HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          non fumble
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
non fumble
Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:44PM

I got tired of watching the fins self destruct and deleted my recording. I was watching the shortcuts this morning and was puzzled by the fumble non review. I thought the ref said the ruling on the field was an incomplete pass and was therefore not reviewable. Was this discussed in any length on the broadcast? I swear I have seen calls like this reviewed in the past.

Can anyone shead some light on this for me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: non fumble
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:02PM

They blew the play dead as an incomplete pass before we recovered the fumble. Once they blow any play dead before a turnover is completed, it doesn't matter what happens after the whistle.

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:18PM

I understand what you are saying but I swear that I have seen similar plays like that, ones where the ball was advanced and the recovering team still got the ball but they had to go back to where the ball was recovered. What the hell is replay for if you cannot correct wrong calls.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:38PM

The whistle blew before the ball was recovered... If a Dolphin player had recovered before the whistle then it could be reviewed... The reason behind that, is if a player hears the whistle he could stop playing and not recover the ball that he may have had a chance to recover...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 28, 2009 05:04PM

Exactly. Similar plays are indeed reviewed. But, it all comes down to when the whistle was blown. Had the action been fast enough that we recovered the fumble before the whistle, then yes, it could have been overturned. But once the whistle blew, anything that happens after cannot be reviewed.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 29, 2009 05:14AM

And I thought there was a concerted effort to delay the whistle being blown by refs specifically to avoid these types of situations. I, like everyone else here, don't want to go to the refs as the reason we lost - and they punted to us the very next play. However, the dude secured the ball and took three freakin' steps!!! Blowing the whistle was a very, very bad decision. It was easy to see it was a fumble in live action. Whatever...

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 29, 2009 08:27AM

There has been a concerted effort this year for the refs to NOT BLOW THE WHISTLE regardless of their opinion about fumbles until someone has been touched down on the field.

The reason is to prevent PRECISELY what happened here. That is, where a BLOWN CALL is unreviewable because the whistle caused the players to stop going after it.

These refs just didn't get the memo.

Posted by: Wild_Cat_Miles ()
Date: December 29, 2009 09:55AM

that called killed us...started drinking heavily after that one. we came out so flat though that was what killed me.

Holla at me on Twitter...twitter.com/WildCatMiles

Broward County what what...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.