HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Criminal Officiating Week 2
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Criminal Officiating Week 2
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:35AM

Is no one else just absolutely APALLED at the officiating these past two weeks. Yes we shouldn't put ourselves in the position to have a game decided by the referees, but between the Camarillo "late hit" and the fumble that they called back this week, I've never seen officiating so criminally incompetent.

Camarillo puts two outstretched hands on the DB as he is laying on the ground UNTOUCHED!!!! by anybody and getting yelled at by his teamates to get up and run, so Camarillo does the smart thing and makes contact witha player who is NOT DOWN during a play that is NOT OVER. They call a crippling penalty on him, it costs us field position that essentially costs us the ame, and then they have the nerve to fine Camarillio. Pieces of Sh!t!!

The Ginn touchdown today getting called back could have been just as easily not called as the "tripping" was a matter of interpretation. The point is, on a play like that, you on't make that call unless a player executes a horrible blatant trip, not a clean block where his leg is up in the air and sort of kind of maybe looks like it interferes with a ruher that he just blocked cleanly.

The fumble call back was horse sh!t. He caught the ball, took 3 steps, and then vontae knocked it out. we covered it up. End of story. Worst call next to the Camarillo call I've ever seen.

We should be playing better, and not making mistakes that put us in a hole, but that doesn't change the fact that these past two games, the referees have been absolutely instrumental in us losing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Criminal Officiating Week 2
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:40AM

The refs don't cover and they don't rush. They however do make questionable calls.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:43AM

You are right about the Camarillo tackle by touch and the Fumble.

Both were blown calls with the Camarillo one being more sinister and the fumble being more incompetence.

I agree with you that the tripping call could have been not called. the guy was going to fall down anyway. No way would he have gotten to Henne and the ball was leaving Henne's hand when the trip occurred.

It was chickensh_t but it was also, as I said in another post, really stupid of Polite to do in the first place because the defender was going to fall on his face even without the leg whip.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:44AM

That leg whip is going to be called every single time. Polite whiffed on his block, a rare occurrence, and he tried to make up for it with the leg whip. It's funny because Polite has been so good at sticking his blocks with big hits. Yet, on that play, he decides to try to cut the feet of the ultra-athletic Connor Barwin, who easily hurdled him. He's been one of our best players all season, but that was a bad play on Polite's part, and it was the correct call by the officials.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 02:50PM

All season long...officiating has been against us, it seems like.
Especially against the "good teams".

Hmmm...
Hopefully it evens out next year.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 02:58PM

REF YOU SUCK! We stopped them by centimeters on 3rd down and they gave them the first. The chain was outstretched and I could see daylight!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2009 03:06PM

Dolphanmark

I did not say it was not a legitimate call. It was. But it could have been ignored because it could not have possibly affected the play.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 27, 2009 03:25PM

Its a shame we play so bad that one call makes such a big deal.....

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 27, 2009 04:23PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dolphanmark
>
> I did not say it was not a legitimate call. It
> was. But it could have been ignored because it
> could not have possibly affected the play.

Leg whips don't get ignored because of the injury risk associated with them. As Polite said after the game, he should have just blocked him standing up, like he normally does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.