HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sprano gets 1 more year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sprano gets 1 more year
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:09AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprano gets 1 more year
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:24AM

Wow... Mike O is giving the head coach 1 more year. For a guy who is calling all of the shots for the franchise you should at least know how to spell the name of your head coach.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:29AM

Wrong.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 27, 2009 10:30AM

Do people not realize that 2 years ago we were 1-15!?

We have *ALOT* of holes, our record last year was probably worse for us because of expectations, but ultimately we had the easiest schedule last year and won about 7 or 8 games by a filed goal or less.

Bottom line, we still are a season away from being real good. We are competitive now, but not real good.

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2009 10:31AM

we were competitive today? And we didn't become "competitive" last week till about the 4th quarter

Date: December 27, 2009 10:40AM

Mike, what was our record 2 years ago?

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2009 10:45AM

We had Cam Cameron 2 years ago. You can't keep going back to 2007 to make a call on a head coach. It's gonna be 2010 in a few days, move off of 2007

Date: December 27, 2009 10:48AM

What was our record? Just answer the question, Mike. You dont go from 1-15 to being Superbowl contenders in 2 years with that horrid talent level we had. Its not possible.

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2009 10:52AM

whos claiming "SUPER BOWL OR BUST"????

But are we gonna go from 11 wins and the playoffs to either 7 or 8 wins an no-playoffs?? With poor offseason acquistions via Free Agency??? That is regression. How many years of regression do we allow before making a change?

Date: December 27, 2009 10:53AM

Mike, what was the difference in scheduled betweens last years and this years!?

Mike, you have fallen off the wagon, man.

---------------------

Date: December 27, 2009 10:55AM

Im not calling for the man heads now. But if we don't make the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row (after NEXT season)....I mean come on. How many years of going backwards do you want to watch?? More Wannstedt football???

There are coaches that get fired after 1 season, this is the NFL. What have you done for me lately.

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:56AM

I think the blasting of Sparano is a direct result of overrating the talent. Henne is not going to be Marino even if you give him Dwight Stephenson and the Marks brothers. Davone Bess is not going to be the next Wes Welker. Brett Hartline is a nice possession receiver, not Cris Carter.

The talent on this team is very limited and their most talented player got injured and their second most talented player was having a nice resurgence but ultimately proved that asking him to carry the load at his age, at that position, was a little much.

On defense unfortunately the safeties are more like panic buttons and the linebackers are good enough for a team that is excellent elsewhere but bad enough that on this team they are a problem. The corners are young and should get better.

I don't think Sparano and the FO have covered themselves in glory, but I would rather see some consistency for a couple of years than get the the Detorit Lions stage of continually trying something new.

Posted by: joenhre ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:17AM

I agree with Mike. If Sparano doesn't improve on his clock management and his teams continue to only show up for 1 half of games then he will not be around for very long. His team was not ready, and looked flat in the first half of this game. They played a very beatable team and were not prepared. His clock management was terrible as usual nd it cost them any chance of winning in the 2nd half.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:25AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:25AM

I don't know who is responsible for play calling, Sparano or Henning.

but whoever is, is pitiful.
\

On the earlier 4th down at midfield, when the score was 27-10, we went for it.

We should not have. Even though they did not score, they took time off the clock and left us in a worse position than we would have been if we had punted and stopped them.

Inexplicably, later in the fourth quarter, he punts TWICE on fourth down.

I don't understand it.

Also as I posted, on that last significant play by Houston, we should have been told to sell out defending the run. Line up with the receivers but once the ball is snapped ignore them and run to the line of scrimmage to help stop the run.

Even if we leave ourselves vulnerable to the pass, what is the difference in a first down passing or a first down running.

But you have to put yourselves in your opponent's shoe. If the ball is not completed you punt and you have stopped the clock. If the ball is intercepted, you make the worst move of all. If you complete it for a first down, you are no better than if you make a first down on the run.

Yet our coaches had our players out in pass coverage.

Somebody is silly.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:27AM

Sparano and most of the coaches are growing into their jobs, just like Henne and Ginn and all the other young guys. They all will improve.

Date: December 27, 2009 11:28AM

If the team didn't quit then the coaches aren't any good.....either way its a LOSE/LOSe for us fans

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:32AM

You need to lighten up a bit. There's a reason why they call football a "game"

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:43AM

Wow Mike!

We lose a great game and you are still bitc***g? I wanted the Phins to win this as much as the biggest fan wanted, but you need to meet Mr. Reality. Our coaching staff is great and most of our players are as well. You wanna bet against Vontae Davis next year!? If you do I am game! We have so many positives going into next year it is ridiculous! I wanted the phins to give us some entertainment this year as well, but reality meets the real world at some point. I am dissapointed as well, but let's not go overboard! I bleed aqua and orange! do you? Our coaching staff is great and so are alot of our players! Give us another draft and more experience and lets see where we are next year! We easily should have had the last two games and didnt. I guarantee you we have the experience with the same staff we have now that we wont! Go phins!

