HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We are who we thought we were
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We are who we thought we were
Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: December 31, 2009 06:31AM

Many people thought that we would be a better team than last year but may not have as good of a record. Well, I believe this to be true. I am happy with the progression with Henne. I believe that we FINALLY found the future QB of this franchise. And to be honest after losing so many starters I am surprise we are in such good shape. Thoughts, Comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We are who we thought we were
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 31, 2009 07:22AM

I agree with you. Time will tell but we have lots going for us. Another good draft and a couple free agents, if that can happen, and next year could be very good for us.

ILB, WR, DE or OLB. A few key positions and we could be really good.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2009 09:30AM

I'm optimistic about the players (except we MUST get rid of Gabril Wilson) but I really don't think we will go anywhere with our playcalling.

Gone are the days in the NFL when talent alone would dominate. The league is so balanced nowadays that on any given day the Detroit Lions could force either the Colts or the Saints into a close game.

Given that reality, you just can't have the coaching making critical errors like putting in PAT WHITE when we have the ball inside the opponent's 10 yard line with it being "goal to go."

You just can't have the coaching staff not settling down the players either in overtime or having just received the punt on our 40 yard line with 3 minutes left to go and behind by less than 3 points.

In that situation, you need a coaching staff that will not have players making DESPERATE CHOICES like Camarillo fumbling the ball out of bounds to preserve a clock that we really should have been trying to run down.

You can't have Chad Henne thinking that he must put the ball up for grabs on 3rd down on the first series in overtime at our own 20 yard line when the best thing is to simply eat the sack and punt the ball.

We ain't going nowhere with this play calling and game time coaching.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 31, 2009 09:59AM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 31, 2009 11:10AM

I agree with all of the sentiments expressed here.

I agree that we finally found our long term answer at QB.

I agree that we need more talent in key areas

I agree that our coaching has predominantly make very good choices.

Tony is also a green 'Head' Coach and will learn on the job along with the players. Head Coach is very different from positional coaching...and there are mistakes to be made and lessons to be learned along the way. I believe he is getting better.

I think Tony has taken over SOME of the play-calling in certain situations. That's what it looks like...but he will never expose his coaching staff or players to anything that allows media to zero in.

I think most of us thought that last year we had a lighter schedule and in the off-season many predicted 8-8, 9-7...that's where we are.

The frustration for me is that we were extremely close to winning a couple of those games. We are close....but...we will be losing some pieces and adding some pieces...so we will likely start 2010 with some hiccups and then gel to be a better team than this year.

I hope we are no worse than 1-2 after 3 games.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2009 11:29AM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 31, 2009 04:46PM

and we let ourselves off the hook.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 31, 2009 05:01PM

They are who we thought they were.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 31, 2009 05:03PM

And if you want to crown them, then crown their @$$#$!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.