HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This Team doesn't Quit
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This Team doesn't Quit
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:26AM

And obviously, most of the fans do.

We dug ourselves so deep in a hole...that we were unable to get out with the refs playing for Houston.

That tripping call on the Ginn TD and quick whistle on the fumble was just too much to overcome.

Realistically, with all the starters that went down this season...it is amazing that we can still be competitive. But, we can NOT win when we beat ourselves.

We continue to use unnecessary Timeouts. We continue to miss tackles. We continue to not get the ball out on time and force throws. We continue to not be aggressive until the score demands that we have to bw.

But, this team never quits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This Team doesn't Quit
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:34AM

No it's just not very talented.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:37AM

first, I agree that we did not quit.

But I usually criticize the refs. First, yeah, they blew it on that quick whistle on that fumble. Amazing, at regular speed I had no question in my mind it was a fumble. He literally ran five yard with the ball although shielded from our camera view. Maybe the ref saw him bobble it.

But for the most part in the rest of the game, I thought the refs kind of favored us. We got a very generous spot right after that blown call that kept one of our drives alive.

As for as the "leg whip" call. It was not a tripping call to me although that's what they labeled it.

In the 1950's, tripping used to be literally sticking out your foot and tripping the guy like the woman does in the commercial when she's trying to get the waiter's attention.

The leg whip rule was an innovation of about the 1980's that took sometime because it is kind of a subtle motion.

but my real complaint is with Polite. What in the hell did he think he would accomplish with the leg whip. The guy was already falling down. Was the guy going to fall harder?

The same kind of crazy thing as the damn receiver false starting on the quarterback sneak. It's a quarterback sneak for Godssake! And what is even more unexplainable is that this guy is on the end of the line. I could see it if he was an interior lineman who is nervous because he is responsible for blocking on the quarterback sneak, but someone out on the end?

There is something rotten when it comes to football fundamentals.

Maybe Cam and Wanny were bad on draft day but geez,,,,,this coaching, including training and game day decisions.

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:49PM

This team has once again fallen apart at the end. Doesn't surprise me at all. I am so frustrated with this team. Henne is definetly a keeper but needs to be surrounded by talent...namely WR and we will need to upgrade the WB as well. We need to start buying talent....and get to the bowl at least in this new decade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.