Date: December 27, 2009 11:46AM

you call that a "GREAT GAME"????

Miami got their asses kicked

Date: December 27, 2009 11:51AM

Yeah I do Mike. I was on my hands and knees until the bitter end knowing that anything was possible! We almost made a comeback. First half and little bit better and the game was ours. When did you stop watching? Like i said, I understand your frustration but C'mon, real fans dont quit and dont bitc*. You see the good there is and look forward to the future. You keep ignoring the where we were two years ago question but fact is fact! Calm down, Face reality, and be the true fan i know you can be.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:52AM

The players love Sparano and play hard for him. Today was a good example of how short we are in the talent department. Our LB play is awful. We will likely not have one LB reach 70 tackles. That is horrible. The inside LB play is particularly bad, as they never shed blocks and fill holes. Our corners will be fine in the long run, but today, we had 2 rookie corners going against one of the league's best passing offenses. It was a mismatch. On offense, we have to work so hard for everything because our receivers do not get separation, and don't make nearly enough plays on catchable balls. Our interior line pass protection is also not acceptable. There are too many guys getting in Henne's face. Notice how we almost never generate any pass rush up the middle. Our opponents do it way too easily. And that brings me back to defense again. Other than Starks, none of of our D Linemen exhibit pass rush skills.

As for the coaching, I do think Pasqualoni is going to be let go. The defense is why we have a losing record today. He's going to take the fall for that, and I expect they'll bring in Parcells' crony Al Groh.

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:55AM

dont consider myself a great football mind but seems to me sparano might have been the guy to take out of out a abismal hole but isnt the guy to take us to the next level

Date: December 27, 2009 11:56AM

I don't believe that. Pas will stay as defensive mastermind because our coaches are smart enough to know the physical defeciencies we have in are players on defense. Mainly our ILB's. He will be back and we will have a new two man tag team in our ILB'S position next season

Posted by: phinsamey ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:08PM

Look, Sparano is a great teacher/coach but his game mgt skills are questionable at best. I do want to give him time to grow into this a bit further though as this team just lacks "elite" talent at some very crucial positions. He gets more than 1 year IMO-he dealt with a lot of injuries this year at important positions and had us in the hunt until week 16. The rotation of O-Linement needs to stop and we have go to get middle up the middle-especially on defense. Not ready to give up on Ginn either as he can be a deep threat with Henne-they just got to get better timing. He may not be a #1 but he can be used to stecth the field.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:13PM

Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:15PM

Mike O, your dumb. Enough said.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:19PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whos claiming "SUPER BOWL OR BUST"????
>
> But are we gonna go from 11 wins and the playoffs
> to either 7 or 8 wins an no-playoffs?? With poor
> offseason acquistions via Free Agency??? That is
> regression. How many years of regression do we
> allow before making a change?

You have to take the 11-5 season with a grain of salt. We played a very easy schedule. It doesn't take away from winning the division, because the entire AFC East played a very weak schedule in 2008. But, we played a lot of bad teams. And we barely beat a lot of them, even at home. And we lucked out with the Brady injury for the Pats. With the schedule we had this season, there was no way we were going to match the 11-5. Anyone who thought so was not being realistic about our talent level.

As for free agency acquisitions, they have nothing to do with Sparano. That's Jeff Ireland's job.

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:23PM

never considered us an 11-5 team last year but doesnt matter to me ..what matters is how poorly we p.ayed in the first half uninspired, mistackling, ahhh we aint gonna make the playoffs anyways kind of play

just dont get the difference in intensity level between teams at times....hey this is working the more i post the less pissed i am ...nice

Date: December 27, 2009 12:26PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > whos claiming "SUPER BOWL OR BUST"????
> >
> > But are we gonna go from 11 wins and the
> playoffs
> > to either 7 or 8 wins an no-playoffs?? With
> poor
> > offseason acquistions via Free Agency??? That
> is
> > regression. How many years of regression do we
> > allow before making a change?
>
>
> Give it a rest Mike. We were 1-15 two years ago.
>
> Yes we went from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year but keep
> in mind that the only other team in NFL history to
> have a 10 game improvement in one season was the
> Colts. They went 3-13 in Manning's rookie year
> and 13-3 in his second FULL season. They dropped
> to 10-6 in 2000 despite having a HOF QB, WR, RB
> and head coach.
>
> If we win next week we suffer the same 3 game set
> back they did. If we lose, we are one game off
> that pace without half the talent they had.
>
> This chicken little "the sky is falling" stuff is
> wearing thin.
>
> You've been on again off again with this stuff
> since we lost to Atlanta.

1) We are getting Peyton Manning??

2) It's called watching, observing, and having an opinion. Can I have an opinion? You can disagree but if after watching the last two weeks has given you "hope" going forward, then god bless ya. Cause we have folded down the stretch here

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.