 03, 2010 08:34AM

true, what is 4 or5 draft spots when there are over 300 potential nfl prospects. So the only real difference between 11 and 15 is money.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 05:42AM

The "loser mentality " is the mentality to have to build a winning franchise down the road. We need help and if we had won the game it gives a worse position in the draft and we still would not have made the playoffs. Plus if we had made the playoffs would we be in the superbowl? NO! Its all about winning the SB....so for me its about going all the way or build a team to go all the way several years in a row.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 04, 2010 05:53AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> true, what is 4 or5 draft spots when there are
> over 300 potential nfl prospects. So the only real
> difference between 11 and 15 is money.

The difference between 11 and 15 could be the difference between:

Michael Irvin and Anthony Miller (1988 draft)

You just never know, though.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 04, 2010 06:04AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> The "loser mentality " is the mentality to have to
> build a winning franchise down the road. We need
> help and if we had won the game it gives a worse
> position in the draft and we still would not have
> made the playoffs. Plus if we had made the
> playoffs would we be in the superbowl? NO! Its all
> about winning the SB....so for me its about going
> all the way or build a team to go all the way
> several years in a row.

Yeah "TANKING" games is how you build a winner. Good atttiude to spread! lol

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: January 05, 2010 12:25PM

Have to actually agree with MikeO. Tanking games is not a good way to finish a season. I believe that there is no better time than now! If you always look to the future, you always look to the future and what could have been never comes again. Thats my deep thought for the day. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. IF YOU DONT PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, THEN RETIRE!!!

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 06, 2010 09:20PM

THE season ended vs Buffalo for me . back to being productive for those 4 hours sunday . were on the right track . well win div next year .

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: January 07, 2010 04:15AM

sad, but i feel the same way. that game showed me that this team (coaches/players) do not deserve to be in the playoffs. to be in the drivers seat, then follow it up with 3 disgusting losses was enough for me to concede the fact my team is not ready for the big stage. last year was great, we won the f'ing division... no one can ever take that away from our team. Pennington had a great year and we took care of the ball. we didn't win by a lot but we played ball control football and the wildcat was key.

this year with Pennington going down was almost a blessing in disguise IMO. Henne was forced into the starting lineup and performed. we have now seen what he can do, and know what he brings to our game. he can make some throws penny cant, accuracy and arm power are great, but this off season he needs to develop more touch on his passes and play better under pressure/keep his composure. outside of that, his accuracy is dead on, can throw a 20+ yard laser, and he can stretch the field.

interesting side note: the morning following Miami's loss on WSVN Drew Rosenhaus "predicted" miami will part ways with Joey Porter and Ted Ginn. alright you may say we could all see this coming but i guess the coaching staff is through with giving Teddy chances... and 2.65 mil is a little much to pay a KR/WR who catches approx 35-40 balls... i forget the year, but i remember hoping to draft DeSean Jackson, he was there for us but because he was from Cal (or some school not known for receivers i believe) we passed him over. very similar in stature/speed to ginn, but jackson's unafraid to take a hit.

as far as rooting for losses...i would never do that. but as with any system, all season long i was always looking for improvement. to be honest with all of you, this year i rarely watched the scoreboard. i was more interested in watching us "grind" out wins with solid play. a W or L mattered, but only little.

the harsh reality is that while we all will, year after year, watch our Phins fight through the season and (hopefully) beyond, the players of our team will be interchanged, and player/management loyalty is non existent.

the last dolphin i truly cared about was Dan Marino. as a kid i remember saying this is the year, praying for him to get a ring... he deserved it most in my eyes, after all. through the injuries, eventually the coaching staff came into question, his receivers were never good enough (in my eyes)... Shula was seen as being from a different era, the fans started clamoring for the SB coach from Dallas (i remember seeing on SportsCenter, as i would watch every morning before school, this one sign in particular reading "IT'S OVER ROVER, LET JIMMY TAKE OVER"winking smiley and the village idiot, jimmy Johnson's pathetic attempt at a running game, horrible draft choices (less surtain, madison, taylor, thomas)... it became evident that Marino's body was breaking down and the likelihood of it happening for him was slim. when he retired i was upset, i remember watching his presser that morning (Jan?) and feeling sorry for him. (to this day,I still hate jimmy johnson for what he did to Marino)

what I'm getting at, especially now that i live in the area (Ft Lauderdale) no one player is bigger than the TEAM. Maybe it was my youth, I'd watched Marino my entire life (born '81) but i have no such connection anymore. sad for the players who lost, but reality is, they all make a paycheck win or loss or draw.

LIVE AQUA BREATHE ORANGE

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 07, 2010 04:46AM

DOUG thumbs up smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.